Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 11-25-2010, 12:13 AM   #29
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
my poor car
Name:  a6.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  133.2 KB
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #30
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Those pics really hurt, and give "you" gut rut.

Make sure you demand NEW PARTS, since your car is always well maintained, not your daily driver, and barely 1 1/2 yrs old.

If you have a good insurance company, they should have no problem with that..then again they'll be going after the other driver's insurance for the money (he's going to learn an expensive lesson on driving), STAND FIRM .
Old 11-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #31
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
WOW

That kid nailed you good!
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #32
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Thankfully, they won't have to change the quarter out. Make sure they put a new fender and door skin on the car though.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #33
bumblebee rules

Drives: 2010 BumbleBee ready to go now
S**Ty man.........Glad you are here to b***h about it though... be safe eh ....:-)
We found "IT" Check us out at www.wildcountrypowersports.ca Alberta's newest and Barrhead's LARGEST Polaris Dealer .... Oh yeah AND Honda .... lol AND as of just lately Yamaha .... Now we can pay for gas again :-)

CAN NOT WAIT TILL SPRING !!!!!!!!!!! Until Then BBBRRRAAAPPPPPPPPPP
bumblebee rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:40 AM   #34
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Sorry about your luck Dennis, that really sucks!

Does anyone know what happens with regards to insurance covering his custom paint work on his wheels? Will insurance only cover the cost of the factory replacement wheels and Dennis pays the cost to have them painted?

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #35
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Sorry about your luck Dennis, that really sucks!

Does anyone know what happens with regards to insurance covering his custom paint work on his wheels? Will insurance only cover the cost of the factory replacement wheels and Dennis pays the cost to have them painted?
Well on a positive note, my dealer said they would be replicating my wheels for me which is good. Still havnt gotten a estimate for damage
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 11-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #36
TJ91

Theyre only replacing the fender and repairing everything else
The door, the rocker, the 2 rims and the quarter panel.
And they fn bondo'd the quarter panel!! Is that ok?!
Im stressing out
Old 11-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #37
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Im stressing out
Try to get all new parts. It can depend on the damage sometimes panels can get repaired.

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #38
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Im stressing out
Bondo on the quarter panel is fine as long as it is used properly. Based on the light quarter panel damage, you would have been worse off had they changed the quarter.

I would ask for a door skin instead of what they did. The area where you door is damaged, is often fixed with bondo and then the edge is thicker than the rest of the door edges. Most people wouldn't notice it but us guys who go look at older muscle cars for people look at stuff like that.

Also, make sure they remove the mirror before painting the door and not simply mask it. The rocker panel cover should also be painted off the car.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #39
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I wouldn't accept bondo on the quarters, the rocks often hit there and that could chip off a piece of body filler with the paint. I would prefer all new panels but that's just me though.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #40
TJ91

They spilled some goo on my car.
Oh and theyre doing a silent repair on a brand new cruze that they damaged. Quarter pannel, rear bumper, wheels, all on a brand new cruze and the buyer will never know. I hate dealers
No one buy a dark blue cruze at Gateway
Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #41
SuperSport17
2010 2SS/RS LS3

Drives: '10 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Im stressing out
make sure they weld up that hole on the quarter or you will be getting bubbles later on. and check the edge of the door for same thickness as the rest of the door and the inside of it, for sure it will get marked up from the pulling/dollying and should be painted.. if theres something wrong, make a scene..brand new car should be treated as one. and dont forget the gaps.. good luck
Old 12-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #42
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport17 View Post
make sure they weld up that hole on the quarter or you will be getting bubbles later on. and check the edge of the door for same thickness as the rest of the door and the inside of it, for sure it will get marked up from the pulling/dollying and should be painted.. if theres something wrong, make a scene..brand new car should be treated as one. and dont forget the gaps.. good luck
Thanks for the tips! I plan on going through the car with a fine tooth comb. They already meesed up my wheels with the repair Had to point that out,
the whole passenger side of the car was painted when i dropped in. It better match and it better not have serious orange peel, but from looking at the rocker, it looked like it did :(
Oh well, she'd be in storage anyways so i dont plan on taking her out anytime soon... Thanks again for the help