Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 03-06-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
Nick Boulin

Drives: 2012 1SS 6-speed
Holden Event @ Cecil County Dragway

Hey everyone,
I no longer have my Camaro but I do have a SS Sedan. We have a Holden Event @ Cecil County Dragway on Sunday, April 28. Private track rental so just us and whoever we can get to show up. We had an event last year that turned out really well. Looking to get others in on the deal.
https://www.facebook.com/events/971489783062369/

You can contact Dave Turowski on FB for more info. He is the man running the show.

Per the site page if you dont FB:

This is the first of two Holden events I will be hosting at Cecil County Dragway, in Rising Sun, MD. Last year's showdown had amazing weather so keep your fingers crossed for equally as good a day for this event!

This go around I am going to be doing things a little differently starting with the price of admission. Since we had such a great turnout for the Showdown, the owner of the track agreed to lower the entrance fee to $125 per car - $100 per car to race and $25 goes towards prize money!!! For the $125 entry I must guarantee 50 cars racing so early registration is a must. Otherwise, it will be $150 at the gate. This protects the track and I from having to eat a LOT of money if folks don't show up.

That being said, like last time I will be soliciting other groups, like CTS-V, Dodge boys, etc... There will be NO Pro Mods this time unless you are a Holden. I want this to be a more street-friendly event. Spectators and crew will be $10 at the gate. The car show idea was basically a free for all so wherever we land is good for me. I will actually judge cars this go around with some other folks to be selected at a later date. I will update with the categories and trophy/prize won once I figure things out.

I am working on either an index or bracket style race for the folks who want prize money. The way it will work is 50 cars x $25 = $1250 ($750 for 1st, $375 for 2nd, and $125 for 3rd). I reserve the right to change up the racing style based on feedback and what makes the most sense.

Wheel waffle will be continued from last year's Showdown. We didn't fill all the spots so I'd love to see it go for the Icebreaker! The tracking list is on my Holden Events page. I will be giving the folks who put chances on the JT Carbon Splitter the option of moving their money over to the Wheel waffle or getting a refund. There was not enough interest in the splitter so I am pulling the plug.

Track will have the speed shop, concessions and fuel available for the duration of the event. Expect racing to start around 10am again and go until 4ish. Gates open at 9am like before.

Working on Sponsors again, some returning, some new! I will have a list of sponsors in a separate post on my page. I already have two main sponsors and working on more!

Jersey Devil Photo, LLC will be doing the Photos and Video like last year. I should have the 2018 Showdown's video out for public consumption shortly. Mike has been getting his business up and running and getting a lot more action than expected...gotta respect the ramp up period.

Stay tuned as I have updates...same deal as before. I will collect the early payments via PayPal. My PayPal address is w31lsx@gmail.com. Please list your name, car (G8, SS, etc) and State you are coming from).

Any questions hit me on messenger or email at w31lsx@gmail.com.
Nick Boulin is offline   Reply With Quote