Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #3837
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Women want to ride in the SST and Men want to own the SST.

When I tell people about this car I find myself without the vocabulary skills to do it any justice at all.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #3838
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Well, even though we had the failure, I really can't get mad at Bowler at this point until we truly know what was the root cause of the failure. There are just too many variables.

I spoke with Mark and he really is a good guy. He is going to cover the cost of everything. He also went so far as to say he would pay to have the car shipped and would take care of everything at their shop. That is pretty darn incredible for a tranny.
Nice! Being that Bowler is kind'a on the Big Stage probably a good decision. Are you taking them up on there offer?

Old 10-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #3839
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
Thats truly incredible what Mark is willing to do for you! I'm glad your working on getting this sorted out. Have fun
Yes, I was both surprised and in disbelief at the same time. Talk about putting reputation above all - Pretty darn cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Is that a logger that installs in the vehicle? Similar to the ones used in pro racing (GPS, Camera inputs, etc...)?
Those are cool. If you don't mind me asking which vendor? I've been looking for prooper video setup without having to have numerous independant camera's with GPS option to map the track and log data.

This is the D200 made by Powertrain Control Solutions. It is a sunlight readable touchscreen solution. Heard about them since they do stuff for the military. The primary use of this is multiple sensor input, display and logging including GPS. For heavy video use I am sure there are better units out there. I will be using some of our Unmanned Vehicle technology to process video for this unit.

I could go on; But I'll just say cheers to the vendors who are stepping up to resolve the problem. I've read too many night-mares and experienced some myself.
Agreed. Mark Bowler did a major step up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
Ok that data logger is freaking awesome!!!!! Love all the technology going on with your ride!!!!
Bowler taking awesome care of you for good reason since this is by far the baddest 5th gen on the planet wouldn't you want your company invovled as well????
Thank You. Glad you like the SST, but there are many truly great Camaros on the roads out there - most on this site !!

As far as company stuff, we may borrow some of our internal technology, but it's just for personal use. Cars are a hobby. The only thought we did have was to put our Command and Control system into one of these and drive it around with a Droid phone, iPad, XBox or something. That would freak some people out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

When I tell people about this car I find myself without the vocabulary skills to do it any justice at all.
Ha, ha. Funny... We'll have to go out to eat again. The girls can sit in the back with helmets on...

P.S. Your driveshaft should be showing up (hopefully) soon.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #3840
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Excuse me. Women want to own the SST too.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #3841
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
glad you got some resolve. hopefully you took them up on there offer, let thm install tranny and fly nelson out there to run the piss out of it this time...while he and bowler are together...if there scared to run it hard, then its not right...i wanna see brake rotors glowing when they park it...then i know that it withstood some real punishment , which is what you had it built to do...good luck
Old 10-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #3842
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Ha, ha. Funny... We'll have to go out to eat again. The girls can sit in the back with helmets on...

P.S. Your driveshaft should be showing up (hopefully) soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Excuse me. Women want to own the SST too.
Sorry. lol
Old 10-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #3843
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
glad you got some resolve. hopefully you took them up on there offer, let thm install tranny and fly nelson out there to run the piss out of it this time...while he and bowler are together...if there scared to run it hard, then its not right...i wanna see brake rotors glowing when they park it...then i know that it withstood some real punishment , which is what you had it built to do...good luck
Trust me Mike, I will fly back out when the tranny install passes final inspection and hammer the crap out of it while they are both out there. As you know by now this is first and foremost a driver.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #3844
ask4yah

Drives: 2010camaro1ssrs
hopefully bowler wont just put a band aid on the tranny.
ask4yah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #3845
SSambumbia

Drives: 2ss/rs black/black
As far as company stuff, we may borrow some of our internal technology, but it's just for personal use. Cars are a hobby. The only thought we did have was to put our Command and Control system into one of these and drive it around with a Droid phone, iPad, XBox or something. That would freak some people out...

The first unmanned 1/4 mile world record holder
SSambumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #3846
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:

The only thought we did have was to put our Command and Control system into one of these and drive it around with a Droid phone, iPad, XBox or something. That would freak some people out...
Ok your new name is Michael Knight and you drive the Knight Industries Two Thousand (K.I.T.T.)

And this is what it will look like after the data collection equipment upgrade.
Attached Images

Last edited by armysig; 10-04-2011 at 03:48 PM.
armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #3847
4xchamp
MURC 666

Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
This thread is huge ! What an audience you've accumulated .
The cheers will be heard from coast to coast when your project concludes . ( this phase anyway )
I've got a feeling your never really done with anything , no matter how perfect .
Old 10-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #3848
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Ok your new name is Michael Knight and you drive the Knight Industries Two Thousand (K.I.T.T.)

Old 10-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #3849
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4yah View Post
hopefully bowler wont just put a band aid on the tranny.
Definitely not. Mark will personally ensure this is 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSambumbia View Post

The first unmanned 1/4 mile world record holder
Nah, we crazies need to be in the car to enjoy the fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post

Uh, that looks kinda familiar. Just not in a car... er at least a non-military car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xchamp View Post
This thread is huge ! What an audience you've accumulated .
The cheers will be heard from coast to coast when your project concludes . ( this phase anyway )
I've got a feeling your never really done with anything , no matter how perfect .
Thanks! I know we will be cheering down here. Then it will be drivin' time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
What face is that one? Looks like something from a Hellraiser movie..
Old 10-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #3850
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Hey Bud got stupid busy around here lately, I was not prepared this morning when I went south for parts. I am now ready for the next trip for parts, probably Friday morning. Care package coming.

Attached Images

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo