Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-22-2017, 03:30 PM   #43
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Watching how some of the guys my daughter played hockey with drive around town I cant disagree more. Teenagers driving high powerd cars is hardly the norm. For every one that can....tbere are alot more that cant.
It all in the type of person they are not necessarily their age. Do some teenagers take things to far? Yep. So do many adults.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #44
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Be grateful and proud of the ride as is. Only thing is you need tint. It'll make it a bit more sinister and not too pricey. Many happy miles!
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #45
grandpamike

Drives: 2014 2lt rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden2031 View Post
Thank you to all for the suggestions! Great advise from all. For some a car is a car but this car is like my child at 17. I do most of the things you guys have suggested already. In the town I try to drive my safest. Only been to the track once and got to make 3 passes so haven't really gotten to explore the cars potential to much. But I live in a small town and going fast isn't the biggest deal for me.

Thanks again to all for the suggestions and amazing support!
you sound like a responsible 17 year old. I would just enjoy the car for now. I wouldn't drive it real hard, remember, what breaks you have to fix. lol. new tires, transmissions and engines aren't cheap. don't let anyone talk you into things your not comfortable doing. have fun and be safe.
grandpamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:14 PM   #46
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Yes of course I have older guys all the time coming up to me either really impressed but sometimes they can be somewhat mean. Like telling me to give my dads car back or what not.

Thanks to everyone that has sent feedback I really appreciate it. Like many of you have suggested just keep it clean and only do looks and small things, that is my plan. The car is plenty for me now I would rather just personalize it with small things.

Thank again to all for the support!
Well anyone who talks smack to you isn't worth the time. But if I were you I would tell those idiots that it is in fact your car as I suspect it is likely jealousy on their part and hearing you are the owner may sting....

You have a very nice car and should feel proud to have it nothing wrong with that. Don't let the idiots bring you down. Many of us replying to you are older (old?) guys (I'm one). And we think its great and have no negative comments toward you having it at all.

Of course you are being advised to be careful with it but that's just many people knowing what these cars are capable of. I've been stung by its power a couple of times early in its ownership & I've developed a healthy respect for that.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:41 PM   #47
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
I recently bought a 45th anniversary Camaro. I am 17 years old and the Camaro is one of those dream cars I have always had since I was little. I worked for many summers and my dad helped me some.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for some cheap simple mods I should do to my car. I have already done smoked tail light covers and blacked out the chevy badges. Please just let me know what you think I should do to my car next.

Novice HPDI event, you know you want to run it, that would be the safest way to do so with an instructor. I was 17 and had a hopped up first gen, so driver mod is the best mod. Learn how to drive first in a controlled environment...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 04:41 AM   #48
Ashen L99

Drives: Ashen grey, 1SS, L99
this is my friends '14 camaro. He's 18. Car makes around 600 wheel on 91. 50,000 miles later and car still runs like a champ. As long as your smart and stay within your own limits you'll be fine! I've been in the car up to 176mph. Kid knows how to drive.

Here is a startup clip. Darn invalid files, I curse thee!

https://youtu.be/eJ3h4cvE4vw

The cutouts are open...
Attached Images

Roto-fab CAI, Nick Williams 102mm TB, LOD X1 V3 intake manifold, GMPP LS3 heads, Night Fury cam, TSP 2” long tubes, Corsa ZL-1 catback, Nitrous Outlet 102mm plate kit/150 shot, NGK BR7EF plugs with Taylor plug wires, DSX flex fuel kit, ZL-1 fuel pump and injectors, B&M deep trans pan, Yank 3400 converter, 3.45s with BMR Delrin bushings, mishimoto 169° Thermostat, GM ground effects, T-Rex upper grill, Z/28 Spoiler, Lolly pop Lime brake calipers, ZL1 10 spoke wheels, 12” subwoofer, and custom paint matched interior.
Ashen L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:41 AM   #49
tamucc2004

Drives: 2010 SS
Window tint is always amazing. One of my favorite things I have done is change out the interior lights to blue leds close to the current ambient lighting and floor lights. Love the look of the grille lights.

And if you have a chance to go to a road course track take advantage. It’s not only fun but great training. I learned on motorcycles just how much its helps and possibly saved me on the streets. You can push to the point you loose traction, learn limits without conquensces or they are minimal. Plus tons and tons of smiles!
tamucc2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:22 AM   #50
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Thank you to all for the suggestions! Great advise from all. For some a car is a car but this car is like my child at 17. I do most of the things you guys have suggested already. In the town I try to drive my safest. Only been to the track once and got to make 3 passes so haven't really gotten to explore the cars potential to much.
Autocrossing is probably one of the best and safest ways to learn car control under extreme circumstances. The 'go pedal' mostly gets people into trouble, it's the steering wheel and the 'stop pedal' that are what get you out of it.

Yes, I know your car has a variety of nannies. Always keep in mind that even they have their limits, don't be telling yourself "I have TC and Stabilitrak to save me" and assume that they will be able to save you every time.

Consider finding an open road and getting on the brakes hard enough to get into the ABS. That way you'll have some idea what to expect, and not be startled when it happens "for real", and you'll gain a little feel for how to brake hard without quite getting the ABS interested in what you're doing. That was what I had my oldest granddaughter do 3+ years ago when she was a few months younger than you.

Norm
Old 11-23-2017, 09:22 PM   #51
Visibilities

Drives: 2014 SS - Sleeved 427/Procharged
@AshenL99 I'm 650whp b***h <3
Visibilities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:51 AM   #52
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visibilities View Post
Lmmfao!

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:08 AM   #53
Ashen L99

Drives: Ashen grey, 1SS, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visibilities View Post
I guess it depends how much unicorn piss you put in on any given day that gives you +\- 50.
Roto-fab CAI, Nick Williams 102mm TB, LOD X1 V3 intake manifold, GMPP LS3 heads, Night Fury cam, TSP 2” long tubes, Corsa ZL-1 catback, Nitrous Outlet 102mm plate kit/150 shot, NGK BR7EF plugs with Taylor plug wires, DSX flex fuel kit, ZL-1 fuel pump and injectors, B&M deep trans pan, Yank 3400 converter, 3.45s with BMR Delrin bushings, mishimoto 169° Thermostat, GM ground effects, T-Rex upper grill, Z/28 Spoiler, Lolly pop Lime brake calipers, ZL1 10 spoke wheels, 12” subwoofer, and custom paint matched interior.
Ashen L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:15 AM   #54
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
spend like a drunken sailor
Old 11-25-2017, 08:34 AM   #55
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
A 17 year old that can write proper and coherent English better than 2/3’s of the members on here. He says please and thank you and worked/works summers to help pay for his own car?

I’m not buying it. Something’s fishy going on here.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 10:23 AM   #56
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
A 17 year old that can write proper and coherent English better than 2/3’s of the members on here. He says please and thank you and worked/works summers to help pay for his own car?

I’m not buying it. Something’s fishy going on here.
This could be the dawn of a new era of trolling

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote