Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
Sales@Hennessey

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Sales@Hennessey
Try before you buy - Engine Tuning!

Immediate Release!!!

We have a special offer where we are offering Camaro5.Com members to send their computers to us for Engine Tuning. We will flash the computer and send it back to you at the cost of only shipping. You will not be charged if you are not happy with the tune.

Details:
Price - $395 Special (Regular $595) + Shipping
When you call, your credit card will be on file and charged for only shipping. If you wish to keep the tune, you will be billed $395. If you are not happy with the tune, or wish to not keep it, you will need to return the tuned ecu to us for flashing back to stock.

We can tune the ECM for stock, cold air, catback, headers, supercharger or any combination of these mods. But it is very impressive on an otherwise stock L99/LS3 Camaro!
(Transmission Changes can only be done IN HOUSE on the L99 Automatics at this time)

This flashing can also be done here at our location with appointment. We also are offering a no charge to drag race your 2010 Camaro at our Drag strip this Saturday night. Full Details: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=hennessey

Thanks
Sales@Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
this is cool, thanks hennessey!
2000 (dealer received allocation):
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production):
3300 (scheduled for prod):
3400 (broadcast):
3800 (produced):
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped):
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
If only you were closer, and I actually had my Camaro....

Nice of you to offer though, thanks!

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Can you post some before and after specs, like with the Cold Air and Cat Back?
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Hennessey View Post
Immediate Release!!!

We have a special offer where we are offering Camaro5.Com members to send their computers to us for Engine Tuning. We will flash the computer and send it back to you at the cost of only shipping. You will not be charged if you are not happy with the tune.

Details:
Price - $395 Special (Regular $595) + Shipping
When you call, your credit card will be on file and charged for only shipping. If you wish to keep the tune, you will be billed $395. If you are not happy with the tune, or wish to not keep it, you will need to return the tuned ecu to us for flashing back to stock.

We can tune the ECM for stock, cold air, catback, headers, supercharger or any combination of these mods. But it is very impressive on an otherwise stock L99/LS3 Camaro!
(Transmission Changes can only be done IN HOUSE on the L99 Automatics at this time)

This flashing can also be done here at our location with appointment. We also are offering a no charge to drag race your 2010 Camaro at our Drag strip this Saturday night. Full Details: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=hennessey

Thanks
Awesome,
My question is do you have all the mapping for these bolt on upgrades? I would like to see a mapping graph to know how hot the tune is? Can you provide the info on a specific tune?
THANKS!!
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:55 AM   #6
klove

Drives: black 2SS RS
What would be the turn around time for flashing and then shipping. Also interesting in the effect on mpg for flashing both stock and with cai and exhaust. Is there a significant change?
klove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
Sales@Hennessey

Quote:
Originally Posted by klove View Post
What would be the turn around time for flashing and then shipping. Also interesting in the effect on mpg for flashing both stock and with cai and exhaust. Is there a significant change?

Flashing can be done in 1 business day. If you ship your computer overnight on Monday, it will be back to you on Wednesday if you choose Overnight shipping back.

MPG testing has not been tested, however should not be altered due to part throttle settings.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
What are the typical hp/torque increases you are seeing for the L99?

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #9
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
does that void our engine warranty??
Mods: American Racing Headers & Exhaust, Airaid Intake, Pfadt Front/Rear Sway Bars, Stealth Bulbs, AAC LED bowtie, AAC Concept LED Side-markers ABM/Tinted, 20% Tints, Chuck COW Tune, MGW shifter (blue with white racing stripes).

Coming Soon: 4:10 Gears?
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #10
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Take the time to answer sales questions, avoiding technical questions, I'll be looking elsewhere.
Unless they can provide you with map settings, I would consider it without a doubt a warranty void tune.
(please provide documents to prove me wrong)
Old 06-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #11
Sales@Hennessey

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
What are the typical hp/torque increases you are seeing for the L99?
We have seen an increase of 30rwhp with our ECU and TCU tuning. Obviously we need the car here to do the TCU tuning. ECU tuning alone has shown gains of 18-21hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanttogofastNY View Post
does that void our engine warranty??
If the dealership can prove that the modifications have caused the failure that you have taken the car in for, yes it will void that PART of the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
Take the time to answer sales questions, avoiding technical questions, I'll be looking elsewhere.
Unless they can provide you with map settings, I would consider it without a doubt a warranty void tune.
We are here to assist all members and all customers. We value everyones business and will make a better attempt to reach the forums more often. All our customers who have called and emailed can attest that we have answered all their questions completely.

Speak to you soon,
James
Old 06-23-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
Sales@Hennessey

Quote:
Awesome,
My question is do you have all the mapping for these bolt on upgrades? I would like to see a mapping graph to know how hot the tune is? Can you provide the info on a specific tune?
THANKS!!
Please contact our tuner at the shop, 979-885-1300 and ask for Brian McMahan. He would be able to provide you some information on the tune, however will not provide you the MAP itself, that is the tune!
Old 06-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #13
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Are you serious? You're getting pissed because they won't show you the map? Probably because they don't want to give it away for people to copy who have their own tuning software. Nice try for a free tune though.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #14
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Sorry DOG, not my intention. No hidden agenda or I would have been far more creative then this. Simple mind,simple conclusion.
Be very careful of throwing out accusations.
And if you don't care how lean and hot your timing adjustments are being tweaked to get those gains, you go right on ahead.

Last edited by CGM2SSRS; 06-24-2009 at 03:57 PM.