Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-06-2010, 01:53 AM   #15
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Pretty strange...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:39 AM   #16
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Strange indeed.
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #17
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmont View Post
Not getting your plates sets you off? What else set him off? Rain? The Mailman? I feel for the family but that guy was wound a little too tightly.

Sounds like a little reading up on the term Mental Illness is in order. Hopefully you nor a family member will ever have to experience any of the numerous problems. I am not blasting you, just have a little more understanding. Do you think that he wanted to live that way?
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #18
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cash84 View Post
Coming from a car Salesman..... Who knows what the whole story was/is...

Have a little respect for the guy... Maybe the dealership screwed him over which happens all the time...
So what I do for a living makes my opinion less relavent? Wow.

I'm not saying anywhere in my post that the person deserved what happened. Matter of fact, I expressed sympathy. I'm sorry that I find it abnormal that not getting your plates is a reason to go off. The why doesn't matter, (as in why he went off the deep end), what matters is not sweating the small stuff. EVER. Life is just way too damn short to stress over things that you can't control. Of course he had mental issues, I think the article even said so.

I'm not mocking, or disrespecting him. I'm also not interested in political correctness, or how you have no problem jumping to conclusions about the dealer screwing someone over. In reality I don't know what the reason was, just as you don't. Sorry, I call it as I see it, and apparently so do you.

IMHO anytime you're obsessed about one thing in your life up to the level where it affects your life, it's time to get seek professional help.

I don't know what leads you to say "coming from a car salesman" about my post. So, if I was a postal worker who commented on a shooting would you also respond by saying, "coming from a mailman"? You seem to suggest that I'm automatically wrong b/c I sell cars? Then you mean to tell me about respect for someone?

I take enough grief from people everyday who think it's ok to act in a disrespectful manner toward sales people. I'm not complaining, I choose to be a sales person, and I could change my profession tomorrow if I wanted. It also comes w/ the territory, but it doesn't mean I have to take it on this forum just b/c I have to take it from people in my showroom. I'm only replying to you to make you aware of the hypocrisy in your reply to me.

Maybe the person who could learn a little something about respect is you?

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #19
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
IMO, think this was the wrong place to discuss this subject. Doesn't matter about the story on his plates, a person is dead.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #20
4.0=SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IOM/Blk, Borla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword5 View Post
IMO, think this was the wrong place to discuss this subject. Doesn't matter about the story on his plates, a person is dead.
I totally agree....take it off-line guys.
4.0=SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #21
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
  • 70 year old guy buying a Camaro is worthy of this forum.
  • 70 year old guy buying a Camaro and having probs getting his tags from the dealership is worthy of this forum.
  • 70 year old guy, with a history of mental problems, buying a Camaro, having probs from the dealership getting his tags and later being found dead after he gets upset about said probs is certainly a topic worthy of this forum.
It's a strange story of general interest to Camaro fans.
  • Getting personally upset and overly-emotional about what some stranger writes on an internet forum is kinda laughable and probably not worthy of a forum.