Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #1
birminghamss
2015 Commemorative SS/2SS

Drives: 2015 SS Commemorative Edition
vitesse throttle controller ordered

just a heads up i ordered on Friday. Never received anything saying ordered or anything besides the money out of my account. So i called them and got them on the phone and was told even though the website says in stock they are not!!! they said they were waiting on some part and should be shipping again. so i am guessing my time to wait just was extended.....
2015 SS/2SS Commemorative edition (stripe deleted). United States Camaro Club, BMR split drop, Copper colored wheels, RotoFab intake, GM strut bar, blacked out side markers, painted engine pieces, tint, tredwear letters (tire), more to come...
birminghamss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
AF1Strider

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Should have bought mine.
AF1Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:47 PM   #3
birminghamss

Should have!! Wish I would have seen it first

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1Strider View Post
Should have bought mine.
2015 SS/2SS Commemorative edition (stripe deleted). United States Camaro Club, BMR split drop, Copper colored wheels, RotoFab intake, GM strut bar, blacked out side markers, painted engine pieces, tint, tredwear letters (tire), more to come...
Old 06-09-2015, 08:44 AM   #4
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
You going to the Power Tour tomorrow?
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #5
birminghamss

Where is it. I am out of the loop on this. I am actually off tomorrow so any info would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Old 06-09-2015, 10:52 AM   #6
birminghamss

I just looked it up. I will for sure be going. Gotta get home tonight and clean her up some. Y'all meeting anywhere before or anything. I live out on 280.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Old 06-10-2015, 07:06 AM   #7
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Ill be at the Hoover Met all day.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:51 AM   #8
H.Adams

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS - Victory Red
Throttle pedal Low Voltage

Mine got me an afternoon headache last weekend... i was playing around the city...and the car enter in that power reduction mode...and then i plug the sct and it was two erros about low voltage to de pedal...so i unplug the Vitesse...and the car was fine... The Vitesse last only a few months in my car...almost never used... if you guys want quick response to your cars...change to the 3.91 gear kit and call Ted from Jannety Racing... then you guys will see what is really response...
H.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:06 PM   #9
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Adams View Post
Mine got me an afternoon headache last weekend... i was playing around the city...and the car enter in that power reduction mode...and then i plug the sct and it was two erros about low voltage to de pedal...so i unplug the Vitesse...and the car was fine... The Vitesse last only a few months in my car...almost never used... if you guys want quick response to your cars...change to the 3.91 gear kit and call Ted from Jannety Racing... then you guys will see what is really response...
Yeah, maybe, but some folks aren't really wanting to crack into things like differentials or messing with the ECU...just yet anyways.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #10
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Adams View Post
All you had to do was clear the code from the ECU, unplug the Vitesse throttle controller for a couple hours, re-install it, and then re-calibrate it. That would have solved the problem. Happened to me a few weeks ago and I figured it out myself. Sometimes, you have to just take the time to think it through. Since I did that I have had no problems.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #11
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
All you had to do was clear the code from the ECU, unplug the Vitesse throttle controller for a couple hours, re-install it, and then re-calibrate it. That would have solved the problem. Happened to me a few weeks ago and I figured it out myself. Sometimes, you have to just take the time to think it through. Since I did that I have had no problems.
Was having the same issue on mine. Would get on the gas hard at sp5 and then a couple minutes later have reduced engine power. After having it happen a few times and getting tired of unplugging my battery, I re calibrated it and haven't gotten the cel since.
jeff657756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #12
trans665

Drives: 2013 2ss
not one problem with mine??
Old 06-20-2015, 10:29 PM   #13
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Interesting thread. Had mine on for a couple weeks and loved it. Then regular reduced power mode CEL's, I took it off. Sitting on a shelf. Think I will put it back on and recal it to see if that fixes it.
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 12:40 AM   #14
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall421 View Post
Interesting thread. Had mine on for a couple weeks and loved it. Then regular reduced power mode CEL's, I took it off. Sitting on a shelf. Think I will put it back on and recal it to see if that fixes it.
I took mine off to get an oil change, (certified warranty paranoia). When i went to reinstall, I skipped a step in calibration. Got an immediate reduced power message and code. I simply recalibrated and it's been trouble free since.

I have to wonder what it is that some folks find theirs suddenly doing this.

I will say, that when I installed mine, I double checked all connections to make sure that they were locked in place. I made sure that all wiring was not going to interfere nor be interfered with by foot movement. I was careful to select a spot for the unit that would not be affected by any climate control. The vent housing is a very tempting place, but i was concerned that HVAC temps could affect the unit. I put it on the shelf under the dash near the hood release.

Other than the unit itself being faulty, or battery failure, these are the only things that I can really think of that would cause it to lose calibration. Of course an issue with the TB or it's harness would cause trouble as well.

*note, I used this quote only as an example to expand on some thoughts, not directed at you specifically.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote