Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
DSV Customs Order Review: (resolved)

This is a review of a DSV custom leather ebrake shaft and boot that I ordered. I paid $338 dollars for the two parts. This included a $138 deposit on the actually ebrake that they needed to buy in order to build the pieces. I was told that I would be credited for the ebrake once I mailed it back upon receipt. I placed the order on December 3 and was told I would receive it in 2-3 weeks. They charged me the next day! One month later and no part. It took until the third week in January to receive it, after making numerous phone calls and emails to DSV ALL WHICH WERE NEVER ANSWERED.

FINALLY, I received the part and mailed back the ebrake to receive the deposit. A week later, no deposit received, I again called and emailed them with no response. February 6th, they finally deposited my account HOWEVER, they only deposited me $100, not the full $138 they promised. Not to mention, they charged me double the shipping for 2 parts even though they shipped them in the same box.

A message to all, DO NOT DEAL WITH DSV CUSTOMS. I strongly suggest you avoid them at all cost. They should spend more time investing in better management of customer support, than they do in stealing peoples money.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
They seem active on the forum a lot. I look forward to their response. Seems REALLY expensive for just an e-brake boot. Hopefully this can be resolved and thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
LittleRockCGM

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM/IOM 2SS/RS
I'm surprised - they seem to be a standup company and considered a great vendor on many of the forums. Geraldo has always been accessible to me. I just bought a steering wheel for my Z06 and it was a great transaction. Quality is incredible.

Sorry you had such a bad transaction.
3300 11/11/09 - Order Scheduled for Production (TPW 11/23/09)
3400 11/17/09 - Order Broadcast
3800 11/23/09 - Build Complete (VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9170886)
4000 11/26/09 - Ready to Ship
4200 11/30/09 - Shipped (ETTX854262)
5000 12/11/09 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 12/12/09 - Delivered to Customer (It's Mine!)
Old 02-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Yea, unfortunately the experience left a bad taste, not to mention it shafted me out of money. The product itself was good, it seems to be built well. They seem like they are not ready to do direct customer sales outside of actually taking cars in for redesigns.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Did you PM DSV? I know you called and emailed, but their frequent use of Camaro5 suggests that they have no intention of scamming customers here. Did you order directly through them? If you ordered through another company, you're blaming the wrong people. The reason I suggest this possibility is that their website Camaro store is not up yet, suggesting that you probably didn't order through DSV online.

I hope your situation gets resolved quickly. I'd be upset, too.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
Jakpot
Semper Fidelis

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM, #63227
Thanks for the heads-up. Since they are so active on this board apparently, I would love to hear their response.
2LT RS, Silver Ice Metallic, Black Stripes, Black Leather
#63227, Born on 3 Nov 2009
Old 02-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Did you PM DSV? I know you called and emailed, but their frequent use of Camaro5 suggests that they have no intention of scamming customers here. Did you order directly through them? If you ordered through another company, you're blaming the wrong people. The reason I suggest this possibility is that their website Camaro store is not up yet, suggesting that you probably didn't order through DSV online.

I hope your situation gets resolved quickly. I'd be upset, too.
I ordered directly through them over the phone. Not only did I e-mail them via the website every time i needed to contact them, I also called and left messages. I put my cellular phone number in every email and voice mail. They have not responded to any of them, and I left close to 7 or 8 emails and voicemails.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Dsv has 1000s of happy customers. I will work on this tonight. I called Dsv and fixed this I thought. Give ME a chance to fix this.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #9
Indpowr
Account Suspended

He did not order from me but u will do what I can to make this right even if I have to pay something out of my own pocket.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #10
Indpowr
Account Suspended

I am the face of DSV and this affects me one way or another. This is why I like the orders to go through me so I can personally take of these issues for the customers
Old 02-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
dsvcustoms

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyridinghigh View Post
This is a review of a DSV custom leather ebrake shaft and boot that I ordered. I paid $338 dollars for the two parts. This included a $138 deposit on the actually ebrake that they needed to buy in order to build the pieces. I was told that I would be credited for the ebrake once I mailed it back upon receipt. I placed the order on December 3 and was told I would receive it in 2-3 weeks. They charged me the next day! One month later and no part. It took until the third week in January to receive it, after making numerous phone calls and emails to DSV ALL WHICH WERE NEVER ANSWERED.

FINALLY, I received the part and mailed back the ebrake to receive the deposit. A week later, no deposit received, I again called and emailed them with no response. February 6th, they finally deposited my account HOWEVER, they only deposited me $100, not the full $138 they promised. Not to mention, they charged me double the shipping for 2 parts even though they shipped them in the same box.

A message to all, DO NOT DEAL WITH DSV CUSTOMS. I strongly suggest you avoid them at all cost. They should spend more time investing in better management of customer support, than they do in stealing peoples money.

You were owed a $130 core on the items, not $138 like you mention. Check your facts before posting incorrect information. All of your money has been refunded, $100 first and them the balance of $30 when you let us know that it was short. Also you were not "double charged" for the shipping. You were charged $10 so I don't know where you get this from. The part took the time it took to get to you because that is the time it took us to get it from the dealership. There is a shortage of a lot of Camaro parts right now at the dealerships because the factory is building so many of these cars that spares are in short supply.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #12
Indpowr
Account Suspended

PM me if you need anymore help

Last edited by Indpowr; 02-09-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #13
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
DSV and Gerardo has always done right by me. I am sure this is a mis-understanding. These guys have top quality and I have received nothing but excellent customer service from Gerardo and his crew! Sorry for your issues.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #14
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Custom made parts take time. Custom made parts that rely on suppliers for parts sometimes take longer. DSV has an excellent reputation in the Corvette world, seems like a little more communication and patience would have solved this issue.

*this response paid for by DSV, who will be sending me a free interior upgrade kit.

(hehe)
Tony

Closed Thread