Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #15
Archontruth

Drives: 2012 1LT Coupe
My dad's really excited about it, he had to give up his sports car for something more family-friendly a while ago. My colleagues keep asking when it's going to arrive (I'd like to know myself. How long does it take to drive a truck from Maryland to Virginia?)

Delivered 10/7/2011
Archontruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #16
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
everyone loves it except for my cousin's wife. first thing she said was "eeww its green"

i never made fun of you box on wheels or clown car the scion
Old 09-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
joeysSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
People love my car. I'm not used to people approaching me to see it or talk to me about it. I'm always afraid I'm going to gt car jacked. Paranoid!

joeysSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #18
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Family and friends love it, but people at school hate hard!!

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #19
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
My Dad is the one who talked me into buying it. Whole family loves it.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #20
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
comment from our insurance agent was ABOUT DAMN TIME YOU GOT ONE lol.
my in laws (yea so???)
most of the other people I know said the same thing the insurance agent said lol.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #21
kcsr6

Drives: 2011 Black LS3 2SS/RS
My mom was happy (she had an 83 Z-28), dad would be happy (he had a 69 SS 396) my uncle who bought his 2LT RS 1 month before me called me a show off since I got a 2SS RS, and most importantly my girlfriend acted pissed but deep down I know she loves it!!!
2011 2SS/RS, Torch Red Bow Ties, 5% Tint, Oracle Side Markers, Forgestar F14's, Pfadt lowering springs, Vararam Intake, VMax Throttle Body, Custom Grind Comp Cam 224/236 114, SLP Under Drive Pulley, Granatelli Wires, Kooks 1 7/8 LTH, Off-road pipes, 3" exhaust, Mike Norris Motorsports Tune 471 RWHP 449 RWTQ! Search for kcsr6 on YouTube for sound clips.

kcsr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #22
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Drives: 2012 V6 2LT/RS IOM Camaro
All the family lives back in Ohio and Tenn, but they see the pictures and they say that it's really cool and that they like it. But mostly I get alot of awesome feedback from they guys at work. They absolutely love the car!
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Patrol.in.a.Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #23
Cpanthers85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Everyone loves it. My Dad talked me into buying it (not that I had much convincing) He went with me to pick it up, and asked if he could drive it back to his house...HA!

All my buddies love it. Always asking if I can drive. It gets tons of attention at gas stations or the car wash.

Best Story so far... I posted pics on facebook of it and an old fling hit me up about a week later asking if I wanted to "catch up". So I pick her up, and her three roommates come out to see it. They are all loving it, asking if its fast. blah blah blah. After about two dates she bluntly asks me "so how much did that car set you back? You own a house... three cars...you have to be making $50k+/year"... me- "Check please"

Gold Digger.

Mods: Kooks Long Tube Headers, RotoFaB EForce CAI, American Thunder Catback Exhaust, PFADT Stage 1 Drag Kit + Front Sway Bar, GM Strut Tower Bar. ZL1 Fuel Pump. Nitto NT05R. RX Catch Can.LS9 Cam and Springs.LS3 Conversion.JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade.Edelbrock Eforce.60# Eforce Injectors.Extreme Racing Tune. 523/495

MY BUILD THREAD
Cpanthers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #24
M_Knife_Shamylan
Book Learner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT, 1999 Tahoe 2Dr.
My mom absolutely loves it, she just doesn't like that it's a stick

I took my grandmother for a ride (who's 71) and she loved it, but said she would never want to try and drive it. She couldn't understand how the blindspots weren't a problem for me and said it was like riding in a spaceship (ambient lighting at night).

Little cousin who's 9 can hardly articulate how much he loves it. Whenever the entire family goes somewhere he has to ride with me.

My dad likes it even though he would never admit it (Ford man)

Friends all love/envy it

The funniest thig I have had happen was when I was in the McDonalds drive through getting a Coke. Instead of saying "have a good day" he accidentally said "Have a good job." Freudian slip!
M_Knife_Shamylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #25
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Dad - as the owner of a '69 RS/SS, he did a lot of reminiscing back to the days of his Camaro. He was happy that I bought a car I really wanted and would have fun with. He also got nervous when I got on the gas for the first time--I'm not sure he's ever driven or been a passenger in a 426hp car.

Mom - Thinks it's pretty.

Sister - Jealous about the fact that I decided to enjoy my 20's without kids, and can go out and buy fast cars on a whim and still have money leftover for fun. She doesn't give a rat's ass about cars except that I'm younger than her and I've always had newer, faster, less "kid-friendly" cars

Friends - "Congrats on your 6th Camaro. Are you going to keep this one more than a year?" -haha. Most of my buddies aren't car people, but they think it's a cool car. They now understand why, unlike them, I'm not content to drive a FWD Hyundai or Toyota commuter vehicle.

Significant Other - "I love you" (god help us when that American heap of shit goes out of warranty). He's a German car fan, and I had to remind him when his 2010 Audi S4 left me stranded on the side of the road because it busted a water pump and had to be towed on a flatbed to the dealer. He's done some road trips in it with me, and he won't admit it, but he LOVES that LS3. The sound is just so visceral, and deeper/louder/more robust than anything he's ever had the experience of driving.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #26
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
I have to share my story... My mother is a very frugal woman and never seemed to be happy with any purchase I had ever made. "why didn't you wait until those Jeans were on sale?" "I don't like your house, it was way to expensive for it's size." "Why did you buy a new car (when I spent $6,000 on a 92 Eagle Talon ES)? Your old truck worked just fine."

I could go on for pages with examples of her disapointment in me for spending a dollar. It was rather frustrating at times, but over the years, I just learned to take it with a grain of salt. Back in 07, I bought a brand new Solstice GXP (my first Vert) and I loved it. I got the usual lectures from my mother and father on how it was rediculous to spend my money on something that worthless. I dealt with it and quickly fell in love with that car. I started a new tradition with my mother andwe began taking annual road trips in the Solstice... Every year, she complained about the complete lack of trunk space (4.0 cubic feet top up, 2.0 top down). But every year she made sure we went somewhere scenic.

This past spring, in a moment of weakness, I decided to try to become a responsible adult. I traded in my Solstice on a brand spanking new Honda CR-Z hybrid. I brought my mother with to pick it up because I thought for once, I would impress her with how frugal I could be. She sat there quitely as I completed all the paperwork. The dealer was nice enough to park it in the lot right next to the Solstice... I know they did it on purpose and I'm sure they are still laughing about it today. As my stoic mother and I drove away from the lot, I began getting used to driving a boring, vanilla ice cream, type of car. I have to admit, I was having a hard time holding it all together... I already missed the Solstice.

After about 15 minutes of silence, my mother quietly uttered, "I liked the other car better..."

So did I.

We didn't take a road trip this past summer. I couldn't blame her for not bringing it up...

After 6 grueling months of driving a boring Honda, I couldn't withstand the urge to buy the Camaro Vert. I had been researching them since they were anounced and I was constantly trying to talk myself out of buying one... "I don't make enough money..." "it isn't a responsible buy for me..." "I'm just going to end up pouring all of my money into it..." I always had plenty of reasons to not go get one. But I had one good reason to go get one. I wasn't happy. I had never realized how just having a convertible in the garage made me smile. Even when I would walk past it and climb into my old beat up pickup truck.

So I decided I was going to take the leap. I found the car I wanted online and I followed it in transit until it landed at the dealership. I called up my salesman and said, "you have my car. I'm coming to test drive it. If you are quiet, and it doesn't break down on the test drive, I'm buying it. I'll be there in an hour." I called my Dad and told him to meet me at the dealership as it was just a couple miles from his house. He came with on the test drive. He sat with me as I negotiated the trade in for the hybrid ($1,000 less than what I paid for it!). He almost had a heart attack when he heard how much my payments were going to be.

As I got into it in the dealership lot for the first time as the owner. I realized then, I made the right decision. Dad was a bit concerned, but he could at least appreciate the wonderful piece of machinery that Chevy had put together in this package. he called my mom from his cell phone, and I heard him say, "well, he got rid of the Honda... We'll swing by the house with it."

As I pulled up in front of their house, I saw my mother glance out the front window. She quickly disappeared from view. A few minutes passed and she didn't come outside. I began thinking, "wow, she must be very upset if she won't even come outside to look at it." Even my father noted that she hadn't come out yet and he mumbled, "I wonder what her problem is?"

Mom then came outside with here camera in hand. And she began taking pictures. I asked if she wanted to go for a ride. "Only if you put the top down." she replied. We went for a short trip, just a few miles. My stoic mother, had a smile on her face the entire time. When we got back to the house she asked what I paid for it. I clenched my teeth as I told her...

"That's not too bad for this beautiful car." she stated with a smile on her face... Then she asked, "Where are we going next summer?"
SnowVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #27
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
My friends love it, my kids adore it, my mom thinks its not a "mom car", my dad thinks its great, and my bro is completely jealous cuz he has a '69 z28 and wanted a 5th gen but decided to get married to a maneater instead.

And most think Im insane to upgrade to a v8 cuz my current car is beautiful...yea yea the SS will b much better
Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #28
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh View Post
Family and friends love it, but people at school hate hard!!
Really? Damn dude all of my classmates love it lol
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote