Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #43
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
Why does everyone stroke this guys ego so much? It's pretty pathetic. .
How about give credit where credit is due... Scott was instrumental in the return of the Camaro and has contributed heavily to this online community. He may not have any influence in this matter, but the respect shown for him here is well deserved.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #44
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
gm dealers do not rebuild engines,, your engine will be replaced with a gm reman engine and your original engine gets sent back to gm for a core.
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #45
sparaz
867-5309

Drives: 2010 CMG RS & 86 black Z28 3rd gen
I sent a e-mail to corporate complaining about my dealer once and they contacted me a day later and assigned me a case worker and everything. The mechaincs at the dealership were my best friends from then on, complimenting me, my car, and even detailing/waxing it... as their rating from the post service survey affects their jobs and dealership. I'd follow the same route, despite what some people are trying to say, GM does have pretty good customer service and public relations.
sparaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #46
pennor

Drives: 2011 2LT - 73 Corvette 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparaz View Post
I sent a e-mail to corporate complaining about my dealer once and they contacted me a day later and assigned me a case worker and everything. The mechaincs at the dealership were my best friends from then on, complimenting me, my car, and even detailing/waxing it... as their rating from the post service survey affects their jobs and dealership. I'd follow the same route, despite what some people are trying to say, GM does have pretty good customer service and public relations.
Agreed!!!!

Get the GM zone manager involved and they can shape up a balky dealer really quick.
pennor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #47
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
gm dealers do not rebuild engines,, your engine will be replaced with a gm reman engine and your original engine gets sent back to gm for a core.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=43

And that rebuild didn't go well.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #48
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
How about give credit where credit is due... Scott was instrumental in the return of the Camaro and has contributed heavily to this online community. He may not have any influence in this matter, but the respect shown for him here is well deserved.
Yeah, I'm sure a car that has out sold the competition in all but, what, 2 months since its debut would have NEVER come out if not for ONE person. Please.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #49
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
last time I checked, a car w/ 9,000 miles is no longer "new"('practically' new or slightly used, perhaps). But that's why there are warranties...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #50
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
They DID "try" to fix mine dude....

yo, Mr. Sonoma....

I have an LLT that they "fixed" and the rebuild had my parts spread all over a mechanics' bench down to the shortblock. They gave it back to me "rebuilt" and the check engine light lit up BEFORE I even left the dealership... It wouldn't start, misfiring so intensely that the hood shook violently before sputtering to a stop. The car died on me while I was driving along with my whole family in the car (good thing I was not on the highway at speed...)

When I brought it back to the dealer, they cleared the computer and told me to come on down to pickup my car, all was great! They did NOTHING other than clear the CEL's. I told them clearing a computer AIN'T fixing it as the source of the engine code is not dealt with... when I was going to bring back the loaner the next day, they couldn't even get it out of the garage! It's been two weeks since then.

Even if they did fix it "well enough" for now, it's the long term damage that cannot be seen "today" but will certainly impact the long term viability of the engine once out of warrantee. It's a very complex engine, much more so than the LS3/L99 series that are based on a single camshaft with pushrods. Most GM mechanics just don't know how to put one back together as it was by robots at the factory. THIS is the reason that I have opted to buy an SS as I should have in the first place! I cannot talk about how GM has started to work with me on this deal yet, but my current V6LLT car is leaving my stable for sure. There is NO WAY that I would keep a car that had an engine rebuild with so little mileage. Mine blew up at 6400 Miles.

How would you feel, Mr. Sonoma, if your engine was rebuilt with that type of mileage....would you feel good about it? What would YOU do?

eBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
OMG! 2 motors out of 164,000! it's an epidemic! Come on people. I had the same engine in my CTS. It's a great engine, but even a great design fails once in a while. While everyone here would much rather have a new engine (or not have the problem at all) I'm sure the rebuild will be fine too. Just ask for an extended warranty since it's supposed to be as good as new.

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!

Last edited by Camarodriver; 10-08-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spellng, grammar
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #51
CaliMattRS

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Manual
Mistakes do happen, hopefully just 1 or 2 out of 164k.

However we should do our best as a community to support those 1 or 2, in case next time it happens to you.
CaliMattRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #52
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
Why does everyone stroke this guys ego so much? It's pretty pathetic.
If you have to ask, then you obviously have never met or got to know the man. Just when you feel there's no one in GM listening to you...bend his ear. He'll listen. He's got his faults. Everyone does. But there's no doubt he cares a lot more than most about the Camaro and its owner community.

Regardless of what you think of him, he's certainly had more influence on helping to bring back the Camaro than you have at whatever level that happened to be. Single handedly? Perhaps not. But he was pushing hard on the inside on our behalf when he didn't have to. What did you do?

It appears you don't have much of a clue of what he means to the Camaro and GM community (and has helped me personally on more than one occasion as he has many others). If you did, you might garner a bit more respect for who he is, what he stands for, and how he rolls.

He's always been alright in my book and will always consider him as a friend. Go meet him sometime. After that, then you can make an INFORMED decision about whether or not he deserves your respect.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #53
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
CamaroDriver I haven't called because I was not able to get to the dealer yesterday, but I just did!

Here is the situation and I'd like some feedback from you guys:

Blown/Broken bearing on cylinder #4, the entire bottom end basically needs to be replaced. Today was day 23 and the tech and service manager themselves told me the parts are on back order and I probably won't get the car back until two weeks from today. If that is true that puts my car in the shop well over 30 days, about 36 to be more exact.
They didn't outright say it but they definitely implied that this is becoming a more widespread problem as the parts they need shouldn't be on back order.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #54
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Widespread....lets hope not. 2....maybe 3 cars reported here on the forums with this issue. Thats still too many in my mind, but its not as bad as it could be.....but man I have to admit I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this problem will only affect a few. Aside from the fact that I would HATE to have to go through this...Imagine how a widespread issue this hard to fix would affect the "new" GMs image?

This Camaro is a poster car for them.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #55
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
They didn't outright say it but they definitely implied that this is becoming a more widespread problem as the parts they need shouldn't be on back order.
How many other vehicles use the LLT? Has anyone heard of problems in non-Camaros?

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #56
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
How many other vehicles use the LLT? Has anyone heard of problems in non-Camaros?
Arcadias and Tranverses use the engine also. Along with caddys.

The only problem I ever heard with them in the arcadias/tranverses was that they had a tendecy to stretch the timing chains. But I had heard that problem was fixed by now.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote