Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #1
xformer1

Drives: 2012 Transformer Ed. 2SS
Bumblebee needs new shoes

So I am replacing the Pzeros that came stock on my 2012 2ss L99. I have been asking around trying to get some ideas.

So far, what the tires are:
Pzeros
Nitto Invos
BFG Comp 2 A/S
BFG Sport Comp 2

The sizes are staggered: 245/45-20 and 275/40-20. Now, Im not sure if I should (or have to) stay staggered, which would kind of limit my options, are go same size all around, which would open the Michelin group. This is just a warm weather street car. No track or autocross.

Anyone who run these or have a good idea on tires? Figured Id ask here because its for a Camaro 5th and people running on here would have a better idea.

Thanks
xformer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:51 AM   #2
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Heard a lot of positive feedback about the Invos. I personally have never ran them. As far as running staggered....the wheels are staggered so you most likely will need to stay with the staggered fitment with the tires. With that said you can run a squared setup, but you will need to make your selection based on the front width. The rear tire could look a little weird. That was the one thing I hated about my 1LE and changed that when I needed new tires.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #3
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Getting ready for some new ones on as well ... leaning towards the Nitto's. Curious to here from others also...
Old 02-03-2016, 11:11 AM   #4
13BRM2SSRS

Drives: 13 Camaro 2SS Vert L99
I went with 315/35 Nitto Invo's I don't have many miles on them yet but they are really grippy plus handle well in the rain so I would recommend them for sure.
Black GFX / Dynatech Supermaxx LT Headers / FR Black Chrome ZL1 Replicas 275/315 / RDP Tune / CAI / VMAX TB / MBRP SS Catback / Gtechniq CSL & EXOV3 / VTC / RX Catch Can / Valentine 1 / Halo DRL / LED Fogs
13BRM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:14 AM   #5
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
You also posted in the wheel and tire section.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:22 AM   #6
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
If you go by pure ratings, the Continentals come out on top. But reviews are anecdotal, so there is that.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...earDiameter=20

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/sor...s=-50&toggled=

OIC, a bit more traction vs. comfort...

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/sho...tsStaggered.do

Last edited by Mr. Stacy; 02-03-2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Add Compare
Mr. Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:14 PM   #7
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I had continentals and invo's. I recommend going with the Invo's. The conti's have too soft of a side wall at least for me. The invo's have been great so far. I look for grip and quietness which they deliver on. They are pretty decent in the rain as well. The only drawback would be how long they last. They do have a low tread wear rating but I'm buying them again.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:20 PM   #8
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I am driving on Toyo Proxes 4+ and they work great and have a lot longer wear than the Pirellis like over 500 wear compared to 220..... and same good AAA traction and speed rating stuff but I think shed water better being all season performance radial... If it was not for them I would be most likely on Pilot sports or something along that line.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:23 PM   #9
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
I had continentals and invo's. I recommend going with the Invo's. The conti's have too soft of a side wall at least for me. The invo's have been great so far. I look for grip and quietness which they deliver on. They are pretty decent in the rain as well. The only drawback would be how long they last. They do have a low tread wear rating but I'm buying them again.
I've always been curious about the soft sidewall comment on the Conti's, I run ExtremeContacts and have been very satisfied

Can you feel the sidewall softness in a corner? I mean I've taken some fast corners and I feel the car kind of tilt but I always figured that's stock body roll
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:25 PM   #10
NC_SS

I run ExtremeContacts OP and I've been very satisfied.

Hook nicely, literally anything is better than the stock P Zeros though
Old 02-03-2016, 05:27 PM   #11
Caseyls3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SS View Post
I've always been curious about the soft sidewall comment on the Conti's, I run ExtremeContacts and have been very satisfied

Can you feel the sidewall softness in a corner? I mean I've taken some fast corners and I feel the car kind of tilt but I always figured that's stock body roll
I had Conti DWS' on my CTSv after the BFG super Sports and had the same complaint. They rode very well and were quiet but they introduced a "numbness" to steering input. The steering did not feel as direct. It felt "sloppy" for lack of a better description

2011 Camaro SS/RS Vert - Jewel Red Tintcoat, 6M, 231/247 Comp Cam, Kooks headers, Borla ATAK, ATI under drive pulley, Richmond 4.10s, LS9 clutch, Hurst shifter, BMR Springs
Caseyls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #12
NC_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyls3 View Post
I had Conti DWS' on my CTSv after the BFG super Sports and had the same complaint. They rode very well and were quiet but they introduced a "numbness" to steering input. The steering did not feel as direct. It felt "sloppy" for lack of a better description
The car can feel sloppy in general too IMO, but tires alone can't solve/help that problem.

I just asked because I couldn't ever really tell. The stock P Zeros were awful, loud, and I couldn't find grip in the best conditions. Also the only time I've experienced true understeer in this car, I was working second shift and one night leaving work the front tires just let go all together. It was a cool night, I'd say in the 40's-50's but I've ran these extremecontacts in worse weather than that without issue. Also worth noting the P Zeros would lose grip all together during regular driving.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:03 PM   #13
Caseyls3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SS View Post
The car can feel sloppy in general too IMO, but tires alone can't solve/help that problem.

I just asked because I couldn't ever really tell. The stock P Zeros were awful, loud, and I couldn't find grip in the best conditions. Also the only time I've experienced true understeer in this car, I was working second shift and one night leaving work the front tires just let go all together. It was a cool night, I'd say in the 40's-50's but I've ran these extremecontacts in worse weather than that without issue. Also worth noting the P Zeros would lose grip all together during regular driving.
Understood, but car felt great with the BFG Super Sports and with only a tire change it felt sloppy.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Vert - Jewel Red Tintcoat, 6M, 231/247 Comp Cam, Kooks headers, Borla ATAK, ATI under drive pulley, Richmond 4.10s, LS9 clutch, Hurst shifter, BMR Springs
Caseyls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:25 PM   #14
Bobbyrage14SS

Drives: 2014 2SS, Summitt White
I just put Toyo Proxes on my SexPanther. I didnt name her, coworkers did haha. I got almost 18000 miles out of the PZeros that came on it. Thats including 3 track days, and a few grudge nights at Willow Springs. Still trying to get my bitchass buddy to bring his Boss mustang out. Hes a Vag....