Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
FSP ZLx Blower Cam - Stock Exhaust, 2.55 Pulley, Rotofab CAI... 582rwhp/594rwtq

Chris brought his 2013 ZL1 in for some improvements, just turning over the clock at 6k miles!

2013 ZL1
- Manual Transmission
- Stock Exhaust Manifolds/Cats
- Stock NPP Exhaust
- FSP ZLx Blower Camshaft Package (FSP Comp Cams Custom Grind, BTR Valvespring Package w/ Titanium Retainers, BTR C/M Pushrods)
- LPE 2.55 Upper Pulley
- Stock LS3 Throttle Body
- ID-850 Injector Set

Checkout some of the photos of the build. You can see also Competition Cams takes care of putting our name on the back of every custom cam we order. Thanks once again to Comp, BTR, ID, and LPE for the great parts. I'll post up the dyno sheet tomorrow but she made 582rwhp/594rwtq all out, final pass after some heat soak was 580rwhp/588rwtq. Can't wait to put some headers on this thing!!!

Attached Images

Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
Matt @ FSP

Here is a terrible picture of the dyno graph, I'll scan one in tomorrow! (Yes this dyno graph pulls up a few hundred RPM short, but after 6050 power starts dropping off with the stock manifolds.. Once headers go on that powerband will come on up).
Attached Images

Last edited by Matt @ FSP; 01-13-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
madmax13

Drives: '13 2SS/RS/1LE/NPP
HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THAT TORQUE... STRAIGHT LINE!!!
madmax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:09 AM   #4
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Awesome!

Be interesting to see what this package does with headers added.....
Old 12-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #5
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Awesome!

Be interesting to see what this package does with headers added.....
Oh Im sure we will be doing this to my car soon! I do have Pfadt headers on my car already although I have an auto. Told Matt that we will discuss after the holidays.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Wow,Thats awesome
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Having no headers helps with the low end torque on a lot of builds,I find that sometimes that after adding headers the hp goes up and the low end torque goes away another words it moves up..on my SRT10 it was like all the torque disappeared when i added headers,although all it did was move up in the power band.. the back pressure helps with low end torque..what are the cam spec"s since you didnt show them. great job
Old 12-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Speaking of camshafts,I find that weird now a days that a few people don't show the cam spec's Still..Most of the big boys show their spec"s(unless they are competing) I could understand if it was a car that was producing 50rwhp more than everyone else or the fastest ZL1 in the country being used to sell parts or even A shop car used for racing...A lot of smaller shops that have their own cams are either just changing one thing like lift on a cam thats already out there..or just asking comp to spec out a cam for them to use.Really how many people really know enough to be great cam builders ? not a lot !!! Heck I like to think I know a lot about cam's but I didn't for one second think about doing it myself...Even when you go to a shop and ask them to match a cam to your car 9 times out of 10 they just pull one thats out of the comp book of all things great,lol.. Customers tend to post their cam specs on their car anyway,so after a couple cars it is no longer hidden. If a smaller shop has a good cam something that works really well,by posting it they are giving their customers another choice for them to make..plus their cam builder is not going to build it for anyone else anyway....this is just IMOP happy holidays
Old 01-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #9
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Speaking of camshafts,I find that weird now a days that a few people don't show the cam spec's Still..Most of the big boys show their spec"s(unless they are competing) I could understand if it was a car that was producing 50rwhp more than everyone else or the fastest ZL1 in the country being used to sell parts or even A shop car used for racing...A lot of smaller shops that have their own cams are either just changing one thing like lift on a cam thats already out there..or just asking comp to spec out a cam for them to use.Really how many people really know enough to be great cam builders ? not a lot !!! Heck I like to think I know a lot about cam's but I didn't for one second think about doing it myself...Even when you go to a shop and ask them to match a cam to your car 9 times out of 10 they just pull one thats out of the comp book of all things great,lol.. Customers tend to post their cam specs on their car anyway,so after a couple cars it is no longer hidden. If a smaller shop has a good cam something that works really well,by posting it they are giving their customers another choice for them to make..plus their cam builder is not going to build it for anyone else anyway....this is just IMOP happy holidays

10+ years ago we all tried our best to hide every cam specification we could as we all were in a shootout for NA stock bottom end heads/cam ET slips!!! However, gone are those days I'd rather have the customer informed on all aspects of their build. The owner received his cam card as do everyone of our client's!

@ .050" - 231 Intake / 239 Exhaust
.624"/.624" Lift
115LSA + 3*
LSL Lobes
Grind by Comp Cams!

- Matt
Old 01-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #10
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
When you change the cam do you guys pull the motor or just pull the front clip off? If I decide to wrench myself I would like to know.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #11
Craig B

Drives: 2013 1LE
You don't have to pull the motor or the front clip. There is a good write up on this form somewhere about doing a cam swap.
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:18 PM   #12
Craig B

Drives: 2013 1LE
Here ya go http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125123
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #13
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criag B View Post

Thank You!