Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #57
duc1098

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Got Inferno1LE's unit in yesterday. Plug and play. I don't feel like taking off the carpet so I just ran it under the floor mat for now. Seems to work as advertized! very nice option to have, although at idle/start up it's still pretty loud, maybe it makes more of a difference in modified cars? Also, the flaps open back up when you turn the car off so at start up you get a split second of the loudness till it closes. All in all money well spent. Thanks Andrew
duc1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #58
Inferno1LE

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange 1SS 1LE
Glad to hear it's working properly. The flaps close as soon as you turn the key on with the switch in the closed position. However, this is only true if there is vacuum in the tiny reserve canister in the rear of the car. If you use up the reserve, the flaps will not close until your engine makes vacuum (a second or 2).

Basically, if it's a day later, the flaps will stay closed at startup, but I find if I don't drive the car for a few days, they will take a second. I'm sure everybody's car is different too. I've thought out adding an electronic actuator for startup, but it's honestly not worth it to me.
Inferno1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #59
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno1LE View Post
Basically, if it's a day later, the flaps will stay closed at startup, but I find if I don't drive the car for a few days, they will take a second. I'm sure everybody's car is different too.

I've had the same experience - under certain conditions they are closed on startup
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #60
duc1098

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno1LE View Post
Glad to hear it's working properly. The flaps close as soon as you turn the key on with the switch in the closed position. However, this is only true if there is vacuum in the tiny reserve canister in the rear of the car. If you use up the reserve, the flaps will not close until your engine makes vacuum (a second or 2).

Basically, if it's a day later, the flaps will stay closed at startup, but I find if I don't drive the car for a few days, they will take a second. I'm sure everybody's car is different too. I've thought out adding an electronic actuator for startup, but it's honestly not worth it to me.

You were right. Its working much better now. Here's where I put the switch( and I manged to scratch the shit out of it). Very convenient, I can almost reach it without letting go of the shifter. How do you guys run wires under the carpet from door seal to the center counsel? I tried to do that but it seems impossible. Oh well, I've got it hidden pretty well for now.
duc1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #61
Inferno1LE

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc1098 View Post
You were right. Its working much better now. Here's where I put the switch( and I manged to scratch the shit out of it). Very convenient, I can almost reach it without letting go of the shifter. How do you guys run wires under the carpet from door seal to the center counsel? I tried to do that but it seems impossible. Oh well, I've got it hidden pretty well for now.
You run it up the door sill past the kick panel, then under the carpet to the driver side and back down the center console. Call me if you need help.
Inferno1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #62
Disturbed1LE
COTW 12/2/13

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Or you can pull the back seat and run it under the carpet to the center console.
Disturbed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #63
extraurban

Drives: Junker
sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was wondering if you guys could share some simple schematics for this mod or some pictures of the way it's wired?

Do you pull the fuse and create a circuit off the fuse connection to the 3-way toggle, in-line fuse (for factory) and a ground?
extraurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:29 PM   #64
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
PM sent to h08871
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:46 AM   #65
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Could this mod work on a v6 if I would get the NNP dual mod exhaust on
Old 09-22-2014, 08:16 AM   #66
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by extraurban View Post
sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was wondering if you guys could share some simple schematics for this mod or some pictures of the way it's wired?
Do you pull the fuse and create a circuit off the fuse connection to the 3-way toggle, in-line fuse (for factory) and a ground?
hope this helps extraurban

for the stealth mod only
for a simple drawing, ignore the chunk at the bottom and just look at the SPST chunk at the top right

I did not unplug anything of the factory wiring or fuses. there are 4 connectors that go on the additional relay. one is a ground, one is from the switch mounted in the cabin, one is tapped into the red/white wire (the red square thing just above the fuse block) and the last one is tapped into the green/black wire (red block towards the bottom right)

if interested in the stealth/factory/wild setup follow the schematic in full or use Inferno1LE's simpler approach.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #67
h018871
Geoff

should work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
PM sent to h08871
KaBoom
I think the NPP in a box should work (I've never seen one though - that is the disclaimer). it is set up for a different engine and car.........it should not be an issue. all you need is a constant vacuum source from the manifold and a place to mount the box. there is a lot of room behind the trunk lining and you should be able to get power there too.
I'm interested to see how it comes out

AND you're right, BRM is a great color!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #68
h018871
Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Could this mod work on a v6 if I would get the NNP dual mod exhaust on
check out KaBoom's install
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376190
Old 09-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #69
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
KaBoom
I think the NPP in a box should work (I've never seen one though - that is the disclaimer). it is set up for a different engine and car.........it should not be an issue. all you need is a constant vacuum source from the manifold and a place to mount the box. there is a lot of room behind the trunk lining and you should be able to get power there too.
I'm interested to see how it comes out

AND you're right, BRM is a great color!
Awesome.

Thx h018871!

I'll keep you informed of how this turns out.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #70
extraurban

Drives: Junker
Thanks h018871!

I had a read through both your pdfs when I was lurking a few months back and thought those were pretty thorough, but I'm hesitant to cut a few wires and add in the relays (warranty and whatnot). I thought maybe a tap into the fuse connector might be a bit easier, but when looking at yours and Inferno1LE's method, it looks like you have to cut both sides of the block to accomplish it.
extraurban is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dual mode exhaust, npp, quiet exhaust, stealth exhaust