Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 03-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Quoting/replies notification?

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn on notifications for when someone quotes a post you made or comments in a thread you made? I came from a forum for a different car with this exact same layout and use to get notifications of such things so im not sure if its possible with this one.
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to turn on notifications for when someone quotes a post you made or comments in a thread you made? I came from a forum for a different car with this exact same layout and use to get notifications of such things so im not sure if its possible with this one.
When you, specifically, are quoted? Not that I know of. But you can set things so that after you've posted in a thread you will get a notice the next time someone else makes a post.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:20 PM   #3
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Yeah, you can change your subscription settings, and then notifications on threads, but nothing specifically about being quoted. I don't think vbulletin handles that.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:58 PM   #4
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

i will check the settings for that, I don't want to know what everyone says in a large thread but I'd like to know when someone is responding or questioning me specifically you know what I mean?
Old 04-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
i will check the settings for that, I don't want to know what everyone says in a large thread but I'd like to know when someone is responding or questioning me specifically you know what I mean?
No can do, as far as I know.

I've been on forums for 15 years, give or take, and I follow threads to see if there is anything interesting being said in them -regardless of whether its directed at me. I learn more about the topic & the site gets better discussions that way.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:21 PM   #6
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
No can do, as far as I know.

I've been on forums for 15 years, give or take, and I follow threads to see if there is anything interesting being said in them -regardless of whether its directed at me. I learn more about the topic & the site gets better discussions that way.
very true