Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Financing

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is GM gonna do any kind of 0% or low interest financing on the Camaro?

Or will we likely have to wait till year two?
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Highly unlikely at first. If the Camaro is going to be selling like hot cakes there is no reason for them to offer incentives.

Now if sales tank after the inital pre-order rush, then they may have to.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
Dakota Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Highly unlikely at first. If the Camaro is going to be selling like hot cakes there is no reason for them to offer incentives.

Now if sales tank after the inital pre-order rush, then they may have to.

I agree. Just wanted to check in here to see if anything was shaking.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
I got a 0% email yesterday from GM but it was on "selected" models (not Camaros) :(

If 0% GM lending is available when I get to the lot, I would do it but even if it is not, we can get great loan rates from alternate lending sources.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingr69 View Post
I got a 0% email yesterday from GM but it was on "selected" models (not Camaros) :(

If 0% GM lending is available when I get to the lot, I would do it but even if it is not, we can get great loan rates from alternate lending sources.

-Mark.
PFCU is offering 3.99% right now.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
Dakota Kid

Pentagon? Damn I closed my acount with them.

I will check with Service Federal CU..still have one with them.

Dodge is tempting me with the Challenger 0%!!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
scomaro22

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS! ,'09 Genesis
I keep seeing that people are looking to go through credit unions instead of going through GM, or whomever they use. Is it smarter to go through a credit union ?? I never even gave it a thought till i read it here. What are the benefits of going through a credit union ??
scomaro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
vsgls1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scomaro22 View Post
I keep seeing that people are looking to go through credit unions instead of going through GM, or whomever they use. Is it smarter to go through a credit union ?? I never even gave it a thought till i read it here. What are the benefits of going through a credit union ??
Check the rates at you local credit unions then compare them to local banks...
Old 02-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #9
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Does anyone know any Metro-Detroit-area credit unions or banks that are offering a really low interest rate? I live in Canton, and work in downtown Detroit.

Thanks in advance!
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:26 AM   #10
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Its usually easier to get a loan through a credit union and they usually have better rates. Would probably be easier for the younger people with little or no credit history to go through a credit union. And...most of them offer Supplier Pricing. Mine does and my dealership said they would honor it if GM allows it on the Camaro. Go to this GM website and sign up. There will be a place to choose your state and it will give a list of credit unions that offer the supplier pricing with GM.
https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-...do?program=cud

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #11
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Its usually easier to get a loan through a credit union and they usually have better rates. Would probably be easier for the younger people with little or no credit history to go through a credit union. And...most of them offer Supplier Pricing. Mine does and my dealership said they would honor it if GM allows it on the Camaro. Go to this GM website and sign up. There will be a place to choose your state and it will give a list of credit unions that offer the supplier pricing with GM.
https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-...do?program=cud

I've never been a member of a Credit Union, but I checked that out just to see what was listed around me. Surprisingly there were some literally within 3 miles of where I live. And my ex-fiance' is a manager of one of them... So joining it would be easy enough.

So you're saying that if someone is a member of one of those credit unions, they can automatically get Supplier Pricing (if the Dealer will accept it anyway)?? Do you have to finance through the credit union to get it, or can you use other financing options?

EDIT: I see at the bottom it says the discount is available no matter where you finance through. Interesting.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:14 AM   #12
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I've never been a member of a Credit Union, but I checked that out just to see what was listed around me. Surprisingly there were some literally within 3 miles of where I live. And my ex-fiance' is a manager of one of them... So joining it would be easy enough.

So you're saying that if someone is a member of one of those credit unions, they can automatically get Supplier Pricing (if the Dealer will accept it anyway)?? Do you have to finance through the credit union to get it, or can you use other financing options?

EDIT: I see at the bottom it says the discount is available no matter where you finance through. Interesting.
same question here...and what exactly is "supplier pricing"
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #13
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
According to the info from my credit union, supplier pricing is 4.5% below MSRP. Yes....if your credit union is listed on that site you would be eligible for supplier pricing if GM allows it on the Camaro. Mine just says I have to be a member of the credit union, but doesn't say I have to actually finance through the credit union. My CU also has an Auto Dealer Direct program here in Texas. I just go to any dealership that is part of the program and tell them I want to finance through my credit union and they do all the paperwork for me just like I was using GMAC for financing.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #14
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Txturbo, do you know what kind of paperwork qualifies as proof that you're a member of that credit union? I can't find any info on this on that site.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote