Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Grammar police, you can vent here

Seriously. Talk about killing a thread.

Since this will never stop, I'll try to move all grammar police off topic banter to here. That might save me, and many other people from reading it in the technical car forums.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Grammar police, you can vent here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post
...personal knowledge of there work, get there permission to list them.... What do you think?
Well, first off, it's spelled T-H-E-I-R. Secondly (and excuse my ignorance) what is PDR? As a retired Dept. of Defense guy, it means Product Deficiency Report but I suspect you mean something other than that.

Sorry for the grammar police thing, but it's a pet peeve of mine and I thought you'd like to know. People take you more seriously when you can spell, use proper grammar, and form sentences correctly.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Well, first off, it's spelled T-H-E-I-R. Secondly (and excuse my ignorance) what is PDR? As a retired Dept. of Defense guy, it means Product Deficiency Report but I suspect you mean something other than that.

Sorry for the grammar police thing, but it's a pet peeve of mine and I thought you'd like to know. People take you more seriously when you can spell, use proper grammar, and form sentences correctly.
Now that you have given me a grammar lesson let me return the favor, read the post above.

I would suggest you not read anymore threads I start, it would only piss you more as I miss spell words a lot.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #4
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:

I am not a grammar king by far, but your last sentence has errors too. That's quite funny.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
PalmerGA

Quote:
Now that you have given me a grammar lesson let me return the favor, read the post above.

I would suggest you not read anymore threads I start, it would only piss you more as I miss spell words a lot.
Just trying to help... and "misspell" is one word.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 05-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #6
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I am not a grammar king by far, but your last sentence has errors too. That's quite funny.
Please specify. I am by no means perfect in my grammar/spelling. It's just that the misuse of there, their, and they're is a pet peeve of mine.

Us old farts have little to look forward to sometimes.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #7
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:

...it would only piss you OFF more as I misspell words a lot...
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #8
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:

PDR

Postpartum Doctor Residency
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:08 AM   #9
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Just for you PalmerGA

Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:31 AM   #10
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
^hahaha..like spelling matters
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:57 AM   #11
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:

Wow, I'll just go ahead and say I am sorry for the way I type, spell, use punctuation, and even use capital letters. Oh yea wait, I also have poor sentence structure. I am sure that some errors have been made here so far in this posting. Once again I am sorry to all.

See I never did to well in school. Truth be told, I barley passed. I wish one day I could aspire to a higher status, and basic overall education. I am so amazed that I have a couple of cars that run. Shocked that I have a few dollars for both gas tanks. Completely freaked out that I can eat so much to get fat and lazy. Totally stunned to have two places of residences, one for the summer and one for the winter. Extremely flabbergasted to have a retirement plan that I now live off of. I think the one single thing that i am most of all absolutely stunned about though, is the fact that your condescending a$$'s tax dollars paid for it all!. As a matter of fact your whole family paid for it all! See I am just a worthless bumm that went across a really big pond then, came back home unemployable and disabled. Thank you for your inspiring me. Its people like you that make me feel super good when the first and the fifteenth come.

Oh wait! I also use run-on sentences, and sometimes do what my Military friend does, spell the words incorrectly depending on how there used.

Wow once again I am really sorry.

HOLY SH*T!!! I almost forgot. I don't use paragraphs properly either. Now I know I've missed a few things for you to correct, but then how would we know how smart you are? After all nobody is going to take me seriously unless, "you can spell, use proper grammar, and form sentences correctly", right? so I left some things for you to critique me on, because this is as far as my public high school education has taken me. And lets not forget I barley passed. I would really love to learn more about what I can improve on.

@ DARK AGE 53 thanks man, I am grateful. Think you know what I mean.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:58 AM   #12
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
^hahaha..like spelling matters
It may not matter all that much here, but try that shit at work and people will think you're an idiot. It matters in the real world. It could cost you a promotion.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:21 AM   #13
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
That's kind of the thing. Were not at work. As a matter of fact we are supposed to be at the one place we done need to worry about work. Its certainly not a self improvement website for bettering ones continuing education. Again I may be wrong but is this not a place that we can come to when we have questions regarding our cars? Actually there is even an off topic section. i guess that means this place is pretty lax.

Man you guys crack me up. I am all for proper English. Also I would like to see the basics of a sentence. So you can excuse me, but that was just rude. All the guy wanted to do was ask a question man. If you didn't like his grammar or spelling or didn't understand his acronym, what was your real point of posting? Are you seriously attempting to make this man a better person? Are you honestly trying to help him out?

No I think not. Pretty sure its just about being an ass.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:09 AM   #14
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo View Post
Just for you PalmerGA

See there...