Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
Exclamation SCT TUNE after Maggie install

I have a few questions about the SCT Tune that you receive from Magnuson on the TVS 2300 Maganacharger. After we (Group of Air Force motorheads) installed the maganacharger, we uploaded the tune according to directions.

1. Does the SCT Tuner automatically save the Factory tune?
2. If not how do we retrieve it?
3. The Tune is very conservative, can the tuner be sent to have a custom tune installed and how easy is it to accomplish?

4. After the intial tune what else would we use the Tuner for?
5. Are there any other options that you can modify on your own with this tuner?

I apologize in advance as we are very "TUNING" illiterate?
thank you
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
I have a few questions about the SCT Tune that you receive from Magnuson on the TVS 2300 Maganacharger. After we (Group of Air Force motorheads) installed the maganacharger, we uploaded the tune according to directions.

1. Does the SCT Tuner automatically save the Factory tune? YES

2. If not how do we retrieve it? using SCT liveload software

3. The Tune is very conservative, can the tuner be sent to have a custom tune installed and how easy is it to accomplish? You only need to send me your original back up and I can write a Custom JRE tune for your set up

4. After the intial tune what else would we use the Tuner for? Read and clear codes, Datalogging, Performance testing, return the vehicle to stock, other than that, not much unless you change something like add headers or cam or smaller pulley

5. Are there any other options that you can modify on your own with this tuner? I doubt Magnuson turned on User adjustable options, but I can turn them on if requested, they allow changes to tire size, gear ratio, Idle speed, rev limiter, add or subtract timing, add or subtract fuel at WOT, Fan turn on temps.

I apologize in advance as we are very "TUNING" illiterate?
thank you

No apology necessary, I am here to Help contact me any time

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
Thank You for your answers. I Pm'd you and will order a tune shortly
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Ted (Jannetty Racing) is great with the tunes and customer service.....He saved my Butt a couple weeks ago!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote