Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #1877
MaxKamai
Mad Ninja Skills

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
Yes installed myself. Feel free to PM me if you need any help
Custom stainless 2" primary headers / Custom stainless 3" header back exhaust / Hurst short shifter / ZEX nitrous kit / Vararam intake / Spohn chrome moly trailing arms / Sin City Performance Tune / SCP custom ground cam / SCP ported & polished heads

New Car 2007 Corvette Z06 - Headers / Vararam / Magnaflow Catback / SCP Tune / Nitrous / BTR Stg IV Cam and Springs
MaxKamai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #1878
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
EC1990-
Hey I may be looking you up when I move there from Georgia, I should be there the second week of September, and will be looking to either detail my car myself or have someone do it, if I have someone do it I would prefer another fellow Camaro owner do it, beware though.....there is Georgia red clay and dust in every nook and cranny of this machine, I have driven it on a 3/4 mile dirt road at least twice a day since I bought the car in Dec of 2011 so that comes out to an average of three miles of dirt road a day over the last 20 months. I have used a high pressure washer on it several times and even blown it out with an air compressor so it really isnt that bad,
I even own Weather Tech floor mats and they have done a wonderful job at containing the dirt and dust.
Let me know what you charge and once I get out there I will contact you, maybe even run into you at the SCCC meet ups.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #1879
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

Drives: No more Camaro
Thanks a bunch for the info, Dita! I'll have to give that a try. :-)

Sent from SBP's iPhone using Tapatalk
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #1880
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1_Demon View Post
Thanks, EC. Once this rain and ash blows by, I'll wash my car and see how they look and see what I can do.

Sent from SBP's iPhone using Tapatalk
R1 did you ever get to see any other condition of your stripes? I got the M39 and M40 in and used it on the rear stripes to test it out, it cleaned them up but it does have a slight darkening effect to them, mostly just for 24 hours or so until it completely dries.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #1881
ec1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
EC1990-
Hey I may be looking you up when I move there from Georgia, I should be there the second week of September, and will be looking to either detail my car myself or have someone do it, if I have someone do it I would prefer another fellow Camaro owner do it, beware though.....there is Georgia red clay and dust in every nook and cranny of this machine, I have driven it on a 3/4 mile dirt road at least twice a day since I bought the car in Dec of 2011 so that comes out to an average of three miles of dirt road a day over the last 20 months. I have used a high pressure washer on it several times and even blown it out with an air compressor so it really isnt that bad,
I even own Weather Tech floor mats and they have done a wonderful job at containing the dirt and dust.
Let me know what you charge and once I get out there I will contact you, maybe even run into you at the SCCC meet ups.
You're more than welcome to anything I have, and it's great that you haven't let it build up or remain on the paint where it can really etch in. But the weather techs are great since dust and dirt don't get all caught up in the tight carpet weave we have. But sounds great I've already built my collection and you're welcome to use any of it, we'll work out something when you get here.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #1882
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
R1 did you ever get to see any other condition of your stripes? I got the M39 and M40 in and used it on the rear stripes to test it out, it cleaned them up but it does have a slight darkening effect to them, mostly just for 24 hours or so until it completely dries.
I had my work detail my car the other week and you could still see the light, faint white swirls on the stripes on the hood like when I first got it from the dealer (used). :(

So, I might try the stuff Dita mentioned and see if it helps the stripes out at all. I mean, it's not glaringly obvious, but it is to me. I guess I'm OCD that way. :(

Well, even if it darkens the black stripes, that would be fine by me. To me, it would richen them up against the Victory Red paint.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #1883
ec1990

Quote:
I had my work detail my car the other week and you could still see the light, faint white swirls on the stripes on the hood like when I first got it from the dealer (used). :(

So, I might try the stuff Dita mentioned and see if it helps the stripes out at all. I mean, it's not glaringly obvious, but it is to me. I guess I'm OCD that way. :(

Well, even if it darkens the black stripes, that would be fine by me. To me, it would richen them up against the Victory Red paint.
Yeah, Adams SVRT is going to help fill any defects, so they'll still be there albeit hidden, that's about as good as you can expect on vinyl stripes. But expect it to darken and gloss them depending on how much you apply. Just so you're not surprised Take pictures of before and afters if you can.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #1884
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

Will do. I have to order the Adams because I don't think any place around here has it, unless it's available from a dealership?
Old 07-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #1885
ec1990

Quote:
Will do. I have to order the Adams because I don't think any place around here has it, unless it's available from a dealership?
No, no local places that I know of. For Adam's just go through their website otherwise their guarantee isn't valid in case you don't like it. The code CAMARO5 is 10% off.

For other products Las Vegas Car Care on the northeast side is good if you want to purchase locally for Meguiar's Products or 3D/HD products. Online for non-Adams products go to DetailersClub.com, it's a $50 a year membership ($45 if you say I referred you), but savings are between 20-40% so if you end up purchasing over $100-150/year in detailing supplies which really isn't much overall it's beyond worth it. I wish I did it sooner.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #1886
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

Cool. Thanks for the heads up on the products! I don't think I'll use that much for products, but I didn't know about the C5 code for Adam's.

I'm going to have to get some and see how it goes. Maybe I'll even make a GoPro video of before, during and after to show the difference (as well as pics).
Old 07-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #1887
ec1990

Quote:
Cool. Thanks for the heads up on the products! I don't think I'll use that much for products, but I didn't know about the C5 code for Adam's.

I'm going to have to get some and see how it goes. Maybe I'll even make a GoPro video of before, during and after to show the difference (as well as pics).
No problem! And if you ever look into anything I may already have it and you're welcome to try it out before purchasing.

Before and afters are great to show the difference since it can be minimal or use a piece of painter's tape and split the stripe and do a 50/50 comparison that way you can see how it actually effects it.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #1888
SSCamaro1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Anybody going to cars & coffee tomorrow?
SSCamaro1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #1889
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Can't this week, might try for next week
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #1890
ec1990

I'll be there but I think you already know that haha.