Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #1
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Assaulted after being hit

So I was driving to my dorm to get something I forgot and this asshole tries to cut me off and ended up crashing into me from the oncoming lane because he couldn't pass me. Then he gets out of his car and punches me! I defended myself but unfortunately since he wasn’t strong enough to leave a mark, the police couldn’t do anything about it. He was issued 2 tickets for driving on a suspended license and crossing the double yellow lines as you can see from the picture so I think I got enough revenge. And his car suffered much worse damage than mine so his insurance is going to have a field day with him. Both of his doors were dented inwards while my front bumper only sustained a small dent. God bless the people that make this car! Stay safe out there guys and always have a dash cam! I will be installing my own tomorrow. Also are my stripes going to have to be redone? And should I sue for lost value? Also if you guys have any other advice, I would be happy to take it.

Cheers

Daniel
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #2
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:55 PM   #3
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
You should of dented his ****ing face. I hate scum bags like that. Glad you are ok and the car is only minor damage. You should collect 100% of your damages on this one.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #4
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Oh, also use the dash cam I do...... Falcon Touch. Magnificent clarity. It's a couple hundred but well worth it. You get what you pay for with dash cams.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:08 PM   #5
High Magnitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
You should of dented his ****ing face. I hate scum bags like that. Glad you are ok and the car is only minor damage. You should collect 100% of your damages on this one.
I would have loved to but since he didnt leave a mark on me, I would have been seen as the one who inflicted damage on him, due to me not having any evidence of him punching me and him having obvious evidence of me hurting him. Ill let karma sort this one out but in the future, Ill be more prepared.

Im gonna need about 3 dash cams for the inside of the car, front and rear most likely. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:16 PM   #6
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Glad you're OK and car only has minor damage that can be fixed. The guy sounds like a total dirt bag; driving on a suspended license, hits your car and then hits you.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:19 PM   #7
High Magnitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Glad you're OK and car only has minor damage that can be fixed. The guy sounds like a total dirt bag; driving on a suspended license, hits your car and then hits you.
Ill update a pic of the damage tomorrow. Too dark now. Its such a small dent, I was shocked. Bumper is probably gonna have to be replaced but still.

And he had the nerve to tell the cops I got out of my car first and was aggressive with him. Wanted to bash his brains in but I held off. Dirt bag indeed.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #8
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
That’s 🦇💩 crazy.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:11 PM   #9
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Wow, what a pos. Glad you and the car are alright for the most part OP. Get a good dash cam, do your research. Most of the better ones come with one for the front and for the rear as well, haven't seen ones for the sides. Good luck and stay safe!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:42 PM   #10
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
ONE WORD---Monadnock...
keep this one with me all the time...https://www.galls.com/monadnock-21-b...002196&PMSRCH=
...less lethal...good luck!
Old 10-23-2017, 10:34 PM   #11
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
You're a better person than I am. I wouldn't be able to let that go at all.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:45 PM   #12
Lutatt2

Drives: 2010
I would have hit him in the gut. Won't leave any visual damage on his body for the cops to see
Lutatt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:48 PM   #13
Mando2776

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
If he was here in Los Angeles, the picture would have shown him laid out cold on the street.
But then again, you’re causing him much more pain on the long run. Although an assault charge would have been cool.
Mando2776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:03 AM   #14
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
What he has coming will be revenge enough. Suspended lic and still driving, and crossing double yellow with at fault accident due to it all. IDK what the police penalty will be but I would imagine he will lose his insurance and have a tough time getting insured again with like $5,000 liability only coverage a year.
I think you would just give yourself more grief trying to get loss of value haggling. Find a good repair shop and be happy it wasn't worse. Your not hurt or waiting for a court date and paying $$$ for a lawyer for assault with injury. No shame in not punching him, would have just made things worse for you.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote