Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #15
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biergut View Post
Obviously, I've have not used them yet, but I've always been very happy with Pagid pads with all my other track cars. I've also found they last longer and are a bit easier on rotors (iron), however, don't have that initial hard bite of say some of the PFC pads. I don't think I will get more than about 15 days of track out of the ceramics judging by my friends with them on their Z06s, but who knows... maybe I'll be surprised. There is just a part of me that wants to try the ceramics for no other reason than to try them. I'm 98% certain the car will have iron Girodisc rotor for the 2020 track season.
If you haven't yet, read the full thread on these sintered pads for ceramics. Seems like a no brainer for the price of the pads and the longevity of the OEM rotors. Bite of the brakes greatly increased too

Racing Brake sintered pads
https://www.racingbrake.com/category-s/7272.htm

As used by fellow forum member who has a track/race only Z/28 (The manufacturer chimes in as well throughout the thread)
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...t=racing+brake
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:08 PM   #16
td195f

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #786
The Z/28 pads are the same front and rear pads as used on the CCM Corvettes and many exotics. I have seen a Ferrari with the CCM Brakes and the only difference with the front caliper between the Ferrari and the Z/28 was the color of the caliper and what it said on it. Oh yeah...I'm betting the replacement cost of the one that says Ferrari is a little higher. Brembo basically makes one six piston front caliper and one four piston rear caliper for CCM and sells it to GM, Ferrari, McLaren, Aston Martin, Lamborghini and Nissan for the GT-R. BMW and Porsche do there own thing and you'll pay a fortune for parts for them.
As Biergut knows I'm a big fan of the Racing Brake Sintered Metal Pads. We've traded PMs about them. Used them all last year with no rotor wear and great brake performance.
2015 Z/28 #786 - Black
2004 Silverado 3500 Dually - D'Max - Suncoast - Banks - Edge - Custom Tune by D'Max Tuner / Spitzer '32 Bantam Altered Drag Car - Blown Alcohol 380 CI Small Block Chevy
td195f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:42 AM   #17
Tankslapper

Drives: Z28
Digging up this thread, it’s time for me to change the pads.

Has anyone tried the Pagids rs19 or RSC-1?

Looks like the rs19s are 450bucks which I thought was pretty reasonable

Pag 8019 rs19 they are for the Ferrari scud I guess they fit?

Any recommendations?
Cheers

Steve
Tankslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:57 PM   #18
dardbrown

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28
Can I replace the carbon ceramic rotors with steel rotors as sacrificial track rotors?
dardbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:36 PM   #19
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
Has anyone had any experience with carbotech pads ? A lot of the corvette guys use them from what I’ve seen.
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:42 AM   #20
Biergut

Drives: '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dardbrown View Post
Can I replace the carbon ceramic rotors with steel rotors as sacrificial track rotors?
Of course. The most economical solution is GiroDisc.
Biergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:44 AM   #21
Biergut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankslapper View Post
Digging up this thread, it’s time for me to change the pads.

Has anyone tried the Pagids rs19 or RSC-1?

Looks like the rs19s are 450bucks which I thought was pretty reasonable

Pag 8019 rs19 they are for the Ferrari scud I guess they fit?

Any recommendations?
Cheers

Steve
I have used the Pagid line of RSC pads made for ceramic rotors. They are great track pads, but they are expensive. The me, the RS19 pad is for iron rotors; I believe Pagid will tell you the same thing.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:51 AM   #22
Biergut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
Has anyone had any experience with carbotech pads ? A lot of the corvette guys use them from what I’ve seen.
There is a vendor on the Corvette Forum who posts, pushes and embellishes those pads each and every day. He is quite tiresome. I have never known (not saying there are none) any serious track person who had any luck with them... once folks gain some experience and their speed increases, they move to the more race proven pads for the track. (Pagid, PFC, Raybestos, etc...)

Then again I don't care for Wilwood brake calipers (hot rod show car) either... for some "odd" reason they seem to go hand in hand.

Just MHO.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:26 AM   #23
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
Quote:
There is a vendor on the Corvette Forum who posts, pushes and embellishes those pads each and every day. He is quite tiresome. I have never known (not saying there are none) any serious track person who had any luck with them... once folks gain some experience and their speed increases, they move to the more race proven pads for the track. (Pagid, PFC, Raybestos, etc...)

Then again I don't care for Wilwood brake calipers (hot rod show car) either... for some "odd" reason they seem to go hand in hand.

Just MHO.

Good to know thank you
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:39 PM   #24
dardbrown

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
I have used Carbotech pads on my Z06 and they worked great, long wear, stopped fast and easy on the steel rotors.
dardbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:11 PM   #25
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Stock AC Delco pads

So I’m looking at street pads for now. Are the AC Delco pads ok or not? I wanted to keep it as stock as possible except for things like stainless steel flex brake lines and I got speigler lines for those.
Thanks for any input on factory pads.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:58 PM   #26
Biergut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
So I’m looking at street pads for now. Are the AC Delco pads ok or not? I wanted to keep it as stock as possible except for things like stainless steel flex brake lines and I got speigler lines for those.
Thanks for any input on factory pads.
The stock Z/28 pads are outstanding. Mine were made by Pagid. I am not certain how many different manufacturers GM may have used for them.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:16 PM   #27
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
The stock Z/28 pads are outstanding. Mine were made by Pagid. I am not certain how many different manufacturers GM may have used for them.
Thanks

That’s who I heard made them. The least expensive was summit and free shipping with tax=$500 frt/$400 rear. I’m sure if I looked or waited longer I could find a better price.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:55 AM   #28
SIM GhostrdrZ

AC Delco rear pads

I ended up getting tears from rock auto and fronts from summit. Received tears from rock auto. The GM packaging is the worst I’ve ever had for brake pads. All pads and wiring all just loose in box. It might be repackaged, anyone have a different experience? Everything looks fine so maybe it’s no big deal. Looks like pagid has its name on pads.
I’ll see how fronts come packaged (GM packaging) in a few days.
Attached Images