Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Drives: 2012 V6 2LT/RS IOM Camaro
Put my new splash guards on over the weekend

Pretty easy to install
Name:  DSCN1553.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  172.1 KB

Name:  DSCN1554.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  146.1 KB

Name:  DSCN1555.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  143.8 KB

Name:  DSCN1556.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  176.4 KB
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Patrol.in.a.Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Nice. This is the best investment I did on My car so far. everyone should have them....
Old 09-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
julio820

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
where did you get them and how much?
julio820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
OhioGuy89

Drives: 2012 LS
What do you have to do to install them? Screws, slide them on, etc.
OhioGuy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
I did clear bra on mine. Splash guards just take away some of the toughness of the car to me.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julio820 View Post
where did you get them and how much?
http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1917

Price is listed on the site, but I believe I got like, ten percent off with the promo code "camaro5" Best investment you could make for a DD like my Camaro is
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Old 09-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
Sirwestofash

Drives: afeafeafeafaefae
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=92229704

is this site cheaper?
Old 09-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #8
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwestofash View Post
It seems that it may be about 20 bucks cheaper. For whatever reason, the S&H on that site though, it can be ridiculous sometimes.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy89 View Post
What do you have to do to install them? Screws, slide them on, etc.
Installation was pretty simple for the most part. You use the two existing screws, the two front ones also have a snap on the top of them that hold them into place and they come with a strip of 3M tape on the inside of time to secure them to the car. The only screw that requires a drilled hole towards the bottom of the splash guard, imo, is quite optional.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Looks nice!

I purchased mine from GMPartsDirect.com. I had a minor bump with my order, in that they sent the wrong color the first time, but got it resolved fairly quickly.
Attached Images

rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
Looks nice!

I purchased mine from GMPartsDirect.com. I had a minor bump with my order, in that they sent the wrong color the first time, but got it resolved fairly quickly.
Very nice!! The rear guards were a b**** to install because of the rear wheel getting in the way. It would have been a lot easier to take off those wheels, but I didnt feel like doing that. I just had to be very patient while screwing those nuts in and out.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #12
FijiKid

Drives: Cyber Grey Camaro SS
Looks pretty cool.
I would have to agree though, does change the overall look of the car...
Hmmmm???
Borla "S"type Cat Back / Hotchkis TVA2 Suspension Kit / Rotofab Intake / Tinted Windows / Headlight Armor Tailight Smoke / P13 DRLs w Harness / De-badged / Satin Black Power Coated Stock Wheels / Gloss Black Calipers / EPCO Custom Knob.

FijiKid is offline   Reply With Quote