Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
Elvira
JT

Drives: 2011 2SS Camaro
Front License Plate?

Hey:
Has anyone had any luck getting an Washington State Exemption for the front license plate?
Elvira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
Hey:
Has anyone had any luck getting an Washington State Exemption for the front license plate?
Go here and check this out. We have front plates in VA too and this is the solution ur looking for. works great!

http://www.amazon.com/Show-Go-Licens.../dp/B001TLLZ4E
Old 11-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
I don't live in WA but the same rules apply in NY. I'll take the ticket

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
KEEP RT
Wonderfully Awful Idea

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I'd probably would have risked not running a front plate but the "box" was already on it when I got it. "Dealer transfer"
Old 11-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #5
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I copied this a while back because my dealer told me they had not drilled holes for the plate bracket so my car came from the factory without the necessary equipment to run a front plate. I, of course, would not want to drill holes in my car. Since it is a collectible investment, and all. I drive quite sanely though, and try not to give law enforcement any more reason to look at me than "what a nice car".

RCW 46.16.240
Attachment of plates to vehicles -- Violations enumerated.
The vehicle license number plates shall be attached conspicuously at the front and rear of each vehicle for which the same are issued and in such a manner that they can be plainly seen and read at all times: PROVIDED, That if only one license number plate is legally issued for any vehicle such plate shall be conspicuously attached to the rear of such vehicle. Each vehicle license number plate shall be placed or hung in a horizontal position at a distance of not less than one foot nor more than four feet from the ground and shall be kept clean so as to be plainly seen and read at all times: PROVIDED, HOWEVER, That in cases where the body construction of the vehicle is such that compliance with this section is impossible, permission to deviate therefrom may be granted by the state patrol. It shall be unlawful to display upon the front or rear of any vehicle, vehicle license number plate or plates other than those furnished by the director for such vehicle or to display upon any vehicle any vehicle license number plate or plates which have been in any manner changed, altered, disfigured or have become illegible. License plate frames may be used on vehicle license number plates only if the frames do not obscure license tabs or identifying letters or numbers on the plates and the plates can be plainly seen and read at all times. It is unlawful to use any holders, frames, or any materials that in any manner change, alter, or make the vehicle license number plates illegible. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate any vehicle unless there shall be displayed thereon valid vehicle license number plates attached as herein provided.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Iowa has the lowsy front plate rule too.

However, I refuse to bow down before the power-that-be and drill hols in my bumper or even put one on the front with after-market ones that require no drilling.

It's not a moving violation so it doesn't count against your lisence.

Wasn't bothered before I put her away for the winter and I doubt I'll be bothered in the spring.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
Soloshawn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
My front Washington State plate and holder will never be attached. My next door neighbor has an Infiniti sportscar and he doesn't have a front plate either. He just has it in his car and if he gets pulled over, and has, he just puts the plate on his dashboard before the cop gets to him, And the cops didn't have any problem with it. I will not sully my car with a front plate.
Soloshawn is offline   Reply With Quote