Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #1
dlc

Drives: red 2011 camaro ls
trany quest

will the mt5 in my 94 camaro v6 work in my 2011 camaro ls v6 mt6?
dlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Wasn't the V6, 6 spd transmission also stolen from the CTS? Remember the horsepower was like 225 in the 4th gen Camaros, so may not be same-o same-o. May not even have same bolt pattern. I couldn't say for sure my friend. At first I thought it would be the same but started thinking about possible issues. You know the LS LT has the room for a V8, but when you slap the V8 in there you will need to change the transmission, the drive shaft, u- joints, diff, possibly the brake system, and definitely the suspension as well as radiator. There is a lot more to it. There may be a reason it was limited to only 5 speeds also. So to answer your question, at first I thought yeah, but after I thought about it a minute then I thought probably not. But what you could do is take the shop manuals and see if it would be physically possible. Sorry i wasn't much help, but I think there enough mechanics here to prove or disprove it. Troy Lawson
Old 11-16-2018, 04:24 PM   #3
dlc

Drives: red 2011 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
Wasn't the V6, 6 spd transmission also stolen from the CTS? Remember the horsepower was like 225 in the 4th gen Camaros, so may not be same-o same-o. May not even have same bolt pattern. I couldn't say for sure my friend. At first I thought it would be the same but started thinking about possible issues. You know the LS LT has the room for a V8, but when you slap the V8 in there you will need to change the transmission, the drive shaft, u- joints, diff, possibly the brake system, and definitely the suspension as well as radiator. There is a lot more to it. There may be a reason it was limited to only 5 speeds also. So to answer your question, at first I thought yeah, but after I thought about it a minute then I thought probably not. But what you could do is take the shop manuals and see if it would be physically possible. Sorry i wasn't much help, but I think there enough mechanics here to prove or disprove it. Troy Lawson
There were some 4rth gen camaros with a 6 speed mt. I believe it was 2000, 2001, and 2002 year models. I hope someone to correct me if that's wrong.
dlc is offline   Reply With Quote