Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
C5 Fest Suggestions

Okay, so I loved C5 Fest last year and thought the committee did a great job, However, as a former Event coordinator for several different Organizations I thought maybe a suggestion box Thread may be useful, and I will start the first suggestion.

It would be a great idea to place an easel capable of holding a 2x3 posterboard, dry erase board in the Lobby of the Host Hotel and Overflow hotels with the schedule and any announcements for changes in times locations or additions to the schedule.

Oh and someone else suggested a list of places to eat on a thread but I would go one further then that, maybe we can get a club discount for advertiseing the restaurant to our participants if we talk to the GM's of the Restaurants ?

Last edited by lawdog; 01-14-2013 at 12:32 PM.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #2
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Suggestion: Can the event be longer? It is nearly impossible to participate in both Autocross and Drag Racing. As a participate that attempted to do it last year as told I could, it would be much more enjoyable to have separate days dedicated to each event so everyone could do both events. I was forced by organizers to drag then cut line in the autocross in order to keep my same position. It caused headaches for all, not to mention I had to run without cool off time. Both are great events and both are great fun, but both could/should be stand alone events! That's my suggestion. Anyone else agree/disagree?
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Great suggestion lawdog and we have been discussing this very subject of announcements and schedule. I really like your dry erase board idea.

As for restaurants maybe we could get some volunteers or committee to tackle this one. Another great idea

Smkymts - I agree as I myself didn't get to participate in AutoX w/ my brand new ZL1... ughhhh. Due to virtually thousands of $$ the fest won't be extended a day, but we are going to address your suggestion this year. In fact this is our main focus as we plan the competitions around each other. We definitely don't want to shut one down so we can run the other, but competitons should not be run at the same time. You yourself can choose AC on day one and drags on day two or vice versa. When we call up classes for drag competition they run through pretty fast and it's back to test and tune. But we will try to open things up more, especially on Friday. More to come when those threads start up.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
#1 - More hydration stations available for race event participants. Since you have to have your car empty and can't really be walking back & forth between vendors & race venues, staying hydrated in the heat becomes a challenge. Personally I can't drink Dasani water (due to the potassium additives) and that was all you could buy.

#2 When you decide on rules, make sure you plan to enforce the ones you adopt. I was a bit miffed to see guys racing at autocross in their shorts & I was sweltering in pants. Now I realize there is a difference between me in my bootie shorts and guys in their long shorts but still.

#3 And yeah, better coordination for folks who want to participate in multiple drag classes & also some Camarocross.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #5
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
also, if there is going to be open test and tune time, for those not competing, that should be posted. (not that there is time, but if there is, etc)
Old 01-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
also, if there is going to be open test and tune time, for those not competing, that should be posted. (not that there is time, but if there is, etc)
It's all test n tune if you want. The only time it was anything other is the head to head brackets at the end but those go very fast. Even if you are called up by your class it can still be test and tune for you. You don't have to compete. All day Friday will be test and tune this year.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
#1 - More hydration stations available for race event participants. Since you have to have your car empty and can't really be walking back & forth between vendors & race venues, staying hydrated in the heat becomes a challenge. Personally I can't drink Dasani water (due to the potassium additives) and that was all you could buy.

#2 When you decide on rules, make sure you plan to enforce the ones you adopt. I was a bit miffed to see guys racing at autocross in their shorts & I was sweltering in pants. Now I realize there is a difference between me in my bootie shorts and guys in their long shorts but still.

#3 And yeah, better coordination for folks who want to participate in multiple drag classes & also some Camarocross.
1) Good point on the water.

2) As far as I know the rules for pants were drag racing rules and I did see you drag racing as well as AC. This rule for drags will not change.

3) Working on it.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
LETTING SKIPINMINN be the first to KNOW the host Hotel LOL
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Have some better signage at the venue and hotel to let the participants know where the specific events are being held and maybe some maps at the site. Continue the excellent vendors. Start auto events earlier in the day for cooler temperatures and more time between morning and afternoon events. Have volunteer coordinators for some of the events. Notify attendees as to which moderator is coordinating which part of the event.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I would like to see night time drag racing. Cooler temps, better times...Better comfort when geared up.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
That right there is a thought when you are talking about August. A local map with resturants, stores & places of interest would be helpful. And make sure the hotel fully staffs it's resturants, bars, etc, as apparently this is a crew with a lot of folks that just want to stay close by.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
An event map/schedule. Last year we didn't know about the packets till day 2. Made day 1 at the track kinda confusing as where to park and all.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #13
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Try the Beaver Bar, right around the corner from The Hard Rock downtown.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #14
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
An event map/schedule. Last year we didn't know about the packets till day 2. Made day 1 at the track kinda confusing as where to park and all.
Being local and not staying at the host hotel I had no idea packets were even given out

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote