Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-30-2016, 11:58 PM   #57
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
A buyer that sends the deposit first isn't dumb in my opinion, he's just a good soul who simply wants to do the right thing and show trust towards the stupid ugly douchebag douchenozzle dickstick pricklet that he's a good person but the STUPID IDIOT kept the 100 dollars because he's MORE THAN LIKELY SOME UNEMPLOYED DICKSTICK living off the Government...And don't KID YOURSELF that because he has ZL1 rims, that they're HIS RIMS....Most likely stolen because that's the only good thing this punk is good at doing is being a worthless thief and a waste of parasitical crap!

I hope this jerk gets his and I hope you come across a crispy 100 dollar bill on the ground one day because you deserve it for being honest!!!!

See the problem here in the Bay Area is everyone wants to be a dishonest, soulless piece of crap and on top of that these dishonest soulless piece of fecal matter morons don't care either! THEY SLEEP LIKE A BABY because they're "soulless"...

I was going to give away a free Camaro splitter I paid 300+ dollars for but then came to my senses and said......"WHAT THE HELL HAS ANYONE DONE FOR ME" ...NOT A DAMN THING! lulz! I just want to say keep being a good person and do good things (but don't rely on "Karma" because "Karma" is a bunch of made up bolony! There are still good people out there (even though plenty of dicks outnumber the good "these days in our self-entitled society with noses stuck all the way up their disgusting rear ends).

Have a good day Sir! And God Bless Canada for helping us in The Middle East!
Hey, don't hold back, let us know how your really feel .... lol. You make some good points, but I totally agree with the last part of your statement I've highlighted ... I think some of the post here prove that
Old 03-31-2016, 01:40 AM   #58
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
He's a turd. If he had even asked for a deposit, I'd say he's justified, but he's just grabbing an opportunity to take $100.00 that isn't his. The money's gone, but I'd try to think of it as a learning experience that cost $100.00. I'm sure you'll do it differently next time. I've been ripped off by trying to be congenial, and I know how much it sucks. As a result, I don't let it happen so much anymore.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 03:05 AM   #59
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I'm on the side that the seller thought he had a buyer and took the wheels off the market. It's very possible that he could have had his money sooner. The fact that you cancelled your trip is neither his fault nor his problem.

The real stand up thing to do here is either eat the $100 and call it a lesson learned. Keep in mind, the buyer could have had his cash in hand much sooner without you in his life. Or, just follow through on the agreement, and either drive down and pick them up, or arrange for shipping and pony up.

If the whole deal was contingent upon you taking this trip, then you should have stated that clearly, and negotiated the "what if" ahead of time. The fact is, an agreement was made and that agreement fell through because you aren't willing to do what is necessary to fulfill your end. Losing the $100 is merely a consequence of your decision to cancel the deal. He doesn't owe you the money back, it was given him as consideration for the time he would lose holding the wheels, this is the spirit of the deposit. Apparently you don't want the wheels that much, and if that's the case, you should've waited for a deal closer to home.

Now if I were the guy, I would give you the money back, but that's me. But I wouldn't do so because I thought I owed it you, I would do so because I know you worked hard for it, and would look at it as something between a couple of car guys. He apparently sees it as a business transaction and is not wrong for doing so. So, the answer to your question is your not getting ripped off.

Anyway, that's how I see it, and would see it if I were in your shoes.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:01 AM   #60
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
First off, I don't really think anyone will ever read this as I'm probably the only one bored enough to read 6 pages of this soap opera.

However, It just seems to me that $100 is not enough money to start a thread like this and keep it alive for 6 pages. Seriously. I am not a rich man. As a matter of fact I'm not sure I'm even considered middle class any more. I certainly do not have any extra $100 bills laying around my house or falling off a tree in my yard. Never the less, I just cannot see myself starting a thread like this. It's not worth time or the bad press you expose yourself to.

No disrespect to either party (or anyone else) but if you need to ask others if you have been ripped off, and cannot really see if you were or were not cheated, then I think you should stay away from internet sales until you're a bit dryer behind the ears.
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:01 AM   #61
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
I'm embarrassed I live in the same town with some douche that would keep the dudes money. Its not like he would have had a hard time selling them.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:23 AM   #62
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
You gave him the money in my opinion to make sure the wheels were there for you and were not sold when you got there. He accepts this money and can no longer seek a customer for the wheels. If he had sold them out from under your deposit, he would be the bad guy for sure. Now you back out, and you feel he should give you the money Either make a fun weekend (or however long it would take) out of the trip to get them, or consider it a loss. Yes, I would probably give the money back to you, but I do not think he is obligated to do so.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:13 AM   #63
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
I understand both parties- You were showing good faith by offereing a deposit though he didn't ask. But like mentioned above"he could of had another solid sale", but decided to hold it for you. So I would chalk it up as a lose. Besides it was just a $100 you sent so no love lost there (My opinion). Now if it were more as a desposit we'd have to call in the mob

Sorry for your lost, but you live and you learn. Bet you wont do that one again
Old 03-31-2016, 10:20 AM   #64
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
If I had agreed to buy the wheels then I backed out, I would expect him to keep the money. I can't count the number of times I go to sell something and someone backs out at the last minute. Nothing like wasting time and money, especially when someone else would of bought it.
Cenafan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:38 AM   #65
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post

I'm in MI. To show you that most of us are here to help each other, you don't need to purchase a mailbox. PM me and I'll give you my work address (cheaper shipped frieght, but most will require a commercial address). I'll pick them up for you, put them in my basement, you come get them whenever. Get it all worked out with the seller and shipper (i'm not getting involved in that), then come get them from me whenever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
Nice to have you stand up and help someone out....

OP-Since I am in Upstate NY about 2 hrs from the Canadian border. I will offer the same, so I am not sure where you are in Ontario, but if you are coming through the north side of NY and it is easier I can do it as well so you have a alternative option.

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:03 PM   #66
JohnyBoy

Drives: GM car
I would refund the money but in his defense, you did back out of the deal and like others said, you might have costed him a solid deal with someone else
JohnyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:27 PM   #67
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
A buyer that sends the deposit first isn't dumb in my opinion, he's just a good soul who simply wants to do the right thing and show trust towards the stupid ugly douchebag douchenozzle dickstick pricklet that he's a good person but the STUPID IDIOT kept the 100 dollars because he's MORE THAN LIKELY SOME UNEMPLOYED DICKSTICK living off the Government...And don't KID YOURSELF that because he has ZL1 rims, that they're HIS RIMS....Most likely stolen because that's the only good thing this punk is good at doing is being a worthless thief and a waste of parasitical crap!

I hope this jerk gets his and I hope you come across a crispy 100 dollar bill on the ground one day because you deserve it for being honest!!!!

See the problem here in the Bay Area is everyone wants to be a dishonest, soulless piece of crap and on top of that these dishonest soulless piece of fecal matter morons don't care either! THEY SLEEP LIKE A BABY because they're "soulless"...

I was going to give away a free Camaro splitter I paid 300+ dollars for but then came to my senses and said......"WHAT THE HELL HAS ANYONE DONE FOR ME" ...NOT A DAMN THING! lulz! I just want to say keep being a good person and do good things (but don't rely on "Karma" because "Karma" is a bunch of made up bolony! There are still good people out there (even though plenty of dicks outnumber the good "these days in our self-entitled society with noses stuck all the way up their disgusting rear ends).

Have a good day Sir! And God Bless Canada for helping us in The Middle East!

Good Lord, I don't know where that came from or what that's all about, but no one can say you lack enthusiasm.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:33 PM   #68
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
I say eat the $100 and come get some that are close to Canada. Here are a set across the border in Rochester, NY
http://rochester.craigslist.org/wto/5498243451.html
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:11 PM   #69
Ledzepx

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro 6sp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenafan85 View Post
If I had agreed to buy the wheels then I backed out, I would expect him to keep the money. I can't count the number of times I go to sell something and someone backs out at the last minute. Nothing like wasting time and money, especially when someone else would of bought it.
Agreed. Just move on. Once I started reading this thread. I was pissed about you not getting your money back. It sucks. But you backed out. This guy is stuck with them until he sells them. What I would do, if I sold them for what I was asking for. Then. Then I would give the money back.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:17 PM   #70
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Just want to clarify something. Judge judy is a real judge. Now whether or not her rulings on her show are legally binding I don't know. I do however know she has been a judge since the 80'.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote