Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #141
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiiidoc View Post
Ordered...hope your development time isn't as slow as AAC's has been on the fender scoops...
Thanks for the order. Development is done, and we've had our production boards ready for quite some time. We're only waiting on our wiring harness partner. They have our sample harness that we sent them, and are working now on building their first one for us to check. We should be receiving that next week, and then production of our first batch should get underway. We're shipping out your boards to them for final assembly with wiring into the cases.

So we're on schedule to ship in about 3 weeks, hopefully a little sooner.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #142
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
Thanks for the order. Development is done, and we've had our production boards ready for quite some time. We're only waiting on our wiring harness partner. They have our sample harness that we sent them, and are working now on building their first one for us to check. We should be receiving that next week, and then production of our first batch should get underway. We're shipping out your boards to them for final assembly with wiring into the cases.

So we're on schedule to ship in about 3 weeks, hopefully a little sooner.
Just in time for my birthday

What's the word on the Android app timeframe?
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #143
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiiidoc View Post
Just in time for my birthday

What's the word on the Android app timeframe?
I don't want to give any dates until the app is just about done. I've been doing software for too long to do that. There are just too many things that can crop up. We're just going to commit to "summer" at this point. Android is something that we wanted to have early on, but we had to limit the amount of work so that we could get some products out. It is a priority, and we are actively working on it.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #144
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
I've just gotta say...

So far I like your business model.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #145
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
My buy is all waiting on first seeing the install video. I wanna see how I can get this to work on my stock halos because jdp has had issues and I am not about to go without my daily driver just so my lights change colors lol. With that said I love your business plan and look forward to the reviews and install videos to see what exactly has to be done. Unless you already have one. Thanks and I am following this thread closely. Very exciting. No more stupid remote that works the lights on half the lot !!!
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #146
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
My buy is all waiting on first seeing the install video. I wanna see how I can get this to work on my stock halos because jdp has had issues and I am not about to go without my daily driver just so my lights change colors lol. With that said I love your business plan and look forward to the reviews and install videos to see what exactly has to be done. Unless you already have one. Thanks and I am following this thread closely. Very exciting. No more stupid remote that works the lights on half the lot !!!
You'll be very pleased. We completed two Camaros (mine and another tester) in less than a day taking our time, eating, and chatting. So no worries on losing your DD from the install.

Thanks for checking in!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #147
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
The method of installation is something that just about anyone can do. I'm sure there are hundreds of people that have installed the JDP kit their self. They didn't make their video public, and I'm not sure that we will either. We have a couple of test daily-drivers that have been using the halo kit for a few months now. So as CamaroKid300 stated, the installation isn't long, and this kit doesn't effect the driveability of the car.

The introductory pre-sale price is just for a limited time, as stated in the pre-sale thread for the halo kit (NightOwl RGB Halo Kit - PRE-SALE). We are rewarding the early-adopters with a large discount. Once we run out of our current stock, or begin shipping our first orders, we no longer will offer introductory pre-sale pricing. However, we will continue to offer manufacturer-direct pricing until we get our dealer channel set up.

Either way, thanks for your interest.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #148
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Will there be a pre sale on the modules?
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #149
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Will there be a pre sale on the modules?
We will offer an introductory special on the individual modules. We have these modules already in stock just awaiting final assembly, loading firmware, and testing. We'll be releasing them shortly after the halo kits, and we're going to try to have them ready in time to ship with the halo kits for those that ordered during our pre-sale. We'll contact those that pre-ordered to see what additional modules they would like.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #150
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
We will offer an introductory special on the individual modules. We have these modules already in stock just awaiting final assembly, loading firmware, and testing. We'll be releasing them shortly after the halo kits, and we're going to try to have them ready in time to ship with the halo kits for those that ordered during our pre-sale. We'll contact those that pre-ordered to see what additional modules they would like.
This would be great!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #151
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
So if I have the JDP kit and my own led strips that are color changing.... What all would I need module/controller wise so I can make my JDP halos different colors and my led strips? Sorry if this has been answered just wondering if I can afford this cause it looks amazing!
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #152
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
So if I have the JDP kit and my own led strips that are color changing.... What all would I need module/controller wise so I can make my JDP halos different colors and my led strips? Sorry if this has been answered just wondering if I can afford this cause it looks amazing!
Our JDP Upgrade Kit is all that you would need. Most LED strips will work with the included controller.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #153
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Bump for a sweet system!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #154
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Any new news
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote