Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2008, 12:45 AM   #15
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Welcome, Jenn!!!

You can also introduce yourself here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...?t=551&page=11

What types of cars have you had before? What about the Camaro inspires you?

Inquiring minds want to know....

As far as affording the thing....don't spend on anything you don't need. Try to get a credit card (if u dont already have) -- and charge SMALL amounts on it every month, and pay those amounts off, in total, every month!

If you do, you will build CREDIT.

If you build CREDIT, you will be ahead of the game. make sure you dont make any late payments!!!

(this is very basic stuff, but you didnt let us know how far along in the "finance game" you are).
Old 04-10-2008, 01:42 AM   #16
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
hello jenn welcome to your new obsession.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:18 AM   #17
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison View Post
I especially like the part where fbodfather writes:

......we want to watch as you park it somewhere and turn around - time and time again -- as you walk away from it - with that sense of pride that says "Yup -- THAT'S ALL MINE! -- beware, all of you who drive something so inferior........"

For sure. Thanks NOODLES.
No Problem.....Enjoy!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:05 AM   #18
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Welcome to the site, Jen. You want my best advice on how you can save money so you can buy this beauty?

Listen to Dave Ramsey. All I have to say. If you follow his advice, you won't only get the Camaro taken care of, but your life can change dramatically for the better as well. D@mn....I sound like an infomercial here....bordering on SPAM!!!! LOL!

Seriously, check him out. Great stuff.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:28 AM   #19
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Reported for Spam like that charki person advertising some site for gift cards...
Old 04-10-2008, 04:32 AM   #20
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Hello and Welcome from St. Catharines, Ontario. "Home of the World's Best Powertrains."

www.gmpowertrain.ca

3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 AM   #21
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Welcome to the site, Jen. You want my best advice on how you can save money so you can buy this beauty?

Listen to Dave Ramsey. All I have to say. If you follow his advice, you won't only get the Camaro taken care of, but your life can change dramatically for the better as well. D@mn....I sound like an infomercial here....bordering on SPAM!!!! LOL!

wow you learn something new everyday. i used to listen to him all the time when i worked a normal shift. i also took his total money makeover class.

jenn this would honestly be the best advice anyone can give you. listen to tag and then listen to dave ramsey. the first couple of months on his program suck, but after that it gets alot better.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #22
TankSS

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Welcome!
Old 04-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #23
NateZ

Drives: 1970 Chevelle SS454
Welcom to the forums, Jen. My best advice for saving cash -- cut up plastic and only pay with cash or debit card (hard to get into debt when you can't put it on a credit card); set a budget and live by it; keep your receipts and start a ledger to track your spending. When you start seeing the money add up from you saving, it's a great feeling.

Easy for me to say now. Fortunately my wife does the finances because I was terrible at it.

'70 SS454 -- When The Only Carbs You Cared About Were Under the Hood.
NateZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:37 PM   #24
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
Welcome Jenn.
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #25
RadarJammer

Drives: 06 Mustang GT
Quote:

WOW! I listen to Dave every day while I work.....his methods to save cash and get rid of debt has made me change my entire outlook on spending.

With his system I have become debt free and saved already $10K and plan on buying the car with cash when it comes out.

Seroiusly, check Dave Ramsey out, good stuff.
RadarJammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #26
Poison
BEE-OTCH!

Drives: 94 Camaro z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I don't know much about building cars either, but I have learned a lot about how things work since I joined. I do know how to be cheap. First off, I pay for most things in cash. Its harder to hand $80 over than a piece of plastic, plus there is no interest to pay. I have a personal weekly cash budget for things like food and entertainment. Anything left over I set aside, then buy things like my stereo when I have enough. Avoid eating out, take a lunch when possible -this is also healthier. Thirdly, cars are expensive -gas, insurance, repairs. If you can avoid owning one you will save a ton of cash. If you do need a car, make sure that it is properly maintained -tire pressure, regular oil changes, little things like that. And don't drive agressively. Stomping on the gas, then the brakes wastes them both. Doing those things have saved me alot while I've been at university. Its going to save me more while I wait to buy my Camaro in a couple years.
Thanks, I will try to exercise these things more often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09camaroSS View Post
welcome. I love that picture you have in your posts. Who did it and how can I get a copy?
Steven Whitaker made the originals & I found them at 5thgen, here's a link:
http://www.5thgen.org/index.php?page=StevenSimply

**Thanks MINDZ, for great advise !**

!!! As for how far along in the finance game I am..
I don't have much to put towards savings after all the bills and living expenses. But I am trying really hard. So far, I've managed to save almost two thousand within four months :/

I'm hoping that all my accounts and what not will be paid off by next year and will have a positive impact on my credit. How much would you say is a FAIR down payment?

Quote:

Hey TAG I really appreciate that. I was at Costco yesterday and wanted to find You're Broke Because You Want to Be: How to Stop Getting By and Start Getting Ahead by Larry Winget, but they didn't have it and I wasn't going to settle. Anyway I have just purchased The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey from ebay. Hope it's everything I need and more lol

Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #27
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison View Post
So I just want to say that I have no clue how to take a car a part and what parts are what, but I know I'm in love with the Camaro.
Welcome to one of the best damned forums around!

(Don't feel bad about not knowing the mechanics and parts of cars - I'm not much of a gear-head myself but I can out-drive a lot of guys )

Lana

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #28
4thGen

Drives: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
Welcome to the site! By the way:
:notheadlights:
4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote