Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 07-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #57
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
Earl..I was merely asking a question.I understand why you big time highrollers look down your noses at us little guys.Its ok,if it makes you feel better and helps you
make it through the day...everything is lovely. I don't mind at all.But Earl, I do have a small question for you. Why would you assume I only drive a "street" car? I happened to see that you were very nervous sitting in staging and asked why.I had no idea i had to be at least a top fuel driver to comment on your video.So,I understand now that I'm out of line and out of place so if you will excuse me I'll go back to my side of the track.

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #58
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
Earl..I was merely asking a question.I understand why you big time highrollers look down your noses at us little guys.Its ok,if it makes you feel better and helps you
make it through the day...everything is lovely. I don't mind at all.But Earl, I do have a small question for you. Why would you assume I only drive a "street" car? I happened to see that you were very nervous sitting in staging and asked why.I had no idea i had to be at least a top fuel driver to comment on your video.So,I understand now that I'm out of line and out of place so if you will excuse me I'll go back to my side of the track.

Well, now that you have taken basically every sentence out of context, we can't further our pointless discussion. That's too bad because I think we were all having fun here.

I think I said why I assumed you were comparing to a street car/night. Yep, I did.

The top fuel reference was only for reference. You don't have to be anything and you can be everything, it has no real bearing on the discussion.

Saying you will go back to your side of the track is a very very nice reference to your side of the tracks isn't it? Well done, sir. But don't be so hard on yourself. I am sure we have similar roots. After all, we are both human, we both have lives, and I am sure we both have our values. I did not mean to be condescending, I am sure my defensiveness has something to do with the tone of this thread so I have no problem apologizing if I had the wrong tone with you. Maybe your tone was ambiguous as well.

Now don't be a martyr. Life is too short to be so serious. And I'm not a high roller. It's easy to make assumptions isn't it?

BTW, I don't know where Union City is but TN is a beautiful state, I've driven through it 4 times and spent about 2 weeks there nonconsecutively. If I didn't have a thing for TX, I'd probably live there.
See ya around.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #59
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
Discount Tire is a good place to start.
I think one of the best drag radials that could still be used on the street are Nitto NT555R. I've seen some people run them on 18" C6 Z06 wheels (front). The NT555R's are also available in a 20" size, so you could use them on your stock wheels.

I believe the Nitto NTO5R is the latest drag radial offering. I know Pumpkin can run 12.20's on them.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #60
trans665

Drives: 2013 2ss
can you fit 18's corvette rims with the brembo's on?? so could i use my 18s from my c5 corvette on the rear of my camaro??
trans665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #61
John Deere Racer

Drives: 2013 zl1 m6
I got mine at discount tire

I have m/t dr
They also sale nittos

305 20s is what I have

592rwhp 616rwtq bolt ons only
www.mikenorrismotorsports.com
Www.lgmotorsports.com
John Deere Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #62
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
NTO5Rs vs MT drag radials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
do you need them to hook? nittos do not hook. Mickey Thompson hooks. nittos is for show.....
Super Chevy magazine did a same car same day back to back test of both the MT and the NT05Rs and determined that the best ETs were run with NT05s. Don't know what criteria you're using that determined that the NTs don't hook and are for show, but it appears the Super Chevy's tests dispute your findings. It was clear that you had to experiment with tire pressures on both to obtain the best grip. Just sayin'.

Here's the thread:

http://www.superchevy.com/technical/...t/viewall.html

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #63
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trans665 View Post
can you fit 18's corvette rims with the brembo's on?? so could i use my 18s from my c5 corvette on the rear of my camaro??
Yes, but you'll need spacers...
Old 07-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #64
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
I'm understanding that only the C5 Z06 rears at 18 X 10.5 rears or the C6 Z06 fronts in 18 X 10.5 will work with no clearance issues. Someone also said you had to Zip tie the hydraulic brake lines away from the wheels as well. Since I'm also interested in this setup, I hope someone can validate this information or give us the straight "skinny".

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #65
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Super Chevy magazine did a same car same day back to back test of both the MT and the NT05Rs and determined that the best ETs were run with NT05s. Don't know what criteria you're using that determined that the NTs don't hook and are for show, but it appears the Super Chevy's tests dispute your findings. It was clear that you had to experiment with tire pressures on both to obtain the best grip. Just sayin'.

Here's the thread:

http://www.superchevy.com/technical/...t/viewall.html
No I agree, the NT05 look like they have addressed some of the 555 issues. the 555s are well known to not hook. Hopefully Nitto figured it out this time! I was referring to the 555s in my posts.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #66
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Quote:
I'm understanding that only the C5 Z06 rears at 18 X 10.5 rears or the C6 Z06 fronts in 18 X 10.5 will work with no clearance issues. Someone also said you had to Zip tie the hydraulic brake lines away from the wheels as well. Since I'm also interested in this setup, I hope someone can validate this information or give us the straight "skinny".
That would be cool because those C5Z wheels are a dime a dozen!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #67
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Don't think so... The offset is not right and requires a spacer. I used to have C6 ZO6 fronts and this was definitely the case.

what you have to tie back is the e-brake line.

Why not just get the vette replicas w/ the Camaro offsets
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174122

Old 07-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #68
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Ok, on the vette wheel you'll need a 40 mm offset. Here's what you should do. PM Blazzin on here. That guy is the vette wheel pimp. He knows what will work and what's the best place. I got mine in 2009 but they were like $250 each. He can do much better.
Okay, I'll chime in....since Jamie has so eloquently named me the "vette wheel pimp"!!! Thanks Jamie!!! Not sure how I came to deserve such a prestigious title because to be honest guys, I have never owned a set of the Corvette Wheels (replicas or real ones) for my car. However, I have done a lot of research and reading up on them, so....

Quote:
Quote:
My understanding is that the C5 Z06 18x9.5 (+40mm offset) will fit the rear of our Camaros (with Brembos) without the use of any adapters or spacers. Yes, you will have to clamp back your emergency brake cables, which you will have to do with any 18" or smaller wheel. I'm not sure about the C6 wheels, but I would assume they would fit too (but I can't guarantee it). And yes, the bolt pattern on these is 5x4.75", and it will fit just fine. The difference is literally .03". If you not comfortable with the bolt pattern, then run some hubcentric rings with the wheels.

This place (http://www.wheelreplica.com/z06.html) used to sell a 18x10.5 (+53mm offset) that would also fit without any spacers or adapters. As seen here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174122

Mlee actually sold a few sets of them, but last I heard they were all gone, and that vendor was not planning on getting any more. I sure wish I would have bought a set of them when they were available!!! Maybe with enough "pressure", that wheel replica place will actually request some more???

Last edited by blazzin1; 07-13-2012 at 10:49 AM.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #69
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Don't think so... The offset is not right and requires a spacer. I used to have C6 ZO6 fronts and this was definitely the case.

what you have to tie back is the e-brake line.

Why not just get the vette replicas w/ the Camaro offsets
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174122

Dang Mike, you're quicker than me!!! That's what I get for being long-winded!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #70
trans665

Drives: 2013 2ss
great info. im going to go get my c5 zo6 wheels off my c5 later tonigt,and see whats up.
trans665 is offline   Reply With Quote