Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
brettsimons

Drives: 2011 Automatic Camaro 2SS
Help the new guy :)

Hey guys,
I'm new here and was looking for some advice! I found this Dynomax cat back exhaust system for a steal! Only $550.89 with Prime Shipping! And after the things I've read about it and the price, I couldn't resist! But now after a bit of searching for headers, I think I found the right one... this JBA 6813S 1-7/8" long tube header with 3" collector. Since this is the first time of buying an exhaust, I have no idea what else I need. I'm pretty sure I also need these mid pipes for connecting the headers to the cat back system but I'm not sure (yes, I'm going catless ). Am I right? And are there any other options for connecting the mid pipes that are less than $255? Do I need to get JBA? And lastly, will all of this connect using only band clamps or will I need to take parts to my friend for some welding? Oh and I'd like to keep as much on Amazon as possible so I can get that free Two-Day shipping!

I love this forum and am looking forward to everyone's feedback!

Thanks,
Brett

Edit: The JBA headers come with "starter flanges" so you don't need to buy the mid pipe if you can weld!

Last edited by brettsimons; 01-22-2013 at 08:10 PM.
brettsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
When you order long tube headers you will need a connection pipe. You need to order the same brand, JBA headers will need the JBA connection pipe as they are all custom to each other. The connection pipe will connect your headers to your catback. We sell the JBA system and they will bolt right up to your catback without welding.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
brettsimons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
When you order long tube headers you will need a connection pipe. You need to order the same brand, JBA headers will need the JBA connection pipe as they are all custom to each other. The connection pipe will connect your headers to your catback. We sell the JBA system and they will bolt right up to your catback without welding.
Thanks for the info! I visited your website and like the price haha I would be glad to give a forum supporter a sale especially when the price is better than where I was originally looking!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
If the headers don't come with them, you will also need the rear o2 sensor harness extensions also.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
brettsimons

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
If the headers don't come with them, you will also need the rear o2 sensor harness extensions also.
Well funny story is I've been trying all week to get the XS Power full exhaust system but they are apparently "Currently in production with no estimated completion date" but I found that out after ordering the basics like the rear O2 extensions... I only posted this because I'm not ordering a full system anymore and had no idea what I needed between the cat back and headers and if the connector pipe was interchangeable with other less expensive options...
Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #6
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Texas speed headers are made with 304SS and come with catless mid pipes for the same price as those headers without mids. As for the rear O2 extensions, they are turned off when you tune it. That means you don't need them anymore. They are only there to tell the computer if the cats are working properly. They do absolutely nothing from a tuning standpoint. Most of us just ziptie the car harness wires up so they don't get in the way of anything.

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-2168-te...ro-ss-62l.aspx
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #7
huitt06

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
Tsp are great...
Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 AM   #8
brettsimons

I've been reading up on headers for the past couple of days and have heard great things about everything from kooks to OBX and TSP but with my budget and some more in depth, last minute research into TSP (inspired by you guys), I'm pretty comfortable with my choice of JBA headers and catless mid pipes with the dynomax cat back 3" exhaust system! I'll be sure to post a video when it's on next weekend!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #9
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Can't wait to hear the video.

Welcome to Camaro5 and say goodbye to your normal internet browsing, as this site is super addictive!!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #10
brettsimons

Well I got everything installed yesterday and holy cow does this thing roar! I'm extremely happy with everything and plan on having a video up this weekend! I have to say I was also happily surprised to gain enough horsepower that I could actually feel it after the install of the headers! But thanks to Juiced1 for the help in making sure I got everything right!

Edit: And for anyone wondering yes the Dynomax cat-back exhaust system does have some drone at highway speeds and unfortunately it got worse with the install of the JBA headers so I will be trying out some J-Pipes!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #11
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Ill look for you (or listen for you lol) this weekend. My fiancée works in Clearwater and drives synergy green camaro with flat black stripes if you ever see her. She's contemplating getting a new exhaust as well
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #12
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettsimons View Post
Well I got everything installed yesterday and holy cow does this thing roar! I'm extremely happy with everything and plan on having a video up this weekend! I have to say I was also happily surprised to gain enough horsepower that I could actually feel it after the install of the headers! But thanks to Juiced1 for the help in making sure I got everything right!

Edit: And for anyone wondering yes the Dynomax cat-back exhaust system does have some drone at highway speeds and unfortunately it got worse with the install of the JBA headers so I will be trying out some J-Pipes!
Excellent!

Post up a video when you get a chance.
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #13
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
One fun night at the track, and the bug bites ya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettsimons View Post

Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Dyno results are always welcome.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro ss, dynomax, exhaust, headers, jba