Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 09-09-2016, 03:34 PM   #99
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Given that this comparison was done 2 years apart, with different drivers in different weather conditions...I'd say it's irrelevant.

When compared on the same day, same track, same driver, the GT350R was faster.

So, no...no egg on anyones face.
This really goes for all of the testing. It's cool to look at, but useless to make a determination. Some of these times could be seconds off of others.

I would love a back to back testing with the same tires on the same day. Anyone looking to track their vehicle is going to put on the best tire allowed by class. Tires my an enormous difference. I don't care about bragging rights, I would just like some data that actually tells me something.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #100
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
This really goes for all of the testing. It's cool to look at, but useless to make a determination. Some of these times could be seconds off of others.

I would love a back to back testing with the same tires on the same day. Anyone looking to track their vehicle is going to put on the best tire allowed by class. Tires my an enormous difference. I don't care about bragging rights, I would just like some data that actually tells me something.
What really funny about the Fords guys pulling this card, is the gtpp vs 5th gen 1le. The H2H with same driver and day beat it by 1.5 sec. Yet on another track the GT beats the 1le by .02 sec on different day and driver, yet they kept gloating it beat it. Oh how things change.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:55 PM   #101
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I don't understand why people keep bringing up the ZL1 vs the GT350R. The ZL1 better smoke it and I don't see why its such an accomplishment if it does It has 120+ more HP, plus all the go fast goodies the 1LE has. I think or at least in my mind once they said it was gonna have the LT4, that it was going to be faster than the 350R.

Because they're similar in price and the fastest each company has to offer. Makes sense to me.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:58 PM   #102
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
What really funny about the Fords guys pulling this card, is the gtpp vs 5th gen 1le. The H2H with same driver and day beat it by 1.5 sec. Yet on another track the GT beats the 1le by .02 sec on different day and driver, yet they kept gloating it beat it. Oh how things change.
I am not one of those people.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #103
BryceClark89

Drives: 01 Alero GLSV6/ 07 ZX-14/ 06GTO
I JUST WANT SAY I WAS RIGHT...V61LE IS QUICKER THAN A 2015 MUSTANG GT HA! SUCK IT FORD
Owned lifted 88 dakota two door short bed V6 4x4, Yellow/black LB9 powered 85 IrocZ28 MODS Edlebrock intake, throttle body spacers and mass air flow sensor, Edlebrock full exhaust, K&N drop in's, B&M 700r4 shift kit. 2001.olds alero GLSV6, BIKE~ 2007 Lazer Metallic Blue ZX-14
BryceClark89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:30 PM   #104
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceClark89 View Post
I JUST WANT SAY I WAS RIGHT...V61LE IS QUICKER THAN A 2015 MUSTANG GT HA! SUCK IT FORD
On a different day, different year, different weather.

If Ford folks can't fairly compare the run where the GTPP was .10 faster than the 1LE, then Chevy folks can't compare a V6 1LE to a GTPP.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:35 PM   #105
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:

If Ford folks can't fairly compare the run where the GTPP was .10 faster than the 1LE, then Chevy folks can't compare a V6 1LE to a GTPP.
This is totally agreeable.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #106
KMK454

Drives: 91 B4C Camaro
Quote:

It really doesn't matter, though - the fact that a V6 Camaro is now legitimately within the performance window of the Mustang V8 GTPP is a loss for Ford, even if the Mustang comes out on top during a same day comparison.
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:07 PM   #107
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
It really doesn't matter, though - the fact that a V6 Camaro is now legitimately within the performance window of the Mustang V8 GTPP is a loss for Ford, even if the Mustang comes out on top during a same day comparison.
This really isn't the first time though..

The 2010 V6 was "within the performance window" of the 2010 Mustang GT with the old 4.6 3V..in the real world, with average drivers, it wasn't that close.

I'm not knocking the V6 1LE, it's a great bargain and really sets the bar for non-V6 performance packages. However, that being said, I also can see where someone will get a V6 1LE, get cleaned up by a GTPP, and then be completely confused because "the LL said the LT 1LE was faster!?"
Old 09-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #108
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
This really isn't the first time though..

The 2010 V6 was "within the performance window" of the 2010 Mustang GT with the old 4.6 3V..in the real world, with average drivers, it wasn't that close.

I'm not knocking the V6 1LE, it's a great bargain and really sets the bar for non-V6 performance packages. However, that being said, I also can see where someone will get a V6 1LE, get cleaned up by a GTPP, and then be completely confused because "the LL said the LT 1LE was faster!?"
Exactly. A 100hp deficit is difficult to overcome. The V6 sounds like it will do a pretty good job, but it can only get it so far.

I think people are underestimating what a good set of tires really does for a vehicle.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #109
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
One of the incredible things is that the 1LE is so Feared and Iconic that it is considered it's own model. And it is just a suspension option code.
1LE drives Ford guys bonkers, they have nothing like it. Their base V8 gets smoked by a Camaro base V8 ....and with a suspension package it embarrasses Ford and their Up Class GT350.
1LE, can't beat it for performance or price.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:39 PM   #110
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
One of the incredible things is that the 1LE is so Feared and Iconic that it is considered it's own model. And it is just a suspension option code.
1LE drives Ford guys bonkers, they have nothing like it. Their base V8 gets smoked by a Camaro base V8 ....and with a suspension package it embarrasses Ford and their Up Class GT350.
1LE, can't beat it for performance or price.
It needs to be it's own trim now, because it goes totally beyond just a suspension option. It's now a total performance package (brakes, wheels, rubber, suspension, seats, differential) etc...

Given the changes to the interior it brings with it..it should be it's own trim level.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:46 PM   #111
BryceClark89

Drives: 01 Alero GLSV6/ 07 ZX-14/ 06GTO
Regardless of the year difference and driver. A GTPP is posted a lap 1.2 seconds slower than V61LE camaro the end. Proof enough to me that if it can do it once it can do it again. That being said strait line performance is a totally different story of course. Interesting that the GT350R was 3.0 seconds quicker than the V81LE at VIR but around 1.4seconds est quicker at Laguna Seca. also note that the GT350R & V81LE are quicker than last gen Z/28 at Laguna seca....all the while neither the GT350R nor V81LE beat the Z/28s VIR LAP
Owned lifted 88 dakota two door short bed V6 4x4, Yellow/black LB9 powered 85 IrocZ28 MODS Edlebrock intake, throttle body spacers and mass air flow sensor, Edlebrock full exhaust, K&N drop in's, B&M 700r4 shift kit. 2001.olds alero GLSV6, BIKE~ 2007 Lazer Metallic Blue ZX-14

Last edited by BryceClark89; 09-09-2016 at 05:56 PM.
BryceClark89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:49 PM   #112
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceClark89 View Post
Regardless of the year difference and driver. A GTPP is posted a lap 1.2 seconds slower than V61LE camaro the end. Proof enough to me that if it can do it once it can do it again. That being said strait line performance is a totally different story of course. Interesting that the GT350R was 3.0 seconds quicker than the V81LE at VIR but around 1.4seconds est quicker at Laguna Seca. also note that the GT350R & V81LE are quicker than last gen Z/28 but in contrast both slower in this years test than last years Z/28 at VIR
VIR is a longer track with more long straights, MRLS is a fairly tight track with only 2 real straights, and even then the big one is uphill with a bend in the middle.