Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #519
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
I originally had a tune from Steve for my JBA shorty headers and high flow cats. I recently picked up a set of Kooks long tube headers and high flow cats and plan on installing this weekend so I emailed Steve this morning for a revised tune and he sent me a revised tune within a hour of my email. You can't beat the service RDP provides and the tunes are amazing! They really wake the car up!

Thankyou sir

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power ACT Aeroforce Kooks Husky AWE Gforce GForce SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC FIC
dynosteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:35 PM   #520
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Steve-

Thanks on the quick turn-around on my retune for lower gears!! I know I can
always count on you to get me what I need in a hurry.
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:03 PM   #521
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
Steve-

Thanks on the quick turn-around on my retune for lower gears!! I know I can
always count on you to get me what I need in a hurry.
your most welcome kind sir

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power ACT Aeroforce Kooks Husky AWE Gforce GForce SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC FIC
Old 12-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #522
zlathim

I'm still going to be able to use the tuner I purchased from you previously just as I always have, right? This just affects tuners sold after Jan 2nd?
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Old 12-07-2018, 04:40 PM   #523
The Wanderer

Drives: Blaze Red 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
Due to SCT's Legal Issues with the EPA alot of Tuning Parameters are going to be deleted from the software from January 2nd, this will effect header installations Fuel System upgrades Supercharging etc, if you currently have mods and wanting to get them fitted and tuned and programmers bought this needs to be done before 30th of December this Year, PM me or give me a call on 440 358 5500 for more information.
Will this effect cars that have bolt ons and have already been tuned?
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #524
Roader

Drives: Camaro
I was hoping to wait but you guys tuned a stock 2015 GMC Sierra or Silverado? Wondering if it’s worth it to get the trans shifting better but the overall difference customers have seen.
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #525
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roader View Post
I was hoping to wait but you guys tuned a stock 2015 GMC Sierra or Silverado? Wondering if it’s worth it to get the trans shifting better but the overall difference customers have seen.
Certainly well worth it sir

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 12-08-2018, 12:48 PM   #526
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 Type LT
Quote:
Due to SCT's Legal Issues with the EPA alot of Tuning Parameters are going to be deleted from the software from January 2nd, this will effect header installations Fuel System upgrades Supercharging etc, if you currently have mods and wanting to get them fitted and tuned and programmers bought this needs to be done before 30th of December this Year, PM me or give me a call on 440 358 5500 for more information.
We can complain, curse, but that's probably all.
But still here in Europe, emission issues are far worse.
Even petrol engines must have a particulate filter (for example new Bullitt)
You still have the situation better.

We will see how the situation develops.
Perhaps it will not be so bad.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #527
George-CZ

Quote:
Europe is certainly alot harder, i have been there several times and i do alot of remote tuning for shops there and you have the highest emission standards in the world
These bad "waves" in Europe are done by Germany.
They were cheating with VW emissions and now they play the greatest ecologists on Earth

They have already enforced a ban on the operation of internal combustion engines in parts of their territory, and in the future they want to push for a complete ban on fossil-fueled engines.
Only electric vehicles.

And the rest of Europe yes yes yes ...
Like Germany, we'll do that too.

It is bad.

Sorry for

Last edited by George-CZ; 12-10-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #528
zlathim

I found this letter on another site.

"Dear Advantage licensees,
In accordance with our Consent Decree with the EPA, effective January 2, 2019, we will implement tiered access for dealers using our Advantage Tuning Software. Prior to this, you will be required to complete our Customer Verification and Training Programs to continue to have access to parameters in Advantage after that date.
There are two steps you will have to take in order to continue to access Advantage software after January 2nd:
1. Verification. In the coming days, you will receive an email inviting you to fill out a 5 minute survey through our Learning Management System. Click the link in the email to complete the questions.
2. Training. Following your verification, we will send you an email to complete the Customer Training Program. This 30 minute self-directed training involves reading a presentation and taking a short quiz to confirm your knowledge of the covered topics. You will need to score 100%, but you may take the quiz as many times as necessary.
If you complete the Customer Verification and Training Programs before January 2nd, you will continue your access to Advantage without issue. Based on your responses, the only change you may experience after that date will be the level of parameters you will be permitted to access.
We will be limiting parameter access after January 2nd in accordance with our consent decree.
• Tier 1 – "Professional"
Parameters such as Tire Size, Axle Ratio, Shift Patterns, and other Transmission Controls. Those that have no effect on emissions.
• Tier 2 – "Calibrator"
Fueling, Timing and other Engine Controls which, upon review, have a legitimate use when calibrating a street vehicle but may have an effect on emissions.
• Tier 3 – "Research and Development" (R&D)
Parameters which directly affect emissions/diagnostics controls and do not have a legitimate use when calibrating a street vehicle.
• Note: This will not affect any user defined parameters or value files.
We are always available to answer any questions. Please contact our Customer Success Team at any time. In the meantime, below are answers to FAQs you may have:
Q: How does this affect my Advantage software?
A: Advantage software does not change. In accordance to our Consent Decree with EPA, we have to limit access to certain parameters and determine that access for each dealer based on their expressed required use of Advantage.
Q: What will be done with my personal information?
A: By completing the Customer Verification and Training Programs, you qualify to have your information kept private. We will not release your personal information to EPA. We will only use your personal information as an internal record of your completion of the programs and to ensure you are given the correct level of access to Advantage parameters.
Q: When does this information need to be submitted by?
A: You must finish the Customer Verification and Training Programs by January 2, 2019 to see the least impact on your current Advantage Support.

Derive Systems is committed to providing the best custom tuning software to our dealers while we work in accordance with our Consent Decree. We look forward to your continued business.
Any questions, please respond to Compliance@DeriveSystems.com"

I am assuming that all of the talk about "licensees" taking mandatory training and filling out surveys isn't directed toward end users like myself, rather guys like DynoSteve that actually manipulate the software.
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
Hotchkis sub-frame brace

Last edited by zlathim; 12-12-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:58 AM   #529
zlathim

Quote:
No this is directed towards tuners with the SCT Advantage Software and at this point no one has ever recieved any more information or this test or anything and being that they have a 2nd jan deadline on it these all seems very Odd and strange
Well, what it means to me is that I need to get with you to get a cam kit ordered before the deadline so that you can still write me a tune. I know I told you that I would call this week, and I still hope to. I'm dealing with an issue with the shop that is installing my gears right now, after that I need a set of tires. I'll balance the race budget after that so I know how much I can spend on a cam and related components. Talk to you soon.
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Old 12-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #530
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Is this going to be a problem for HPTUNERs as well. I may be switching.
Back In The Saddle - Earley 2010 2SS IBM A6 #10244 Built - Roto-Fab CAI, Muffler/CAT Delete, 17" Mickey Thompson ET DRs, RDP Tune, ZL1 Fuel Pump, BW Stage II Ported TB, Speed Engineering 1-7/8" Longtubes, ZEX Nitrous 150HP Shot, Lingenfelter 160* Stat, NGK TR6IX Spark Plugs & Elite Catch Can, TCI Line Lock, JRE Trans Dipstick, BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Rods, 11.6 sec @ 120 mph - 1.59 sec 60' - 1/4 mile pass Check Out My Youtube Channel For 5th Gen Camaro Drag Racing & How To Mods https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyG...GR9gDm6PO-27rg
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #531
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
I use HPT, I haven't seen any announcements from them yet about whether or not this will have an impact on their product.

But even if it does, it would probably mean future use, and you just keep the software you currently have.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS | 1968 Camaro SS | 2000 Monte Carlo SS | 2018 Regal TourX
ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #532
George-CZ

Quote:
I feel that HP Tuners and all other tuning software will get hit with the same issues, some software like sct needs to be online to tune the vehicle others like hp tuners doesnt, however when you do a update or update tuner credits this is when it will effect your software capabilites but as i mentioned this is just my thoughts on it but the EPA is getting very aggressive, look at the CA Carb Laws they just fined JEGS Millions of dollars for selling tuners and cai units into CA.
Will you write a verdict what has changed and how will it affect us end users please?
After the 2nd of january of course.

Tags
rdp email dyno tuning