Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 08-12-2018, 07:26 AM   #1
Psitsi

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro, 2002 z28
Fuel leak at tank

10 Camaro SS/L99 Stock beside CAI/muffler delete/tune. Developed a fuel leak at passenger side rear tire area. Looks to be leaking from the top of the tank. Only leaks when fuel pump is energized otherwise it will drain the line and stop. I'm guessing my only choice is to drop the suspension and tank to inspect. Not sure how it happened, I was on a pretty rough road and it was raining heavily. Maybe the tank moved around enough to jar a line loose. Is there a return line or just a pressure line? I searched but couldn't find this specific problem. Also couldn't find a procedure on dropping the tank, just arguments about cutting a trap door. Any advice appreciated.
Psitsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #2
Psitsi

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro, 2002 z28
Pulled the back seat and the wiring grommet and the fuel leak is at the pump. Now.... to take the cars virginity and make a trap door or be professional and pull the tank.
Psitsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:16 AM   #3
Synner

Drives: cars
So you think using a cutting wheel directly over a fuel leak is a good idea?
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Use tin snips or a cutter not a wheel that generates sparks. Make sure you have less than 1/4 tank if you have to pull the pump. Pump removal spanner is nice to have for this job.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote