Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 04-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #211
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGuy11 View Post
I finally got my ZL1 driveline kit as well, and guess what..... It was also missing the driveshaft, trans flange nut and washer. Missing parts should be in on Monday.

The axles that I received have different part numbers than what was originally listed in the kit. The axles that I received are p/n: 22953759, and 22953760. Can you confirm the part numbers that you got?

Also, when installing the axles does the washer get installed on the diff side of the axle or the knuckle side? I hope to start my install tomorrow.

Oh yeah, the ZL1 diff is F**ING HEAVY!
Yes, i got the 759 and 760 rear axels as well. And my back is feeling the weight of the diff today...i was installing it after midnight so i decided i would carry it by myself half way accross my garage to put on my jack...bad idea. I should have waited to find help in the morning. I'm sure it will be a few weeks before my back recovers . But it's installed!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #212
Jason P

Drives: 2011 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
Yes, i got the 759 and 760 rear axels as well. And my back is feeling the weight of the diff today...i was installing it after midnight so i decided i would carry it by myself half way accross my garage to put on my jack...bad idea. I should have waited to find help in the morning. I'm sure it will be a few weeks before my back recovers . But it's installed!
Did you run the cooler?
2011 2ss Ram twin plate ceramic clutch, Texas speed 418 LS3 235 /243 .621 / .624 cam, ported and polished heads with dual springs,magnum push rods, Hotchkis race pack, Stainless Power long tube headers with no cats, Magna Flo competition exhaust, lpe fuel pump, magnuson supercharger with overdrive and port matched blower plate, IW 8 rib pullies, AEM meth kit, id 850 injectors, 3 bar map, halltech cai, zl1 rear diff
Jason P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #213
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Also, when installing the axles does the washer get installed on the diff side of the axle or the knuckle side? I hope to start my install tomorrow.
It goes behind the knuckle. Nothing on the diff side.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #214
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason P View Post
Did you run the cooler?
Not now. I'm focused on 1/4 mile right now. I'm interested in course racing, but haven't tried it yet. Assuming I like it as much as 1/4 mile, then I'll be adding a cooler.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #215
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
PMJ what exhaust are you running and how did that go with the massive ZL1 diff? My corsa looks like it's going to be close. Did you run the dexron LS gear oil too? Got everything in but somehow forgot to order the front nuts for the driveshaft.
Tech AFX Heater Hose Relocation Kit, Black Chrome Wheels
Pfadt trailing and toe arms, Pfadt solid subframe mounts, Pfadt diff bushings, Street Slayer Twin Carbon
Technostalgia Camaro LED taillights, CTS-V Front Brakes, Powder Coated Calipers By ME
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Complete ZL1 Rearend Swap
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #216
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 2010 2SS/RS View Post
PMJ what exhaust are you running and how did that go with the massive ZL1 diff? My corsa looks like it's going to be close. Did you run the dexron LS gear oil too? Got everything in but somehow forgot to order the front nuts for the driveshaft.
I took a few quick pictures. I'm also running Corsa. I had to leave the passenger side hanger disconnected (i zip tied it for now). I'll look to get a longer rubber connector long term. It's tough to tell in the pics, but i think I have good clearance on both sides.

For now I left the gear oil that was shipped in the diff. I bought the non-synthetic based on the fact it was for larger axels (i assume they shipped w/synthetic. I'm open to suggestion on what to run...i'm assuming at my HP (~800 rw), i probably don't want the synthetic...

I just got back on the road today (been too busy to work on it). So far, so good...
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #217
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
PMJ thanks for all the info and the pics. My driver's side exhaust clears with no problem but the passenger side a little close for comfort. Just finished it up and took it for a short test drive, so far so good.
Tech AFX Heater Hose Relocation Kit, Black Chrome Wheels
Pfadt trailing and toe arms, Pfadt solid subframe mounts, Pfadt diff bushings, Street Slayer Twin Carbon
Technostalgia Camaro LED taillights, CTS-V Front Brakes, Powder Coated Calipers By ME
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Complete ZL1 Rearend Swap
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #218
ITGuy11
Burning up tires

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert
Finished my ZL1 driveline install the other day as well. I also had to zip tie my Borla exhaust to get clearance around the huge pumpkin. Gonna have a muffler shop fab up some longer hangers for a permanent fix.

So far the setup seems good, but I am driving very easy which is very difficult to do! Only thing that I noticed is that I get a very slight amount of gear hum on decel, but nothing bad at all.

I have heat cycled the gears a few times and plan to take it easy for around 500 miles before I beat the shit out of it
ITGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #219
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Finished my ZL1 driveline install the other day as well. I also had to zip tie my Borla exhaust to get clearance around the huge pumpkin. Gonna have a muffler shop fab up some longer hangers for a permanent fix.

So far the setup seems good, but I am driving very easy which is very difficult to do! Only thing that I noticed is that I get a very slight amount of gear hum on decel, but nothing bad at all.

I have heat cycled the gears a few times and plan to take it easy for around 500 miles before I beat the shit out of it
I didn't really take it easy, but wasn't too crazy either. Headed to the track tomorrow. Expecting personal records to fall!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #220
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
I didn't really take it easy, but wasn't too crazy either. Headed to the track tomorrow. Expecting personal records to fall!
How did you make out at the track with the ZL1 diff and lower gears?
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #221
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2SS/RS 6M View Post
How did you make out at the track with the ZL1 diff and lower gears?
What a let down...went to put on my drag radials and noticed a buch of weights got knocked off...I ended up spending most of the day getting them rebalanced and wheel alignment while i was there. Then on the way home my water pump pully fell off . The 10-rib pulley kit upgrade has really kicked my butt...I destroyed my original water pump, broke an alternator, and now had the pulley fall off my second water pump. The pulley is pinned now, so it won't come off again (knock on wood)...but long story long, i didn't make it to the track. Next opportunity is 3/25...I plan to be there. I was planning to tune at the track, but now plan to dyno tune prior to the 25th.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #222
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
What a let down...went to put on my drag radials and noticed a buch of weights got knocked off...I ended up spending most of the day getting them rebalanced and wheel alignment while i was there. Then on the way home my water pump pully fell off . The 10-rib pulley kit upgrade has really kicked my butt...I destroyed my original water pump, broke an alternator, and now had the pulley fall off my second water pump. The pulley is pinned now, so it won't come off again (knock on wood)...but long story long, i didn't make it to the track. Next opportunity is 3/25...I plan to be there. I was planning to tune at the track, but now plan to dyno tune prior to the 25th.

That s#cks, sorry to hear that, there be plenty time for the track, but I know the feeling!
I thought my slave cylinder went on way home from track, pedal to floor fluid leaking from bell housing, just after I said at least I didn't break anything! But I got a break, I jacked it up the next day and found the slave cylinder bleeder loose, I had one go at 7k, but I wasn't gonna let the dealer do it this time!
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #223
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

I made it back to the dyno yesterday...798/745 . So my question is what should i be running fluid wise in the rear diff? i left what was shipped, which i assume is synthetic. I thought it was shipped empty, so i bought non-synthetic assuming that was better for my power range.

I know this is off topic, but any fluid experts out there care to chime in? Should i drain the synthetic and use non-synthetic before i go to the track on Saturday (i hope)? Or does that not really matter until i try to pick up autocross? Or am i way of base?
Old 05-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #224
ITGuy11
Burning up tires

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert
I plan on running the recommended GM dextron axle fluid in mine.

Oh yeah, nice dyno numbers that thing is a beast!
ITGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote