Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #71
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I pick it up Tomorrow...just hope they came through...he told me yesterday they were installing the X pipe. I am peeling my finger nails off..going nuts
Think positive man I have watched this thread for a while now and finally decided to register a name because I have wanted to post so much under this thread. I'm waiting myself for headers and I'm wanting Kooks im just curious how they will work on your car.

Good luck and keep fingers crossed
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #72
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Well guys....I have some Bad news but yet some good news for me...Kook's is currently moving their operation from Bay Shore NY to Statesville NC...They have been dealing with me and trying to make the move for the past month..I am still getting the car tomorrow but the system will not be complete.. they have the headers and Cats installed on the car but they have to use the rest of the stock system until the can make it in the new shop in NC..The 1st run of X pipe and muffler system will be shipped to me ASAP at no charge (yes it's going to be in writing)...A great group of guys but they just have their hands full right now. they got all the prototyping done and will ship everything else as soon as it gets made..I don't know what else to say at this point other than I will be waiting a bit longer...not happy but what can I do at this point. Sooooo...the Saga continues

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:04 AM   #73
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
Well guys....I have some Bad news but yet some good news for me...Kook's is currently moving their operation from Bay Shore NY to Statesville NC...They have been dealing with me and trying to make the move for the past month..I am still getting the car tomorrow but the system will not be complete.. they have the headers and Cats installed on the car but they have to use the rest of the stock system until the can make it in the new shop in NC..The 1st run of X pipe and muffler system will be shipped to me ASAP at no charge (yes it's going to be in writing)...A great group of guys but they just have their hands full right now. they got all the prototyping done and will ship everything else as soon as it gets made..I don't know what else to say at this point other than I will be waiting a bit longer...not happy but what can I do at this point. Sooooo...the Saga continues

Indeed the waiting Sucks however you are getting a lot of this done for a small $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ price . I'm sure if they put it in writing they will follow behind with a product VERY soon.

Waits patiently along with ya lol congrats on what you have so far.

Post some pics of what it looked like now with the headers on if you can.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:23 AM   #74
Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowYellow View Post
Indeed the waiting Sucks however you are getting a lot of this done for a small $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ price . I'm sure if they put it in writing they will follow behind with a product VERY soon.

Waits patiently along with ya lol congrats on what you have so far.

Post some pics of what it looked like now with the headers on if you can.
Well , now I am just waiting for the rest of the system...The headers are awesome...Kooks took some photo's of the full system on the car and they will be posting them on their website. Chris is supposed to be sending me the pics via E-mail also. For now they have coupled the headers up with their high flow cats and sent it back into the stock H pipe and mufflers...it is a bit louder and sounds nice...they are shipping me the X pipe and rest of the system when production starts at their new Facility in Stateville NC. It will be 3 inch pipe all way back ...now just waiting for Vararam for a CAI ...Then a Tune......I will post up when I get pics

Old 06-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #75
jamnutz

Drives: 02 Formula/2010SS/many others
Due to having way too many highly modded very fast cars, my wife has made me promise that I wouldn't go into the motor on this one. So we agreed on all bolton's, she's all right with a Supercharger being one of the bolton's, so some nice Kooks headers will go nicely with the charger setup. Can't wait to see them, and can't wait to see a before & after dyno.
1991 GMC Syclone Built motor, big turbo, meth
99 Z28, Futral built stock CI LS1, TFS 215 heads, Fast 102/NW102, NX fogger, full suspension including anti roll bar, custom Rossler 4L60 with hybrid Auto/Manual VB, AC, just your every day 9 second street car.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4A141oh_jo
New Project 90 Fox Body, LS1 Swap X-275 Race car. Shootin for the 4's.
jamnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #76
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Too bad about the situation, but it sounds like the hard parts are done. It'll only probably take an afternoon and a few beers to swap out the rest of the exhaust for the new catback, so that's not too bad. Post up some sound clips so we can add it to the list

Congrats' though

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #77
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Got any videos of the current set-up?
I would like to hear it if possible. THANKS!!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #78
DET MUSL
Let's Go Wings!

Drives: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC
Hope you didn't pay for it all up front......
GMPP Stage 2
K&N CAI
Vibrant Racing Muffler
Carbon Fiber Hood w/ SS style scoop
Black Wheels
Best 1/4 Mile Time
13.8 @ 101.4mph
DET MUSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #79
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
Well , now I am just waiting for the rest of the system...The headers are awesome...Kooks took some photo's of the full system on the car and they will be posting them on their website. Chris is supposed to be sending me the pics via E-mail also. For now they have coupled the headers up with their high flow cats and sent it back into the stock H pipe and mufflers...it is a bit louder and sounds nice...they are shipping me the X pipe and rest of the system when production starts at their new Facility in Stateville NC. It will be 3 inch pipe all way back ...now just waiting for Vararam for a CAI ...Then a Tune......I will post up when I get pics

glad to hear you are happy so far

I'm wondering myself when Vararam will come out with a CAI ????
Old 06-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #80
Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DET MUSL View Post
Hope you didn't pay for it all up front......
UMM..I didn't pay for it AT all...

Old 06-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #81
Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
Got any videos of the current set-up?
I would like to hear it if possible. THANKS!!
I am waiting for them to send me the pics and vids...they will prolly have it up on their website before I get them..I'll try to get some posted myself...I'll watch thier site and youtube to see if they post up.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #82
Badger

Here you go guys..the Video of a few Revs when I picked it up..smoke was from the grease used to bend the pipes....note it is Kooks headers with thier high flow race Cats..then into the stock H pipe to the stock mufflers.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #83
Badger

They also have some pics of the prototype exhaust that will be on it when they ship the rest to me.... Looks like $ 2,400.00 for the complete system...http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/show.php?pid=890

Old 06-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #84
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Dyno's?