Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-12-2020, 11:42 PM   #1
amolaver

Drives: 18 ZL1 E90M3 E36M3 SM NCMX5
Real prices people are getting on non-1LE?

I know this may be personal, but I'm curious what kind of prices are people really getting.. If you don't mind sharing, it would really help me decide new/used if you'd share the price you got (before tax/tags).

I'm hunting around and seeing MSRP of around 68K for my desired options (6MT, PDR, sunroof, exposed carbon hood, carbon interior) and cargurus is saying a 'great deal' is around 55K. Is that reality?

I ask mostly because I looked at a 2018 (8K miles, no sunroof, no carbon interior) and they wouldn't move lower than 52K. Obviously, just one dealer, and one car. That said, searching all the usual sites seems to indicate 54K is about average listing price for an '18 sub 10K miles.

But with sale prices of 2018's let's say around 50K..is 55K reality for new 2019 or 2020's? Are people getting that low?

If you don't mind sharing it with the community, totally understand. Thanks!

ahm
amolaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:53 AM   #2
VegasZ

Drives: 2020 ZL1
My 2020 MSRP was 67k and I got it for 60 and some change on a black Friday sale but I had to drive 300 miles to Cali to get that deal. On a leftover 2019 you might be able to get closer to 55k if you can find one. The sunroof might be difficult to find on a left over though. The best used price in my area was 52k for a 17 with 13k miles and they wouldn't budge on the price.

GL!
VegasZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:55 AM   #3
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
I’ve been doing a lot of searching myself. The only way I’ll ever consider upgrading from an SS to a ZL on the 6th Gen platform is if it’s an incredible deal. I’ve seen a lot of used ZL’s go anywhere from 50k to 56k with low mileage being a 18’. I fancy the newer tail lamps, so I’m after 19’ or newer if the price happens to fall in my ideal range.

Blake

https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:05 AM   #4
1sweet11SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Camaro
Just 2 weeks ago I paid $50,977 for a 2018 ZL1. Black, carbon fiber exposed hood, sunroof, 10 speed, 970 miles.

I’ve been looking for several months. When this one popped up, it was the lowest for several hundred miles. I jumped on it.

Certified pre-owned. Includes 2 services, power train 6 yr 100k
Autoclub Dragway Best MPH: 112.01 Jan 7, 2012
1sweet11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:17 AM   #5
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
That 2018 you looked at for $52 is a good deal! I paid a little over $52 for my used 2017 with 422 miles last March. I knew I would never see another one with that low mileage with every option that I wanted so I jumped on it and have had no regrets so far almost a year later!
Old 01-13-2020, 06:22 AM   #6
amolaver

Thanks for the feedback! Anyone else willing to share?
Old 01-13-2020, 06:27 AM   #7
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolaver View Post
I know this may be personal, but I'm curious what kind of prices are people really getting.. If you don't mind sharing, it would really help me decide new/used if you'd share the price you got (before tax/tags).

I'm hunting around and seeing MSRP of around 68K for my desired options (6MT, PDR, sunroof, exposed carbon hood, carbon interior) and cargurus is saying a 'great deal' is around 55K. Is that reality?

I ask mostly because I looked at a 2018 (8K miles, no sunroof, no carbon interior) and they wouldn't move lower than 52K. Obviously, just one dealer, and one car. That said, searching all the usual sites seems to indicate 54K is about average listing price for an '18 sub 10K miles.

But with sale prices of 2018's let's say around 50K..is 55K reality for new 2019 or 2020's? Are people getting that low?

ahm
Using car gurus or cars.com, do a nationwide search and look at the lowest prices listed. You can get those prices at the very least. Your local dealer will tell you B.S. about how you don't qualify for all those discounts, but in the end they can hit those prices if they want to sell the car.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:53 AM   #8
amolaver

cargurus is how i found the $55k 'great price'. when i found that, i switched looking from used to new...but just because cargurus says it's a great price, doesn't mean anyone has actually managed to get it. i mean, i want that to be real - i'd rather buy new than used - but before i start beating up salespeople trying to hit close to that, i'd like to hear it's possible..

@1sweet11ss - was 51k for the '18 a10 / sunroof / <1k miles a private party or dealer?

@lt4greg - i don't think 52k is that great. it's not terrible by any means, but i think i can do better. even if i don't beat it, but get the sunroof, i'd call that a win

@vegasZ - thanks for the info! $60k on $67k sticker seems like a reasonable 'good deal' to me...i'm just hoping there are better deals thank you!!

ahm
Old 01-13-2020, 07:59 AM   #9
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
I bought mine new in August of 2018 for $61,500. ZL1 10sp. No Sunroof. 5miles on the odo.

It stickered at 69k and change.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:12 AM   #10
1sweet11SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Camaro
From a Chevy dealership nearly 100 miles away.

That how I got the certified pre-owned warranty. The car was bought new at this dealership and returned to the same dealership.

2 year maintenance, remainder of bumper to bumper 2 years, + CPO 6 year / 100k powertrain warranty......better than new!

Reason it was so low was a deal to ship it out of state fell through (buyer didn’t qualify) car sat on the lot for a month....and the dealership owner wanted the car gone.

When I called, they had already received several inquiries and were preparing to sell it to another person in AZ who called. I told them they can consider it sold and I’d be there is 2 hours. They agreed....

They had a 2019 ZL1 on the showroom floor sticker for $69,330 with the exact same options. They were willing to sell that for $62,XXX.

How could I lose with the exact same car but 2018 and 970 miles for $50,977?....and a 6 year 100k powertrian warranty?
Autoclub Dragway Best MPH: 112.01 Jan 7, 2012
1sweet11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:32 AM   #11
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
cargurus is how i found the $55k 'great price'. when i found that, i switched looking from used to new...but just because cargurus says it's a great price, doesn't mean anyone has actually managed to get it. i mean, i want that to be real - i'd rather buy new than used - but before i start beating up salespeople trying to hit close to that, i'd like to hear it's possible..

@1sweet11ss - was 51k for the '18 a10 / sunroof / <1k miles a private party or dealer?

@lt4greg - i don't think 52k is that great. it's not terrible by any means, but i think i can do better. even if i don't beat it, but get the sunroof, i'd call that a win

@vegasZ - thanks for the info! $60k on $67k sticker seems like a reasonable 'good deal' to me...i'm just hoping there are better deals thank you!!

ahm
I just got 18% off msrp on a ZL1 1LE. Sticker was $75K, I paid $61K. I did have to shop nationwide. I bought the car in Colorado and had it shipped to Houston. 19 out of 20 dealers will pass on deals like that so you have to contact all of them. I also assume 99% of everything coming out of a dealer's mouth is a lie.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:45 AM   #12
harner

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:

ahm
We are fairly close from a regional standpoint. I say that because pricing seems to be a little different depending on where you go. I'm a few hours north in Eastern PA.

I was looking at used ZL1s initially, priced in the mid 50's at the time for a '17 with a few thousand miles was the going rate then in the area. I then saw some ZL1's listed a Chapman Chevy by the Philly airport for new going for like $56-58k. I went down there to look at one and it was still in transport. Terrible customer service aside, they rattled off the requirements needed to lock in that pricepoint and it was mostly ridiculous. College student, veteran, disabled, native american, purple skin, leper, 4 fingers missing, first child, Mustang owner... okay maybe some of that is wrong, but there were many stipulations to the price point approvals.

Feeling majorly discouraged, I was called by another dealership that also had a car in transport on my way home from Chapman. We talked for almost an hour about cars in general. I went to Patriot Chevy and bought the car in August 2018 new, HBM A10 Sunroof and no PDR, no nav. $64k out the door after taxes and tags and whatnot. Traded in my 2011 CTS-V.

In October, the sales guy from Chapman called me back and said the car was in stock lol. Anyway, I think around $60k is realistic for new. New ZL1's aren't exactly flying off the shelves. You should be able to scoop up a low mile used car in the low 50's. Get a good interest rate and refinance if you have to. That is the key if you can't buy it outright. Also shop around for insurance.

Good luck.
1994 Trans Am LM7/CPT 4L60E/9"
1987 IROC
2006 Silverado
harner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:56 AM   #13
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Well ahm, it was a good deal for me and I would like to see you get a new one for $55,000! Good luck on that and once you find out pricing on ZL1s, welcome to the real world!��
Old 01-13-2020, 10:12 AM   #14
amolaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
I just got 18% off msrp on a ZL1 1LE. Sticker was $75K, I paid $61K. I did have to shop nationwide. I bought the car in Colorado and had it shipped to Houston. 19 out of 20 dealers will pass on deals like that so you have to contact all of them. I also assume 99% of everything coming out of a dealer's mouth is a lie.
And 18% off 68k would be 55k and change.. I do see a lot more 1le's on the lots - maybe those are harder to move and getting larger discounts?

Well, I've started contacting dealers. The first task is finding one with a car I want (options wise). Then we'll see how low I can get (before my patience runs out) I am shopping nationwide - makes next to no difference to me where it is, although something farther than 1000mi would be a bit more of a challenge logistically.

If I can't get well into the 50's, I'll be back shopping used, but hoping I can find the right deal.

Thanks to everyone so far - hoping we hear more.

ahm