Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 05-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #15
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
I've run 38 in my tires too, AutoX doesn't get them warmed up real well, so I start high and let air out if I need to.

As far as brakes, I run my normal street pads (Stoptech Street performance) for autox and they do just fine, you certainly won't be needing any brake ducting or anything.

I do about 1 AutoX a month and that's way too often for me to go swapping brake pads all the time, the stop techs stop just fine and i've never had them fade, I also never get out of second gear so i'm usually at most braking from 60mph.

On the track is another story, I do swap pads for the track.

Everybody else covered the good stuff already, lol.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:34 PM   #16
SS_Killer

Drives: 2010LSM6
All good advice save for the lower tire pressures recommended near the begining of the thread. Use the higher pressures recommended later. I also highlight the following comment:

1. Take plenty of ride-alongs with experienced drivers. This will show you what your car can do. Try to make it mostly Camaro guy though. Ride-alongs in little hondas or whatever won't be representative for you!

Note to SVThis: High S.J.! Good to see a few local folks on the forum.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #17
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Lower tire pressure will allow the tires to build some heat. Higher tire pressures will help offset tire roll over from the stock suspension and alignment. Take a look at your tires after a run. If they are rolling over you add pressure if they are rolling past the arrows on the side. If not remove some. Autocross does not have long enough times to really do a temperature analysis.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #18
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Ok I.m back and my tires are done! Wow those 2 days were really ruff on the tires!! I only did 5 1/2 runs and basic practice under the rain today. I have some footage. Overall I'm happy about my progress; I wasnt smooth at first but putting a good show haha..then it got smoother on the brakes and throttle and things got better.

I'm still waiting on my PM time but in the AM, I was running in the top 8-9th on 108 cars(70 slow cars in this I'd say but some were emptied impreza on slicks). Veteran drivers were rusty and hitting a lot of cones! But in the PM they got really fast.

I almost didnt hit any cone, except this time when I had a rear wheel lock up when compressing the engine and the ABS got crazy and I had no brakes!! Just 1 cone hit...a miracle!

Now I'm shopping for tires and I dont think I will buy Goodyear again; they wear way too fast.

I got in a base Stingray today; THIS CAR IS A BEAST!!!!! IT IS EFFIN FAST!! It was on Michelin PSS. Awesome tire.

Next up is a real alignment, I definitly need more camber. My tires are mostly shot on the outside.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #19
BruHop

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE,RS,NPP,Recaros in SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktyght View Post

here is my first time in the seat for reference, everything I said above was passed onto me by instructors that day.

Its an amazing feeling to gain so much run to run to run.

this was a lot of runs because it was a training, but you get the idea
Love that course. Good high speed stuff.
BruHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:34 PM   #20
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Awesome videos!! I found the most frustrating thing was when you have hit your goals and you know exactly what went wrong. Such as pushing in the sweepers and losing time. You get that corrected and you booger up another part. So much fun though. Wish I had a camera to mount to see how I was getting through the slaloms.