Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-28-2018, 02:02 PM   #1
Mistress of All Evil
Camaro Girl

Drives: 2013 Black RS Coupe
Thumbs down Pro Chamber???

Hey...does anything like the MAC pro chmaber for Mustangs exist for the Camaro? I haven’t came across anything that is even similar, so I’m thinking that it must not exist?

I’m trying to deepen the sound on my v6, I did a muffler delete with axelbacks and have added a CAI, which all sounds awesome....I’ve been looking at shorty headers (don’t want to do longs) but I keep getting mixed reviews on them....and my best friend, and greatest rival drives a mustang and is looking at a pro chamber....so I’m just trying to compare. Any ideas, or suggestions would be great. Thanks so much.
Mistress of All Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:11 PM   #2
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
You have a LFX engine, no headers can be added to your system as your exhaust does not go out a traditional manifold. It dumps into a downpipe.

I never heard of the Pro Chamber, and I have been around a long time for the 6th gen Camaro.

What axlebacks did you put in the place of the mufflers.

You can look to remove the Cats, and the rear silencer piece.

You will find more help too on the V6 section for the LFX engine.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:48 PM   #3
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Prochamber is a box type cross over with directional baffles. It is a cross between an X-pipe and H-pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-01-2018, 09:19 AM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Yeah, the kind of axle back you used will change responses. Just a muffler delete would not sound deep. If you add the Magnaflow 11386 x pipe where the stock H pipe is, you'd get a little less noise in cabin but it would have a much deeper tone. If you wanted short headers, then your equivalent would probably be high flow cats - Solo has a set that have resonators attached to them, and ARH has a set that are just cats. ARH also has catless downpipes, but you have to get a tune to get rid of the CEL then. But getting rid of the stock cats is how you will get more volume.

I assume your friend has a 6 cylinder Mustang also? To my knowledge, they only have 2 cats stock to our 4, so if you're trying to match his car in volume you'll need to get creative, especially if he gets headers.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
Mistress of All Evil
Camaro Girl

Drives: 2013 Black RS Coupe
Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate it! I have slp loud mouth 2 axel backs on my car, and they sound pretty decent...just trying to deepen the tone, and maybe go a little louder. I’m trying to stay away from deleting the cats, but I have started to look into high flow cats. Just looking for other ideas to accomplish what I’m trying to do. And yes, my friend with the stang has a v6, and has axel backs, and is adding the pro chmaber, and bbk shorty headers....so I need to figure something out. Lol!

Last edited by Mistress of All Evil; 03-01-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Mistress of All Evil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deeper sound, exhaust, pro chamber, v62013