Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 02-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #9073
blue-bayou

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS/Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnyd View Post
I know we talked about the 4th for Karting:

Officially, 1:00 PM on March 4th for the Karting- Anyone object?

If so we'll put it in stone. The karting is once again http://www.cincykarting.com/

The address is:
11725 Commons Dr.
Springdale, OH 45246

Its near tri county mall, right near Dave & Busters/Golf Galaxy, behind 5 guys burgers and accross the street from Dicks/Best Buy!
Edgewater has TestnTune March 4 (weather permitting). That's where I plan to be.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #9074
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
I know a lot of people love the G8s but I jsut dont get it.

if you want a luxury car, buy a luxury car.
If you want a sports car, buy a sports car.

If you want both, buy both.

G8s are pontiacs (not a flashy brand), Mediocre looks (Not great looking), Are fairly slow, don't handle that great (mediocre performance at price point), Don't have that much straight line power (for price point), and really aren't that nice on the inside (for the price point). G8s are like poor-man ghetto CTS-Vs, and I dont even really see the point of CTS-Vs (63k?) If you buy the car for 5 years, the ownership cost of a CTS-V is higher than a BMW 3 series or an Audi A4 plus a corvette.

(Yes I did the analysis- Vette + BMW is several thousand less, Vette + Audi is a few thousand more than that less than a CTS-V, and Even a nice Z06 Vette coupled with the BMW or Audi is less). this isnt even factoring in the price that there are more rebates and dollars off the Vettes and bmws than there are for the CTS-Vs, so factor that in and it becomes even more apparant.

the G8 has the same problem in my book. Its mediocre at everything yet costs more than owning two separate cars. I know- Performance isnt everything, but what is? looks? brand? reliability? The G8 fails at all fo those as well!

But if it makes you happy.. i guess as long as you love it it doesnt matter what i think! I personally would never even consider one, but my mother doesnt understand why I love to drive a camaro either because its "just a car"...

signed,
H8er
I'm going to have to disagree. G8s are sweet.

Sent while on baby duty.... please sleep
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #9075
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post

bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #9076
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:

Its a bit ironic how he calls a G8 mediocre in the handling department for its price point. Because honestly, the stock original SS suspension is soft, under dampened, and downright mediocre for a car of its size, power and price point. The only reason I had SS bits on mine was i didn't have the money to buy real parts at the time.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #9077
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
That is so not "the one" I speak of...

I know who you were referring to... just thought I'd throw in a #2 (no pun intended)!

And make sure to read between the lines.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #9078
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post

Its a bit ironic how he calls a G8 mediocre in the handling department for its price point. Because honestly, the stock original SS suspension is soft, under dampened, and downright mediocre for a car of its size, power and price point. The only reason I had SS bits on mine was i didn't have the money to buy real parts at the time.
Exactly!

Old 02-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #9079
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by velociSSimo View Post

I know who you were referring to... just thought I'd throw in a #2 (no pun intended)!

And make sure to read between the lines.
He's so anti-C5 he won't be going to Fest. He doesn't even come here anymore after fiddyone-fiddy went live.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #9080
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
He's so anti-C5 he won't be going to Fest. He doesn't even come here anymore after fiddyone-fiddy went live.

You're right about that.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #9081
Jaylin
Christian Lady Gearhead

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
I know a lot of people love the G8s but I jsut dont get it.

if you want a luxury car, buy a luxury car.
If you want a sports car, buy a sports car.

If you want both, buy both.

G8s are pontiacs (not a flashy brand), Mediocre looks (Not great looking), Are fairly slow, don't handle that great (mediocre performance at price point), Don't have that much straight line power (for price point), and really aren't that nice on the inside (for the price point). G8s are like poor-man ghetto CTS-Vs, and I dont even really see the point of CTS-Vs (63k?) If you buy the car for 5 years, the ownership cost of a CTS-V is higher than a BMW 3 series or an Audi A4 plus a corvette.

(Yes I did the analysis- Vette + BMW is several thousand less, Vette + Audi is a few thousand more than that less than a CTS-V, and Even a nice Z06 Vette coupled with the BMW or Audi is less). this isnt even factoring in the price that there are more rebates and dollars off the Vettes and bmws than there are for the CTS-Vs, so factor that in and it becomes even more apparant.

the G8 has the same problem in my book. Its mediocre at everything yet costs more than owning two separate cars. I know- Performance isnt everything, but what is? looks? brand? reliability? The G8 fails at all fo those as well!

But if it makes you happy.. i guess as long as you love it it doesnt matter what i think! I personally would never even consider one, but my mother doesnt understand why I love to drive a camaro either because its "just a car"...

signed,
H8er
We're never going to completely agree are we hunny!? lol

I can attest that after having one, they are a cool car. It would have been better if it was a stick and had more mods than just the exhaust and wheels. It had a nice get up and go though.

I will however agree now that it doesn't make complete sense to get one when you can get two other cars for the price of that...a sports car and a luxury car.

The Camaro is certainly better, but I wouldn't completely hate on the G8!
Maybe for some people it's logical, for us it's not.

Flowmaster Exhaust, Magnaflow Stainless Tips, Black Out tail lights, bowties, reverse lights & side panel lights, Window tint, RS spoiler
Jaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #9082
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylin View Post
We're never going to completely agree are we hunny!? lol

I can attest that after having one, they are a cool car. It would have been better if it was a stick and had more mods than just the exhaust and wheels. It had a nice get up and go though.

I will however agree now that it doesn't make complete sense to get one when you can get two other cars for the price of that...a sports car and a luxury car.

The Camaro is certainly better, but I wouldn't completely hate on the G8!
Maybe for some people it's logical, for us it's not.
Jess... He's off his rocker about the two cars thing.

He's smoking some good dope today. I can't fathom WTF he's talking about. A Corvette AND a BMW???? used maybe...

Old 02-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #9083
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Where the Hell is Fen during this debate?
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #9084
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
2012 Grand Sports are going for 60k, so the whole you can get a 3 series and vette for the price of a CTS-V is wrong. BMW's over time are not cheap to maintain.
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #9085
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash84 View Post
2012 Grand Sports are going for 60k, so the whole you can get a 3 series and vette for the price of a CTS-V is wrong. BMW's over time are not cheap to maintain.
Yeah... I'm so lost on his logic.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #9086
Jaylin
Christian Lady Gearhead

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Yeah... I'm so lost on his logic.

Don't worry. I'm sure he'll come back with a great explanation!

Flowmaster Exhaust, Magnaflow Stainless Tips, Black Out tail lights, bowties, reverse lights & side panel lights, Window tint, RS spoiler
Jaylin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?