Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #15
Kaylakms

Drives: 2016 LGX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machh5 View Post
I'll check it out, thanks!
Kaylakms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:12 PM   #16
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylakms View Post
I'll check it out, thanks!
Apparently this swap was never finished or it didn't work because no final report was ever posted on that forum .....

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:55 AM   #17
Kaylakms

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Apparently this swap was never finished or it didn't work because no final report was ever posted on that forum .....
Word is in on what happend, spun rod bearing
Old 10-13-2020, 07:51 PM   #18
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
What could spin a rod bearing? Low oil? Over rev? Both?
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:37 PM   #19
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD555 View Post
If its under warranty why are they giving you a reman? I had My engine go bad on my Chevy truck under warranty and I got a new one.
There's not really such a thing as buying a "new" engine from the dealer, it will be reman 99% of the time because certain parts don't usually wear out. The service advisors typically hide this fact but if you call parts they will make sure to make it abundantly clear that it is remanufactured
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:38 AM   #20
Machh5
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
What could spin a rod bearing? Low oil? Over rev? Both?
Low oil, detonation in the cylinder(puts insane pressure on the bearing) and plain old worn out from untimely oil-filter changes. I run 7qts in mine for the past 90k miles, for 2 reasons. I'm never low and the chains are lubed by splash. My car uses about 1/2qt per 2k miles but sometimes its much more depending how its driven. Now I'm getting random misfires on cylinder no1, not enough to turn the mil on yet but I'm guessing that cylinder is using some oil. Enough to cause misfires when cold. When I changed the plugs that cylinders spark plug looked darker that the rest. Always run your oil full or higher. 1/2 to 1 qt over won't hurt a thing, I also noticed the oil temp runs much lower running 7qts.
Machh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:41 AM   #21
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
I run a half quart over for the same reasons.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:19 AM   #22
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Low oil, detonation in the cylinder(puts insane pressure on the bearing) and plain old worn out from untimely oil-filter changes. I run 7qts in mine for the past 90k miles, for 2 reasons. I'm never low and the chains are lubed by splash. My car uses about 1/2qt per 2k miles but sometimes its much more depending how its driven. Now I'm getting random misfires on cylinder no1, not enough to turn the mil on yet but I'm guessing that cylinder is using some oil. Enough to cause misfires when cold. When I changed the plugs that cylinders spark plug looked darker that the rest. Always run your oil full or higher. 1/2 to 1 qt over won't hurt a thing, I also noticed the oil temp runs much lower running 7qts.
Thanks. Sounds like very good advice for V6 owners.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:55 PM   #23
Kaylakms

Quote:

Thank you! Very helpful, especially for LLT model camaros

To clarify: what was replaced was all the bearings and #3 connecting rod and crankshaft