Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 02-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #9059
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
9am? that means if I leave around 5am, I could be there in time...lol...haven't booked a room yet, but everything is so close there in Indy...I plan on going if I can though
You could always drive down the evening before and stay at the Holiday Inn in Dayton.

Or maybe someone else in our group lives near there and you could stay with them.

I will have to leave home by 7:00 a.m. to get there in time. But I want to travel in a caravan of over 100 Camaros!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #9060
insidethreat07

Drives: 2001 Camaro 3.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
You could always drive down the evening before and stay at the Holiday Inn in Dayton.

Or maybe someone else in our group lives near there and you could stay with them.

I will have to leave home by 7:00 a.m. to get there in time. But I want to travel in a caravan of over 100 Camaros!
Same here. Ill have to leave no later than 7 to try and meet everyone in Dayton. Guy Im going with lives in Norwalk so he might stay at my place, then leave at 7am thursday morning
Old 02-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #9061
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
But I want to travel in a caravan of over 100 Camaros!

I'll have to make sure the video camera battery is charged - and maybe make a sign to hold up reminding those with cut-outs to open them up as they drive by.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #9062
third_shift|studios

Drives: Like I Stole It!
Quote:

talk about rolling thunder
third_shift|studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:42 AM   #9063
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8whitebuff View Post
What days is most people booking the rooms for 2 3 and 4th and is there any groups heading 2gether
gr8... I'm staying at the Holiday Inn that Emma refers to below. I'll be heading down there sometime on Wednesday to meet the East coast group at the hotel. You're welcome to caravan with me if you're leaving Wednesday. I am going to see who else from NE Ohio wants to caravan down Wednesday, I'll start a post.

Quote:
I booked three nights: Thurs, Fri, Sat. in Indy.

I'm meeting the group caravaning from the east coast at an interchange in Dayton (same interchange we all met at this summer at Meijers to go to Indy for the Hare Chevy meet up).

The East coast group is stopping at the Holiday Inn at Englewood on Wed. night (Aug. 1) and leaving Thurs. Morning for Indy.

Here is there caravan thread.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172315

Here is the info on the Hotel we will meet at:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=169

The plan is to leave from that Holiday Inn at 9 a.m. on Thursday August 2.

There are already more than 90 cars signed up for that caravan!
I'm in DE! Room is booked!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 AM   #9064
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

NE Ohio caravan! http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...29#post4536229
Old 02-24-2012, 05:47 AM   #9065
gr8whitebuff

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Ya I'm not able to leave till tursday morning so prob will not he able 2 tag along with u guys
gr8whitebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #9066
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

:emoticon7:

Last edited by velociSSimo; 02-24-2012 at 07:41 AM.
velociSSimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #9067
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Anybody in the Dayton area interested in meeting up with the NE Ohio folks when they arrive at the hotel on Wednesday evening??
Old 02-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #9068
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
velociSSimo and his new best bud are gioing to spoon all weekend!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #9069
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
velociSSimo and his new best bud are gioing to spoon all weekend!

I don't know what you're talking about?

I DON'T LIKE SLOPPY SECONDS. HE WAS YOUR'S FIRST!

If I did know what you're referring to... your just jealous that you won't be "winning" at Fest this year!

Last edited by velociSSimo; 02-24-2012 at 08:54 AM.
velociSSimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #9070
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
They are sick cars, and look really nice as long as you keep your foot off of the throttle when entering the LSX Shootout and don't spin out into the grass.

I know a lot of people love the G8s but I jsut dont get it.

if you want a luxury car, buy a luxury car.
If you want a sports car, buy a sports car.

If you want both, buy both.

G8s are pontiacs (not a flashy brand), Mediocre looks (Not great looking), Are fairly slow, don't handle that great (mediocre performance at price point), Don't have that much straight line power (for price point), and really aren't that nice on the inside (for the price point). G8s are like poor-man ghetto CTS-Vs, and I dont even really see the point of CTS-Vs (63k?) If you buy the car for 5 years, the ownership cost of a CTS-V is higher than a BMW 3 series or an Audi A4 plus a corvette.

(Yes I did the analysis- Vette + BMW is several thousand less, Vette + Audi is a few thousand more than that less than a CTS-V, and Even a nice Z06 Vette coupled with the BMW or Audi is less). this isnt even factoring in the price that there are more rebates and dollars off the Vettes and bmws than there are for the CTS-Vs, so factor that in and it becomes even more apparant.

the G8 has the same problem in my book. Its mediocre at everything yet costs more than owning two separate cars. I know- Performance isnt everything, but what is? looks? brand? reliability? The G8 fails at all fo those as well!

But if it makes you happy.. i guess as long as you love it it doesnt matter what i think! I personally would never even consider one, but my mother doesnt understand why I love to drive a camaro either because its "just a car"...

signed,
H8er
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #9071
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnyd View Post
I know a lot of people love the G8s but I jsut dont get it.

if you want a luxury car, buy a luxury car.
If you want a sports car, buy a sports car.

If you want both, buy both.

G8s are pontiacs (not a flashy brand), Mediocre looks (Not great looking), Are fairly slow, don't handle that great (mediocre performance at price point), Don't have that much straight line power (for price point), and really aren't that nice on the inside (for the price point). G8s are like poor-man ghetto CTS-Vs, and I dont even really see the point of CTS-Vs (63k?) If you buy the car for 5 years, the ownership cost of a CTS-V is higher than a BMW 3 series or an Audi A4 plus a corvette.

(Yes I did the analysis- Vette + BMW is several thousand less, Vette + Audi is a few thousand more than that less than a CTS-V, and Even a nice Z06 Vette coupled with the BMW or Audi is less). this isnt even factoring in the price that there are more rebates and dollars off the Vettes and bmws than there are for the CTS-Vs, so factor that in and it becomes even more apparant.

the G8 has the same problem in my book. Its mediocre at everything yet costs more than owning two separate cars. I know- Performance isnt everything, but what is? looks? brand? reliability? The G8 fails at all fo those as well!

But if it makes you happy.. i guess as long as you love it it doesnt matter what i think! I personally would never even consider one, but my mother doesnt understand why I love to drive a camaro either because its "just a car"...

signed,
H8ter

Yuup sounds about right
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #9072
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by velociSSimo View Post
I don't know what you're talking about?

SSHOLE

If I did know what you're referring to... your just jealous that you won't be "winning" at Fest this year!
That is so not "the one" I speak of...

Sent while on baby duty.... please sleep
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?