Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-06-2020, 08:49 AM   #15
PhantomBlack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Patience my friend. Good things come to those who wait... You are in excellent hands sir. They have offered to work on my 2011 SS for me since I have problems down here with tuners telling you one thing and doing something else and crappy tunes. Trust me, if it weren't so far away I would be there in a flash for EVERYTHING !! They have seen the trouble I have been having and personally offered to re-tune my Camaro with the new 4200 stall and LOD Intake..
Are you going to have them remote tune your new converter? I've been thinking about doing that myself if I decide to go the stall route. I made the trip from FL to GPI for my cam install last year well worth the trip. I don't trust any tuners in FL. Every shop I've talked to before getting the cam preaches how VVT is crap and I need to take it out, sad really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanV8 View Post
I have always said all is well that ends well. I guess expectations may have been too high from what I had read about them on the forum and my experience with them while purchasing several parts. They were Super with letting me know everything about each order and tracking, etc.
When I left it Monday I would not have thought it would be Friday evening and I had not received any word on anything. I would think that is definitely out of character for them.
I am hoping for a better week next week. I was told when I made the appt it would take a week. I guess that is out the window. Main thing is for them to do a Good job. I am Sure they will.

Dan
OP I went with pretty much the same setup as you ss1/headers/3.91s. It took them about a week to install everything (the shop wasn't crazy busy), but I stayed in a hotel in Little Rock so they said I could drop by whenever and take a look at the progress. For my car they only posted it on FaceBook until after everything was done so I wouldn't be too concerned about not seeing your car on there. I know your excited, but trust me your in GREAT hands.
PhantomBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:59 AM   #16
MeanV8

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS, Chevy Corvette,
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomBlack View Post
Are you going to have them remote tune your new converter? I've been thinking about doing that myself if I decide to go the stall route. I made the trip from FL to GPI for my cam install last year well worth the trip. I don't trust any tuners in FL. Every shop I've talked to before getting the cam preaches how VVT is crap and I need to take it out, sad really.

OP I went with pretty much the same setup as you ss1/headers/3.91s. It took them about a week to install everything (the shop wasn't crazy busy), but I stayed in a hotel in Little Rock so they said I could drop by whenever and take a look at the progress. For my car they only posted it on FaceBook until after everything was done so I wouldn't be too concerned about not seeing your car on there. I know your excited, but trust me your in GREAT hands.
I am certain it is in Great Hands. I did not make the decision without lots of research and talking to guys closer to home. Got the same story on VVT as you did. I figured they pumped that BS because they did not have the knowledge to tune it.

Over the last several months I have talked to GPI during the purchasing of materials and planning of this project I was told a week to do it. I was told when I dropped it off it might be a couple of days until they got started and it would take no longer than 2 weeks, but I would get pictures and progress reports when they started. Today has been a week since I dropped it off. I should be hearing something soon.

I thought about staying in Little Rock while they did the work. Glad now I decided not to do that.

Dan
MeanV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:17 PM   #17
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomBlack View Post

No,no remote tune. Was looking at that route but since the 2 shops down here that did tunes already and still didn't get it right, I decided that the entire tune engine/trans/converter needed to be done "correctly". And these guys at GPI from all the years I have been reading about their work and the many happy folks who have been there makes me want to make the drive and just stay in a hotel after the tune, then come back home.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:44 PM   #18
MeanV8

Heard from James this afternoon. Sounds like the SS is in the shop. Updates should be coming more regular now.

Dan
Old 07-06-2020, 07:06 PM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
I think any conversation about mine was on Mute! Read discussion on Camaros and Corvettes but missed the part about mine.

Dan
LOL... it's top secret
Old 07-06-2020, 08:58 PM   #20
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
GPI is a victim of there own success — ;o). So many folks want them to do their cars and, GPI is very strict on whom they have working on them. You get top notch folks — and they are all booked. It does take patience and yes, I’ve stay right across the street @ Best Western many times waiting. The drive back to Texas was alway fun afterwards. It’s always a great time to do break-ins ;o)

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:47 AM   #21
MeanV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
GPI is a victim of there own success — ;o). So many folks want them to do their cars and, GPI is very strict on whom they have working on them. You get top notch folks — and they are all booked. It does take patience and yes, I’ve stay right across the street @ Best Western many times waiting. The drive back to Texas was alway fun afterwards. It’s always a great time to do break-ins ;o)

-Don
If my circumstances were different I would have had a lot more options and it would have been Fun to spend even a couple of weeks down there. I have spent countless weeks on Norfork Lake Slalom and Barefoot skiing, but in the last 11 months Sue has been through 2 surgeries, 2 rounds of Chemo, and 30 Radiation treatments. Spending over 3 weeks in the hospital during all that including a week in ICU.
She actually drove her car down, following me in the Camaro 3 days after her last Radiation treatment. She would not have it any other way. Quite the warrior!

Dan
Old 07-07-2020, 07:47 PM   #22
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Dan - rest assured we're on it. We are doing our best - we've got a lot of work going this summer and we're not willing to compromise any anybody's job. So, sometimes that means things take a little long than you might hope, and sometimes we're too busy trying to keep up with the work to grab pictures or day by day updates. But rest assured, you're in great hands, and your ride will get top notch work to go with your top notch parts.

If you're having trouble getting the guys at the shop you can shoot me a message on here and I can dig into it a little more. But honestly, we're doing all we can to move the work along without compromising on quality, and I firmly believe you'll be very satisfied with the outcome.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:23 AM   #23
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Dan - rest assured we're on it. We are doing our best - we've got a lot of work going this summer and we're not willing to compromise any anybody's job. So, sometimes that means things take a little long than you might hope, and sometimes we're too busy trying to keep up with the work to grab pictures or day by day updates. But rest assured, you're in great hands, and your ride will get top notch work to go with your top notch parts.

If you're having trouble getting the guys at the shop you can shoot me a message on here and I can dig into it a little more. But honestly, we're doing all we can to move the work along without compromising on quality, and I firmly believe you'll be very satisfied with the outcome.
This is what I am liking about you guys^^^^^^^^^^ and is making me to want to take a road trip to come up and have my Camaro tuned by by you! Keep up the awesome work and custmer service.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:08 AM   #24
MeanV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
This is what I am liking about you guys^^^^^^^^^^ and is making me to want to take a road trip to come up and have my Camaro tuned by by you! Keep up the awesome work and custmer service.
Yes GPI is definitely a Great choice! Supposed to pick mine up tomorrow! Road Trip Coming!

Dan
Old 07-12-2020, 03:36 PM   #25
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Enjoy the ride home, sure it will be a fun one after GPI gets done. Try to stay ticket free!
Old 07-12-2020, 05:14 PM   #26
PhantomBlack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Yes GPI is definitely a Great choice! Supposed to pick mine up tomorrow! Road Trip Coming!

Dan
Congrats! Enjoy the ride!
PhantomBlack is offline   Reply With Quote