Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-31-2020, 12:49 AM   #113
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicster View Post
I spun my Red ZL1 to 6800rpm on stock lower end, the tuner at TMS wanted to spin it to 7000rpm. We did so on the dyno but HP never peeked, I still lowered it to 6800rpm to protect the lower end.
I have not turned on my VVE yet, want to get my spark table a little better. I have been monitoring my knock very closely, and I pull a little extra spark before smoothing it out. The engine makes plenty of power I do not want to risk damaging something because of being greedy.
I will lower my RPM after the dyno, set it up as a max limit for them.I think 7000rpm will be fine with the forged parts. Will have to wait and see. I also add 1 qt of Torco octane boost per tank of gas just as a buffer.

If you feel like it drop your tune into a zip and upload, I am always interested in checking out tunes. Everyone focuses in different areas to accomplish their goals. I like the start up VrOOOm, so I tweaked my startup air to allow it to rev up when engine is warm.
I always thought it was good planning to do a quick adjust of the VVE to be close or even rich just in case the MAF fails. I'de hate to see a MAF failure at WOT and the ECM falling back on a stock VVE. Might go lean, but hopefully the low octane table is still intact and useable.

I shoot my tune to your email.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:56 AM   #114
Vicster

Drives: 13' ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
I always thought it was good planning to do a quick adjust of the VVE to be close or even rich just in case the MAF fails. I'de hate to see a MAF failure at WOT and the ECM falling back on a stock VVE. Might go lean, but hopefully the low octane table is still intact and useable.

I shoot my tune to your email.
I agree, best to be safe. Thanks for the email.
Vicster is offline   Reply With Quote