Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
IPS Camaro

Sorry in advance for the lack of pictures, i'll try to get something uploaded by the weekend. I purchased my IPS kit in the beginning of January and recieved it early march. Brought it to the shop early june and got it back yesterday.

The Kit:
The kit was missing some lines and the filter covers. The intercooler required some drilling of the mounts for the install that was said to be remedied on the new kits. But overall great quality to the kit

The Customer service:
I talked to Jeff to get the covers and he said he shipped them out. 2 weeks later I called again and Brandon shipped them out that day with a tracking #. It took my tuner 3 days to get in contact with them for missing oil lines and they came 2 days later.

The Installation:
My tuner said the kit was a pain to install and was mentioning how one of the wastegates was very complicated, I believe he said passenger but I don't remember. He also said the instructions were garbage and that the little items inside bags rarely had correlation to each other.

Opinion of both My Tuner and I:
Kit was a little complicated with poor instructions, but In the end everything fit well and materials are of a very high quality. Overall the Kit is great.

Power:
I decided to keep it at 5psi until I get a dual pump setup. 589 whp 581 wtq. 92 degrees in the shop and swamp like humidity. Interestingly enough there was a hellion kit on the dyno right before me. At 5psi he made 566 whp (I don't remember the torque) with a similar power curve as far spool time goes and the tuner said that my kit was much nicer.

Drive:
Simply put I LOVE IT!!!! I haven't got to bang gears in it yet, because I'm still breaking my LS9R clutch.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette

These are the only pics I have to help you out. I saw the kit first hand and will say it's very nice. Impressive numbers on 5lbs and after taking a ride in it, it feels very strong. Overall I'm just glad my friend his happy. Enjoy!!!

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
IPSjason
IPS fabricator

Drives: Mopars... *shhhh*
The instructions certainly could use some work; new ones are currently being worked on. The bags included in the kit, however, couldn't be much better organized in my oppinion. They are separated into oil feed line fittings, oil return line fittings, coolant line fittings, skid plate hardware, transmission line fittings, catch can hardware, I/C piping hardware, etc etc etc... 13 bags for 13 different areas of the kit. Perhaps the hardware bags weren't labelled properly and this is why there was confusion. We spent a ton of time making sure the large volume of hardware included in our kit was organized and easy to understand, so I hope the problems your mechanic encountered were only a one-time freak occurrence.
IPSjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Yea.... might have been an early kit issue. But regardless love the kit
Old 07-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
Boost6924

Drives: 2SS/RS
Congrats on your new TT kit! I have same kit installed. I SIMPLY LOVE IT!
I run 9psi with alky control, still stock engine. Very impressive tire spinning first three gears......
Mine made 622/620 on IPS mustang dyno, Africa hot conditions with lots of humidity.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
What sizes turbos are you running? I'm purchasing the GT3586R turbos with their kit.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

I got the middle size turbos. GT3582R
Old 07-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Looks good!!! Quality of the welds, and what I can see of the fab work are first class. Instructions are hard for any of us to create...always a work in progress.

The Tialwastegates are as good as money can buy. Two thumbs up from me
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #9
Boost6924

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quality is top notch. No issues so far. My car runs neck to neck with my neighbor's lpe 660 Z06 corvette. He couldn't believe it.Lol.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #10
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
I have a few things to say about this kit...but imma wait a few more days before i speak my story .......
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #11
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
I have a few things to say about this kit...but imma wait a few more days before i speak my story .......

I am still waiting for the instructions to be sent. I was told they would mail them and even e-mail them is pdf format but still have not received them.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #12
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
Sorry in advance for the lack of pictures, i'll try to get something uploaded by the weekend. I purchased my IPS kit in the beginning of January and recieved it early march. Brought it to the shop early june and got it back yesterday.

The Kit:
The kit was missing some lines and the filter covers. The intercooler required some drilling of the mounts for the install that was said to be remedied on the new kits. But overall great quality to the kit

The Customer service:
I talked to Jeff to get the covers and he said he shipped them out. 2 weeks later I called again and Brandon shipped them out that day with a tracking #. It took my tuner 3 days to get in contact with them for missing oil lines and they came 2 days later.

The Installation:
My tuner said the kit was a pain to install and was mentioning how one of the wastegates was very complicated, I believe he said passenger but I don't remember. He also said the instructions were garbage and that the little items inside bags rarely had correlation to each other.

Opinion of both My Tuner and I:
Kit was a little complicated with poor instructions, but In the end everything fit well and materials are of a very high quality. Overall the Kit is great.

Power:
I decided to keep it at 5psi until I get a dual pump setup. 589 whp 581 wtq. 92 degrees in the shop and swamp like humidity. Interestingly enough there was a hellion kit on the dyno right before me. At 5psi he made 566 whp (I don't remember the torque) with a similar power curve as far spool time goes and the tuner said that my kit was much nicer.

Drive:
Simply put I LOVE IT!!!! I haven't got to bang gears in it yet, because I'm still breaking my LS9R clutch.
who's your tuner?
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:23 AM   #13
FiveO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6speed Manual
His Tuner is one of the best in Louisiana. I used him for my previous car(1998 Camaro) and ran it hard for eight years with noooooooo problems.

But man to say you pushed out 589RWHP @ 5psi with only a turbo and no other mods is jaw dropping!!! Excellent numbers on HP and TQ!!! You have a nice kit and a great tuner!!! Wait until you change those gears!!!

New Orleans Saints, "America's Team"
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #14
qtr-camaro ss

Drives: Orange CAMARO SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
I'm waiting for your story .. Because I'm planing to get this kit
qtr-camaro ss is offline   Reply With Quote