Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Old 01-17-2019, 07:27 AM   #1
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
FS: 3 of 4 Z28 OEM fender flares OEM painted (TWO sets of 3)

Bought these after all the leftover parts from the early 15 Z28 build out...I was looking hard at a red Z28 before I ended with a red 17 SS 1LE. Forgot about these until I went through my shop (HVAC controlled, so, they haven't been sitting out in the elements) after I sold my Pontiacs recently and was getting my parts stash for them ready to sell.

I had two sets of 3: LF, RF, LR. BOTH SOLD

They are OEM all the way.[/B] At the dealer, they are Paint to Match only, and the three retail for double what I am asking. The OEM get all kinds of trim parts in painted that are only Paint to Match through Service Parts.

SOLD
...insured shipped in the lower 48, no P.O. box, PayPal address must match shipping. Will knock $50 off if you want to do cash and local pickup in the Dallas, TX area.

Part numbers on the backside are less finish / subassembly, so, they are not going to match what you order at the dealer. Same with the final assembly part numbers on the receipt pictured - those are painted ones you can't order. They have the double sided tape on the back.

ruqwikr@yahoo.com or PM me.
Attached Images

Last edited by RUQWIKR; 01-19-2019 at 12:19 PM.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:22 AM   #2
2013blackgt

Drives: Sedan
Did you get these from source one for $89 a piece shipped?
Old 01-17-2019, 08:39 AM   #3
RUQWIKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013blackgt View Post
Did you get these from source one for $89 a piece shipped?

If they were given free to me, it doesn't really matter...

There's a guy from near Houston that bought a crap ton of different colors and has been selling them for $249 per flare. I'm sure he bought them for less than that of course. I've got all kinds of stuff I'm selling from my collection of stuff that I was I had loads more of now...

...and some that I wish I never had bought any of...

Last edited by RUQWIKR; 01-19-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #4
serviceguy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 # 89, 69 Camaro, 2013 ZL1
Interested, but a little confused. Weren't OEM flares paint to match ? Are these OEM
and just painted already - or - aftermarket replacements ?
serviceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:11 PM   #5
RUQWIKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by serviceguy View Post
Interested, but a little confused. Weren't OEM flares paint to match ? Are these OEM
and just painted already - or - aftermarket replacements ?
When GM or other OEM's order trim pieces, most come in painted like mirrors, fascias, these flares, fuel doors. However, most of those same things are the PTM (Paint to Match) when ordered from Service Parts. Some small, easy to package items may still come in painted to Service.

These were leftover parts that went to the Camaro plant painted by the OEM supplier - none of the flares were painted by the Camaro plant during the Z28 production run.

Just talking about painted parts, as an example, Bowling Green with the Vette is the only plant to paint its fascias, and they even paint some of the trim pieces that the other plants come in painted. Nevertheless, you can't order a painted fascia for a Vette or any other. Yet, on occasion, at the end of model run or with a plant closure, they sell off all kinds of parts to resellers. These include parts you typically can't order like a "loaded" front strut. Most of the time, you want a strut and a spring, you have to order them separate. Yet, the overage parts sold off often include fully assemble strut / spring combos.

Look at what Gen5DYI has bought - he bought a truck load of the leftover mounted and balanced Z28 wheel / tire combo with sensors, balance weights, etc. He bought transmissions, too, and maybe other stuff, then turned around and resold them. Guarantee, and good for him, he made a profit.

Same thing happened with the painted fender flares, etc. Wish I had access to them the first time or the Z28 wheel / tire combos, etc. I'll be glad to get in on that resell game on a larger scale than six fender flares I had intended for my own toys. Would have been eight if the one missing one was available when I was buying...

(See you're in Flint - lived just south from there for over a decade... Lots of time drag racing at Ubly, Lapeer, Mid-Michigan, Grand Bend, Norwalk, Milan, Detroit Dragway, etc. - was there the last day)

Last edited by RUQWIKR; 01-17-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:55 AM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I wish I had the capital at the time to buy all the CCB to.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:12 AM   #7
RUQWIKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
I wish I had the capital at the time to buy all the CCB to.
Looks like ZZP bought the rotors and Source1 bought the calipers...
Old 01-18-2019, 08:23 AM   #8
ronchev

Drives: 14' Red Z/28 #336
I just paid $250 for a Right Rear to finish off my spare set and this was still cheaper than dealer parts plus paint
ronchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #9
RUQWIKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronchev View Post
I just paid $250 for a Right Rear to finish off my spare set and this was still cheaper than dealer parts plus paint
I think Dealer is around $250 as mentioned unpainted!

One set is sold and the other is close to if someone is on the fence, don't hesitate.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:10 PM   #10
serviceguy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 # 89, 69 Camaro, 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
I think Dealer is around $250 as mentioned unpainted!

One set is sold and the other is close to if someone is on the fence, don't hesitate.

PM Sent to purchase

All great race tracks ! being raised in the "Motor City" has been a blessing for car guy !
serviceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:06 PM   #11
RUQWIKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by serviceguy View Post
PM Sent to purchase

All great race tracks ! being raised in the "Motor City" has been a blessing for car guy !
Other set is pretty much sold. Money received and refunded for the time being to get shipping address to match PayPal address.

[As per the listing, the shipping address must match the PayPal address on file.]

Last edited by RUQWIKR; 01-18-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:21 PM   #12
RUQWIKR

All worked out - thanks. Both sets / groups are SOLD!