Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 AM   #15
fireplug

Drives: 07 Tundra
Big, big time trekker. I hated what they did to trek lately and causing it's demise. This new movie looks like it may be right on target. Here's hoping.
fireplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:31 AM   #16
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
LOL, you would have to admit. If I was casting director, I don't think i could find anybody in hollywood would look anything like william shatner. He is kinda one of a kind you know...

By the way, I believe it is Esque. I think. But i'm not sure it is actually a word???
Actually one of my friends looks just like a young Shatner, moreso than the actor they chose.. I'm pretty sure they weren't looking for a lookalike as they could have found a better one.. I'm so glad it is at least an unknown actor and not Matt Damon..
Old 03-11-2009, 04:34 AM   #17
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
Big, big time trekker. I hated what they did to trek lately and causing it's demise. This new movie looks like it may be right on target. Here's hoping.
I Loved the original Star Trek and all its movies.. Loved Next Generation.. After that I just couldn't get into Voyager and Deep Space Nine.. Enterprise was simply unwatchable since the writers did not seem to care for continuity by having villains we've never seen before pop up regularly..
Old 03-11-2009, 04:38 AM   #18
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I am going to see it. Trek fan of Kirk and the original series. The movies have been hit and miss. Wrath of Khan one of the best of those.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:53 AM   #19
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I am going to see it. Trek fan of Kirk and the original series. The movies have been hit and miss. Wrath of Khan one of the best of those.
Star Trek II, III, and IV are my all time favorite trilogy of all time.. Undiscovered Country was one of the best "Farewell" movies to any series ever.. All were still alive to make that last film amazingly.. The next Generation movies, I only liked First Contact.. I wish the last one had been a better farewell...

I know I'm going to like this new movie as I really want to enjoy it.. i just hope they don't go too with any canonical changes..
Old 03-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #20
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
how can you even try to say that Sisko was a dud.....HELLO DOMINION WARS.....he molested the spoon heads.....
Yeah, DS9 was one of my favs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
Yes, the newest installment has left me completely disinterested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Actually one of my friends looks just like a young Shatner, moreso than the actor they chose.. I'm pretty sure they weren't looking for a lookalike as they could have found a better one.. I'm so glad it is at least an unknown actor and not Matt Damon..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I Loved the original Star Trek and all its movies.. Loved Next Generation.. After that I just couldn't get into Voyager and Deep Space Nine.. Enterprise was simply unwatchable since the writers did not seem to care for continuity by having villains we've never seen before pop up regularly..
Yes, no matt damon.

And Voyoger was a good show after seven of nine started looking human again
Old 03-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #21
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Big Trek fan, favorite series is DS9 (btw irpq11, hating on The Sisko? Shame on you! The man was pure awesome!), and while I'm not as huge a fan as I used to, I really feel especially with this latest trailer that this is what the franchise needs. A jolt of energy. I've watched the trailer A LOT and showed to LOTS of people and everyone likes what they're seeing. I'm hoping this film will bring back some fun into Trek, hasn't really been there since DS9 ended really.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #22
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

I have always been a 'casual' fan of Trek. I seen at least half of the films in theaters (III, VI, Generations, First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis). I always preferred the films as they had a way bigger budget. and I liked the use of miniatures (which is funny as the 'enterprise' in the 80s films was 16 feet long!) over the CGI (FYI First Contact was the the last 'trek' film to use a miniature for the 'enterprise'). I never got into the TOS (60s show) i was more a TNG and VOY fan (did not care for DS9, and when i moved to NY we did not get UPN so i never could get into Enterprise). I did like the TNG movies, mainly the beloved First Contact, but i still liked the others (even Nemesis was fun for me like when Riker rammed the Enterprise into the bad guys ship!). I am really looking forward to this film, ever since I saw the wicked teaser with the JFK and early NASA astronaut voice overs ending with Nimoy as 'Spock'.

so, i know where MY butt will be when this sucker comes to theaters!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #23
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

WOW I have seen that teaser a dozen times and it still brought a chill.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #24
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
...And Voyoger was a good show after seven of nine started looking human again
yeah, but you gotta admit - Kes was hot, too!

i used to be a HUGE Voyager fan. my next favorite was TNG, but i never cared for DS9 or enterprise. TOS was hit or miss with me.

anyway...

i'm looking orward to see what they do wit this version of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post

so, i know where MY butt will be when this sucker comes to theaters!
did you notice that the end of the trailer says "christmas 2008"?
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #25
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
yeah, but you gotta admit - Kes was hot, too!

i used to be a HUGE Voyager fan. my next favorite was TNG, but i never cared for DS9 or enterprise. TOS was hit or miss with me.

anyway...

i'm looking orward to see what they do wit this version of the movie.

did you notice that the end of the trailer says "christmas 2008"?
LOL, yes she was.

I think that was the original date when they first started producing the movie. It must have received some big time delays. Hopefully they are just taking their time and making this one of the best movies in star trek history...What..I can hope right
Old 03-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #26
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Trekies unite!!!
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:12 AM   #27
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

I just saw the new trailer online, cannot WAIT to see it on the big screen . I have to say at least 90% of the cast is dead on, Zack "Heroes" Quinto was born to play a young Spock . Ditto for Chris Pine (he is the new J T Kirk), oh and the MUSIC in the trailer is killer, I had to find what it was called and save it to my MP3 collection .

Trailer
Hurry UP May 8th
Old 03-12-2009, 08:23 AM   #28
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
God damn, every time I see that trailer, I am in awe. With this movie setting up a new continuity (and possibly erasing the prior in this movie's universe) I think Abrams and Paramount may be on to something.

We may very well see the revival of the franchise with this movie. I can only hope that they make a TV series for this. Bad f**kin' ass.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote