Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-11-2016, 05:34 PM   #15
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
Or you can just go read the other thread us four been bickering on all day. Lol.
Will do. Only hoped this would be different because of the mods listed
Old 05-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #16
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticowarbird View Post
Will do. Only hoped this would be different because of the mods listed

Lol personally im going to tell you PD. Just no beating that sound to me personally. My preference is not for my car to sound like a pneumatic drill. So I don't care for turbo.

TVS systems all based off of eaton are GREAT for
immediate Tq. Which is a plus and downfall of the TVS. It creates the most immediate tq. Which can make
Launching tricky. And your setup is already ready for it. That being said, ECS would work great as well. And are a little
More efficient/budget friendly.

And partially aesthetic reasons.

I will let these gents explain the turbo side.
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:49 PM   #17
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Lol personally im going to tell you PD. Just no beating that sound to me personally. My preference is not for my car to sound like a pneumatic drill. So I don't care for turbo.

I will let these gents explain the turbo side.
Bro, I seriously lol'd at the bold part up there... no seriously... I laughed in a good way... it was funny...

but I'll take my pneumatic drill sound, though most cars won't hear it due to being so far behind....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #18
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Bro, I seriously lol'd at the bold part up there... no seriously... I laughed in a good way... it was funny...

but I'll take my pneumatic drill sound, though most cars won't hear it due to being so far behind....

I mean they sound mean. Just not my taste.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:52 PM   #19
failshift
Banned

Doesn't tickle my fancy

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
SLP supercharged 2013 SS/RS 1LE VR
Full front half protected by Xpel PPF
Instagram:@Failshift
565hp/560tq @8.6psi
1LE Owners Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/559684050767758/
Old 05-11-2016, 05:57 PM   #20
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Doesn't tickle my fancy

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
SLP supercharged 2013 SS/RS 1LE VR
Full front half protected by Xpel PPF
Instagram:@Failshift
565hp/560tq @8.6psi
1LE Owners Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/559684050767758/
That's the beauty of options... We all have them... All we can do is share personal experiences and information and let the owner make their own decision...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:07 PM   #21
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
You can't go wrong with either - PD or TT. They both suck, or blow, whichever way you want to say it.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:24 PM   #22
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:

Parts that I assume will factor into the decision:
Circle D 3200 stall Torque Converter,
ADM transmission cooler,
Vararam tune intake,
GPI modified LS3 intake manifold,
BoWhite PTB,
ARH long tube headers 3" x 1-7/8" catless with xpipe,
TSP VVT3 cam and ported heads,
SLP 160 Tstat,
NGK TR55 plugs,
ZL1 3.73 differential,
DSS 1-piece aluminum drive shaft,
and 1400HP rated DSS axles.

A complete list (these plus suspension) of mods can be found in my garage.
If those are your current mods, then personally, I would recommend the ECS kit. Hard to beat for the price and power potential.

Just before I went TT, I had invested in boltons that were catered to SC cars, I was dead set on supercharging, so CAI Headers and a few others. When I made my choice, based on my budget and goals, I decided to go the twin turbo option. So I sold all my SC specific parts here on C5. Didn't get all my money back, but I didn't take a beating either. I took the money I got from my parts and used it for my TT stuff.

Whats your budget, and power goals?
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:58 AM   #23
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
If those are your current mods, then personally, I would recommend the ECS kit. Hard to beat for the price and power potential.

Just before I went TT, I had invested in boltons that were catered to SC cars, I was dead set on supercharging, so CAI Headers and a few others. When I made my choice, based on my budget and goals, I decided to go the twin turbo option. So I sold all my SC specific parts here on C5. Didn't get all my money back, but I didn't take a beating either. I took the money I got from my parts and used it for my TT stuff.

Whats your budget, and power goals?
So far I'm going the ECS route, already talking to them about a kit and their recommendations and it turns out the first shop that worked on my car and did the tune is also one of their dealers so I know it'll be in good hands. I'm unsure of power goals at the moment as everytime I think I'm done I keep adding more and more to the list of parts, so I guess the answer is yes. As far as budget, I'm not trying to spend all of my money on my car, but I'm a single guy working overseas paying off bills/saving/spending on car. The ECS is in my price range and will upgrade fuel pump and injectors as well. Some of the stuff they have listed in their kit I already have
Old 05-12-2016, 04:28 AM   #24
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
So far I'm going the ECS route, already talking to them about a kit and their recommendations and it turns out the first shop that worked on my car and did the tune is also one of their dealers so I know it'll be in good hands. I'm unsure of power goals at the moment as everytime I think I'm done I keep adding more and more to the list of parts, so I guess the answer is yes. As far as budget, I'm not trying to spend all of my money on my car, but I'm a single guy working overseas paying off bills/saving/spending on car. The ECS is in my price range and will upgrade fuel pump and injectors as well. Some of the stuff they have listed in their kit I already have
ECS is a great option. For me, it was between AGP and ECS. Like I said, one fit my goals better than the other. Just wanted to let you know that even though you have a bunch of parts that will work great with the ECS kit, you can salvage some of the effort, and put it towards the turbo option.

Both have their merits. Without knowing what you want to spend, and how much power your going to end up wanting, I really can't say what my true "opinion" is for you. Sounds like you have it figured out though, enjoy!
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:07 AM   #25
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
All three are good options and you will be happy with any you pick. Pick your poison and have fun.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:14 PM   #26
Big-T

Drives: 2014 2SS
Quote:
I'm at the point where I think I want to go forced induction, but not sure which route to go. I've read some articles where long tube headers get along with superchargers and think that's the route I want to go but then I see a video of a twin turbo Camaro and think that's the route to go. So what's easier or what do you recommend to do with my setup?

ADM transmission cooler,
Vararam tune intake,
BoWhite PTB,
SLP 160 Tstat,
NGK TR55 plugs,
ZL1 3.73 differential,

The answer to this depends on your goals and budget. Most of the kits made for the Camaro are really great. My initial advice to everyone is to talk to your tuner and get his opinion on whats best for your goals... they'll give you a much more objective answer that people on the forum (who will 9/10 times recommend whatever they bought).

That said, I know it's fun to have the conversations anyway so here's my take:

The AGP TT kit is the most impressive thing I've see for overall potential, and they have good parts with lots of options out the gate.

If you're on a budget, the SLP TVS2300 seems to be the best bang for the buck IMO. It's also pretty straight forward to in stall, making it a good DIY for a novice.

If you want the best potential for a roots-style SC, I'd recommend the Whipple.. that's my tuner's blower of choice for the Camaro. If you have the 2014 or 2015 with the hood vent, it won't fit without a hood insert change though.. so that's something to keep in mind if you have a newer model.

I don't own one, but it seems to me that the best TVS2300 if you have money to burn is the Magnuson Heartbeat. They have the lowest IAT's I have seen reported for a root's-style SC, and fit under the stock 2014-15 hood and even the 1LE stability bar.

The ECS kit is the lowest cost option and it has some upsides, but IMO the fact that the Camaro is so heavy takes away from it's ability to be as impressive to drive as the root-style SC's. If you're looking for large power in the upper part of the band, they're defiantly going to give you that, though... so again it's all about what you really want out of it.
Big-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:43 AM   #27
allshotout

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro
Quote:
I'm at the point where I think I want to go forced induction, but not sure which route to go. I've read some articles where long tube headers get along with superchargers and think that's the route I want to go but then I see a video of a twin turbo Camaro and think that's the route to go. So what's easier or what do you recommend to do with my setup?

ADM transmission cooler,
Vararam tune intake,
BoWhite PTB,
SLP 160 Tstat,
NGK TR55 plugs,
ZL1 3.73 differential,

Think I would look strongly at the twin turbo kit if I did again.
allshotout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:43 AM   #28
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:

ADM transmission cooler,
Vararam tune intake,
BoWhite PTB,
SLP 160 Tstat,
NGK TR55 plugs,
ZL1 3.73 differential,

I will just throw this out here.
Vortech YSI, 600-1200 hp capable with pulley options
Comes standard with a host of desirable options.
ATI superdamper
10 rib drive
1200 hp intercooler
3 in aluminum charge piping
Silicone couplers
Large MAF housing.
Cold air kit

Feel free to give me a call, I will be happy to discuss your project, listen to your goals and help make the right decision for you.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote