Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 05-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #5671
amanc96

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroman52405 View Post
Does anyone have tinted or covers on their tail lights and had any issues with tickets or warnings?
I tinted my lenses and haven't had issues in Coralville,Iowa City or Cedar Rapids. I've been pulled over a couple times and they didn't bring it up.
amanc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #5672
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
I had one response to the ad for my car on Craigslist. It was a scammer. It's like they don't even try to be coy about it anymore. Dumbasses.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #5673
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenningJ View Post
I had one response to the ad for my car on Craigslist. It was a scammer. It's like they don't even try to be coy about it anymore. Dumbasses.
Saw your ad in our yard office today. Trying to get the word out it is a good price for what you are going to be getting.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #5674
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsane View Post
Woke up to about 3" of snow today here in central Iowa (Boone). Unreal!
I saw a CRT SS driving around Boone today with George White Chevy dealer plates. May have been RJT as I think it was a 2011-single dual exhaust
Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #5675
BenningJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
Saw your ad in our yard office today. Trying to get the word out it is a good price for what you are going to be getting.

Yeah, I had dad post it up there and on the UP classifieds. Thanks, I hope I can get it sold soon.

Which means it's still up for anyone on here.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
Old 05-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #5676
Steve_RS_Camaro
Ain't Scared Racing

Drives: 2015 Summit White Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Some pics from the past weekend.

Scott- Double C's aren't bad

I will delete later(for space cleanup and not to bore some- IASRC).

(that's in tenths for newbies- so 0.003 RT- not bad for 1 hr sleep in two days)
Great job, can't wait till I get home and can join all the fun.
Steve_RS_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #5677
krusher

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM
You know I thought so too, but talking to Ted from Jenetty he said no he wants the tube in there, I don't understand why. It is an open breather. I originally had it blanked off at the valve cover passenger side and plugged in the intake tube.

When I get my new valve covers I won't have a breather anyway. Looking at katech carbon fiber covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Welcome Goldknight to the forum and 5th Gen world.

Mike- no diff v6-v8. The record of most miles- V6 (Jason).

Scott- Thanks. Get napkin (for drooling) and see pics of older Gen.

Jason- as mentioned on FB, sorry about the damage. Also wish we had a pool we cool put your 76 away and keep it in the family.

Bob- Yes, its great to have the right tool for the job, IF you can find it when you need it.
Bob- the filter – one of the main reasons I bought my Impala, as being plagued from allergies- the best thing ever. It IS wise to change it, especially those that have their car sit outside and drive in the rain. These filters can get moldy which is especially bad in the winter pushing the spores thru with heat(er). Many other reasons to change it too.

Krusher- still loving the cleanup work. Your breather is redundant to your ai/manifold tube-but looks cool. I put mine on at shows. If your breather is the traditional one way valved (out to in)-I’d keep your tube also for sure. If it is two way, you could ditch the tube for a cleaner look (although some some maf metering loss). Hope to see the whole thing sometime.

Rick- thanks for the meet and review of the new ‘red air pump’. Was good to meet your son finally.

Ryan / Clint- way to go and take care of another one of us. Congrats on the ZL1 gain too.

Russ- good to hear from you- was hoping the beast wasn’t keeping you locked in the garage- looks great (FB).

Nsane- posting dirty pictures – shame shame- hope you didn’t put the shovel away already. I thought it was spring.

Take care and safe driving,
Tim

krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #5678
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Nice times Tim! Bring home one of those Buicks for me...lovely ladies that they are!

To anyone going to the ISLE Show today in Waterloo, good luck. I am still knee deep in my projects at my parent's house!

Krusher: Great looking engine cleanup! These things have valve covers? Who knew!

Goldknight: Welcome and I love your car!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #5679
Goldknight

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
Goldknight: Welcome and I love your car!
Thanks! I love it too!
Goldknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #5680
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroman52405 View Post
Does anyone have tinted or covers on their tail lights and had any issues with tickets or warnings?

I have had warnings on when I had for (my daughter) an 2005 Colbalt SS, and on my 2006 Mustang -but when the warnings were offered, I was getting $95 tickets for window tint.

I've since sold the Cobalt, and see it around town with the tinted tail lights still also the window tint is off.

Both these cars, and my 67 Camaro the tint is painted on, we added black with-in clear coat to do this. Premier Auto in NL did this for me.

Have not done this to my 2010 Camaro ....yet
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #5681
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
I have dyno appointment at Karl Perfromance next Monday 13th, @ 1:30 if anyone wanting to sneak out for something different.

Bringing 2 cars to rip! My self made war of a Camaro vs Mustang! Ha!

(I do know which will win )

Tim
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #5682
BenningJ

Well I polished my car up today for the first time this spring. She shines so nice. Ashen Grey Metallic is a deep shine color, I LOVES IT!!!! Unfortunately, that deep shine also shows every little dent (from Hail) that there is. I stopped in and got my car estimated. Now I want everyone to hold their jaws closed cause this one is a whopper........$4800! The good news it that it will be fixed by Thursday this week. This is the best picture I have that actually shows the dents.
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #5683
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Damn, that sucks jason. Is $4800 what you have to pay?

Ken, sorry I didn't make it. With the weather as terrible as it was, I figured it was going to rain on Sunday too so I never even cleaned the car up. Congrats on the hardware.

Krusher, that looks awesome. Really cleans it up with what you did.

Interesting weekend for me. Went to my dads place to put some rotors and brakes on my impala as it was vibrating when braking. Saved alot of money doing it myself. Was going to help my dad do some work on his old 86 ram charger when the thing caught on fire. It had been running rough like it was having some misfires. Appears that the fuel had spit out of the carbeurator and maybe hit a wire that sparked the fire. Thankfully we got it extinguished and out of the garage.

Rest of this month is busy with the wifes and little sisters graduation parties/ceremony and training here at work so I won't be doing any car shows until June hopefully.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #5684
BenningJ

No $4800 (minus my deductible) is what Progressive paid out. Looks like I am 0 for 2 on new cars and saving them from damage. I need to get my other car sold so I can finish my truck and make it my daily driver/work vehicle.