Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
People just suck

Well, if most of you don't know by this point, I am 2SSARME. I have a fully loaded blacked out 2010 SS/RS with the 21" black painted rims and everything. I have put no engine mods into it, but have done some cosmetics.

Up to date I have wracked up $1,800 worth of damage (according to the estimator at my dealer) by other peoples envy.

To this date I have the following on my car:
The driver side door is keyed to hell. Someone wrote a W then a few other lines around it.
Right after my passenger side door, next to the trunk, someone decided to key it to. It's not as bad, but it's a nasty slanted line about an inch from up to down.
Someone scraped my car and left a little pink/red vertical line on my back bumper about 6 inches from up to down (given this isn't very visible)
And recently the worst happened. I woke up for PT at 530am and went to PT. When I arrived I noticed my car had various red marks. On further inspection someone had scraped my front bumper, and my back side before my rim AND my rim!!! In total I had red paint on my front bumper (not that much) A LOT of red paint right after my drivers door, and a HUGE red spot on my BLACK rims.

What the hell is wrong with people. I have not found out who ANY of these turds are. I've tried various techniques to try to persuade people to NOT mess with my car: leaving my cover in hoping people will see I'm military and avoid messing with it. I leave my ruck, my equipment, I have tried everything, but people STILL mess with my car and deface it. It's gotten very very bad. I know I am not the only one this has happened to, but it seems that this KEEPS happening and keeps GETTING worse.....

For a time line on what has happened: First I had that little scrape on the back, then that inch size key, then the bad key then the huge red spots. It seems that every time someone does something to my car, it gets worse!

I have thought about getting insurance to pay for it, but I have a $1,000 deductible.

Well I'm done ranting. I've been holding it in for quite a while now and just had to let it out. But I have never seen such defacing of someones property in my life.... Not even to my Benz in Panama (a 3rd world country! where people routinely ding you!!!)

Anyway, that's my rant. If anyone has any input, negative of positive, please leave it!

Thanks.
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
People do suck. I went to the Movies, came out and someone had piled a neat pile of popcorn on my deck lid. No damage but i'm scared to drive it anywhere I can't monitor it.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
man that is awful.where do you park?
sounds like people are using your car like a black board.
really sorry to hear this.hope you get everything taken care of.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #4
CBR1000RR

Drives: CBR1000RR
wow that crazy man so many haters.

CBR 1000RR 2007
Nissan GT-R
Camaro Victory Red 2SS Soon
CBR1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #5
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
That SUCKS. luckily nothing yet (knock on wood) but I bought a brand new '05 350Z in 2005 and withing the first week someone egged it SO hard that it left fracture patterns in the clearcoat. in the next two weeks someone poured a milkshake on it. A month and a half after I got it someone poured a coke ALLLLLL over it in the hot ass midday sun. Withing the first 6 months someone hit the hood with something SO hard it left a golfball size dent it in.

Things calmed down from there, but in the last 8 months I owned it, the ENTIRE right side was keyed really REALLY bad, it had a couple dozen door dings that you could only make my forcefully opening your door into it. And the righthand mirror was clipped and had a bunch of green paint on it.

People do suck, I wholeheartedly agree, and I'm sorry they did it to you too. :(
Old 04-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
set up a video camera and catch them
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
TwoEcho
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-Imperial Blue
Careful leaving your equipment in it. I left my ruck and training chem gear in my old car when I first got stationed here at Charleston and someone bashed in my window to steal all my military stuff...

People do indeed suck...

TwoEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #8
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Well that sucks man..

There are two sides to every story.. Don't know you from the next guy, but maybe your a d-bag and someone is getting you back. Maybe you pissed someone off that you know and this is what they know will piss you off... Seems like from reading your post that it is someone you know doing all this.... Anyways it sucks either way and I feel bad for you... Good luck with it... Oh and they don't care your in the Military.... Most people don't anymore... I had to learn that myself...
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #9
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

I know it's not the same person though. It happens at random locations. Like one day I went to the movies, came out and a lexus had parked within 2 inchs of my passenger door. I couldn't even fit in between the cars to open it.... IN AN EMPTY LOT.

I usually park away from everyone, but never double park. I tend to park next to other nice cars/muscle cars (gt, g8, transams, firebirds, all those) hoping they'll have enough respect for it. But yeah, people usually take to messing with my car in random places.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #10
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
sucks homie hopefully things change for you and your car...
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #11
Sheitskees

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS
On base or off?
Sheitskees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #12
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Off.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:54 AM   #13
Days75

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS A6
Chris tell me it wasn't at the Chenal 9 imax...I'm supposed to go there tonight and watch Clash, only theater I trust. BTW did I see you at old chicago pizza last week?
Days75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #14
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Sucks brother... You may want to talk to Spymaster, a member here. he's got some cool car mounted cams that you may be able to leave on while you are gone... at least that way you can try and see who did it.

Probably not much help in light of seeing the car all beat to hell...

Sorry brother. hang in there.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote