Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #2745
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
So this winter I am getting to my interior trim. I couldn't live with the cloth covered panels too much longer. The 2010's had it right those area's need to be green.

I have stripped the dash and door panels of their cloth and now just need to get them painted.

The dash panels are black and the door trims are translucent white so I'm pretty sure I'll have to prime them to get a consistent base.

For those who have primed and then painted SGM what is a good base? I'm being told a silver/grey primer would be best.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #2746
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
So this winter I am getting to my interior trim. I couldn't live with the cloth covered panels too much longer. The 2010's had it right those area's need to be green.

I have stripped the dash and door panels of their cloth and now just need to get them painted.

The dash panels are black and the door trims are translucent white so I'm pretty sure I'll have to prime them to get a consistent base.

For those who have primed and then painted SGM what is a good base? I'm being told a silver/grey primer would be best.
That's what the usual base is when painting a car SGM.
I see the shops use a silverish base.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #2747
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post

White!

Go with white. I've had a good long talk with my painter over this subject, and I've also learned from experience on my engine compartment mods.
My painter said that the manufacturer documentation calls for grey primer, but it never looks right. If you've ever chipped your paint you will notice that it is white underneath the SGM. He had to do a lot of experimenting to get the color to his satisfaction before he would put it on a car, and I can vouch that he got right. I know where the repair is on my car, but I can't tell where it begins or ends.
Before he repaired my door, I had done the underside of the front fascia myself. I made the mistake of using grey primer, and it just didn't look right. It came out dull and dark. Since then I've used white primer on everything I paint, and the color is very close.
Hope this helps. Good luck. Post pics when you get it done!

Oh, and I almost forgot: Since you're painting plastic, I recommend using adhesion promoter before the primer.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #2748
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
White!

Go with white. I've had a good long talk with my painter over this subject, and I've also learned from experience on my engine compartment mods.
My painter said that the manufacturer documentation calls for grey primer, but it never looks right. If you've ever chipped your paint you will notice that it is white underneath the SGM. He had to do a lot of experimenting to get the color to his satisfaction before he would put it on a car, and I can vouch that he got right. I know where the repair is on my car, but I can't tell where it begins or ends.
Before he repaired my door, I had done the underside of the front fascia myself. I made the mistake of using grey primer, and it just didn't look right. It came out dull and dark. Since then I've used white primer on everything I paint, and the color is very close.
Hope this helps. Good luck. Post pics when you get it done!

Oh, and I almost forgot: Since you're painting plastic, I recommend using adhesion promoter before the primer.
Thanks for chiming in. Especially with the adhesion promoter comment I may have easily overlooked it.

I'm thinking I'll get them professionally painted but will recommend/demand the white primer.

I'm waiting on my foot-well lighting kit to come before I paint the panels because I want to test a color changing panel seeing as they are default translucent white. - Still not for me as I want SGM panels but would like to see how it would look.

Also the way you talk about your painter makes me want to take a trip to see said painter. I was given a present of a nasty door ding I'd like fixed. Hell I'd love to get all of my chips fixed. I bought used and didn't have the luxury of owning the car flawless.

1968 Synergy Green:
http://www.refinishnetwork.com/user-...-synergy-green

Wish I could find the finished project.

Last edited by Pagliaro; 11-19-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #2749
Tomfoolery

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvp_Me View Post
mmmm...... i look through this thread all the time and everything in the pic i posted is green......sooooo i posted it to share but if thats a bad thing ill just stop.
Methinks that was a attempt at humour that didn't come across well in print, my friend... please by all means continue to post pics... particularly if they involve synergy green-clad bikini models!

Tomfoolery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #2750
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted View Post
They are $95 each plus shipping which is normally around $30 right now
Even if shipped to Alberta? Got family in Calgary.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #2751
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
We use Purolator, so what ever they charge
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #2752
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Fair enough, I'll pass this along to those who wanted Christmas Ideas for me.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #2753
1BAADSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
See my classified for Synergy Green G2 caliper paint system. Would make a great holiday gift!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320790

YOU DON'T JUST PARK IT.....
YOU DISPLAY IT
1BAADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #2754
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
One of our locals, Wabbit, posted this up on the PNW section for all the Synergy owners around here. I looked at it, and it's made by the same manufacturer as the Costco one that sold last year, but it looks like it's a little smaller scale than the other ones. The specs put it at about 10 inches long. It's listed as 1/18 scale. I think the Costco ones were 1/10 scale. I checked the one I bought this year, but it doesn't say on the box.

Guess I'll know for sure when mine shows up!

Merry Christmas:

http://www.amazon.com/Chevrolet-Cama...eywords=camaro

Last edited by With envy; 12-15-2013 at 11:11 PM.
With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #2755
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
New ZL1 replicas going on tomorrow. Pics later
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #2756
chetkan
Haters gonna hate!!!

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Synergy Green
What does that mean a new ZL1 replica going on???
chetkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:19 AM   #2757
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
One of our locals, Wabbit, posted this up on the PNW section for all the Synergy owners around here. I looked at it, and it's made by the same manufacturer as the Costco one that sold last year, but it looks like it's a little smaller scale than the other ones. The specs put it at about 10 inches long. It's listed as 1/18 scale. I think the Costco ones were 1/16 scale. I checked the one I bought this year, but it doesn't say on the box.

Guess I'll know for sure when mine shows up!

Merry Christmas:

http://www.amazon.com/Chevrolet-Cama...eywords=camaro
I don't see the mailslot for a change that is good.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #2758
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
New wheels and tires... ZL1 replicas, 315's in rear, 275's in front... Love it
Attached Images

2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush