Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 06-25-2015, 07:16 PM   #15
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
I think all those top brands have high quality fluids. I put Amsoil SS ATF in my tranny.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #16
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvydvr View Post
I have used Redline 85 Plus in my '06 Chevy Diesel since I bought it new. An "old-timer" with and older Cummins (notorious for injector problems) turned me on to it when he said he uses it and has never changed anything except the water pump and he had 375,000 miles on it. That got my attention and respect. Both Redline and Royal Purple are names I know... and also Amsoil...
Beautiful i'll look into redline. I just know that Royal purple is expensive but "supposed" to be the best, but now that alot of you have used Redline I can feel comfortable with that product too
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:54 PM   #17
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I still need to do this
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:50 PM   #18
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I've noticed with mine that since the weather has gotten much warmer, the 2nd to 1st downshift feels more notchy. Sometimes it's seems that some of the shifts don't want to go where I want them to go. I've been on the fence about switching, but if this persists, I'll be switching to either Redline or Amsoil.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #19
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I've noticed with mine that since the weather has gotten much warmer, the 2nd to 1st downshift feels more notchy. Sometimes it's seems that some of the shifts don't want to go where I want them to go. I've been on the fence about switching, but if this persists, I'll be switching to either Redline or Amsoil.
why would you ever 2 -> 1 ????
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:00 PM   #20
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Quote:
why would you ever 2 -> 1 ????
Here goes the B bunch.....Yes please tell us! Sounds like a money shift in the making huh Bizaro..
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:19 AM   #21
mrebusa

Drives: 14' 2SS 1LE
Excited to do this!

Soon:
mrebusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #22
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebusa View Post
Excited to do this!
2nd to 1st??? Lol, do you guys think that it could also just be the fact that the fluid has been changed or because you used a different brand than what gm put in??? I was thinking about having my garage do the change but still use the factory recommended fluid in case there were any warranty issues I guess my question would be that in just putting the same fluid in but new would result in better shifts as well?
Old 06-26-2015, 01:15 PM   #23
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Its the different fluid, mine was crap from the day I picked it up brand new.
Like a different car now.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:38 PM   #24
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
I want to do this soon, hopefully within the next week. Summit has the Royal Purple for $15.95 a quart. Will 4qts suffice or should I buy a spare? Also, I may go to the base hobby shop where they have lifts. If I can't get a "drive onto" lift and have to use the one with "arms" where should I place them (it may be really obvious if I just look)? Any tips or bits of wisdom from those of you who've done this and can make it easier for me? Plastic tubing through the engine compartment for filling? Thanks for the help.
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #25
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Yes, 4 qts is enough. I used the Amsoil Torque Drive fluid and huge difference. To the point my wife noticed how quiet the shifter was now after the change. So far it's been a great improvement.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:47 PM   #26
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Interested in this as well .
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 04:21 PM   #27
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Quote:
I want to do this soon, hopefully within the next week. Summit has the Royal Purple for $15.95 a quart. Will 4qts suffice or should I buy a spare? Also, I may go to the base hobby shop where they have lifts. If I can't get a "drive onto" lift and have to use the one with "arms" where should I place them (it may be really obvious if I just look)? Any tips or bits of wisdom from those of you who've done this and can make it easier for me? Plastic tubing through the engine compartment for filling? Thanks for the help.
I used 1/2" plastic tubing (Home Depot) and ran it down from near the master cylinder right into the fill hole on the drivers side.
Just snip the top of the point on the cap of each bottle of fluid and stick the 1//2" hose onto it. I also punctured a hole in the bottom of the plastic bottle while filling to let air in for a smoother flow.

This is a VERY SIMPLE job to do.
4 quarts is all you will need.

Do it ASAP, best mod so far !!
Old 06-26-2015, 09:56 PM   #28
cajun1le
The Mechanic

Drives: a sports car
Quote:
Any tips or bits of wisdom from those of you who've done this and can make it easier for me? Plastic tubing through the engine compartment for filling? Thanks for the help.
At work I made a pump setup by using a 3/8" marine fuel priming bulb, 3/8" clear hose, and a Napa 3033 fuel filter. It seems to work pretty good at pumping fluids in tight spaces. I hope this helps.

SSMY1LE,

Was your transmission fluid clear or did it have a slight haze/cloudy consistency to it?
cajun1le is offline   Reply With Quote